Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 475012 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #3560 on: December 04, 2020, 12:39:13 pm »

Democrat politicians were put in the difficult position of having to defend marching and protesting peacefully with the obviously illegal activities that were occurring from these same or contingent groups.

Doesn't seem like a very difficult position to me. You defend the marching and protesting, and condemn the rioting and looting. It is really pretty straightforward. And not very controversial. I think it would be better if you thought things through a little more thoroughly before posting. You are really not doing yourself any favors.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 12:53:18 pm by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3561 on: December 04, 2020, 12:52:43 pm »

... But to me it remains unproven if the looters are alt-left, alt-right or just anarchists who will do anything to fuel civic unrest without a strong ideology behind it.

You forgot about rioters. I don't think anyone here claimed that looters are alt-left or someone with a strong ideology behind it. Here we agree.

But rioters are 99% the Left, as well as those who condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters).

faberryman

« Reply #3562 on: December 04, 2020, 01:00:48 pm »

The question is who let them do so for 100+ days, telling the police to stand down, not sending in National Guard, bailing rioters and providing legal aid to them? And, supposedly, that was the right approach, which allowed the riots to end sooner (only 100+days - but guess it is just mere nanoseconds in Earth's time). And who was the guy who kept quiet about it in his basement for those 100+ days, so that he can get Bernie supporters to vote for him?

Any place this happened other than Portland? And from what I read, the "riots" only occurred in a three or four block area downtown, in a park across from the federal building. But I could be wrong. I didn't follow them that closely. I would certainly agree that the Portland mayor could have done a better. job. He would probably welcome a do-over.

chez

« Reply #3563 on: December 04, 2020, 01:01:02 pm »

I stated that there were many groups who were just there to loot.  The problem is, in the middle of protests to support a black cause, 99% of the looters were black.  Night after night you'd watch movies of blacks breaking windows and breaking in to rob stores and burn them down.  It's hard to argue if you're there peacefully to support a black cause when down the block black looters are burning the place down.  Then at the same time, democratic Congresswomen and other democrats are calling to defund the police.  Even Obama has recently called these "defunders"  nuts in his usual eloquent way.

You are so wrong with your made up facts. At the very least search for Portland riot images and look for yourself before posting things that embarrass you.

chez

« Reply #3564 on: December 04, 2020, 01:02:03 pm »

You forgot about rioters. I don't think anyone here claimed that looters are alt-left or someone with a strong ideology behind it. Here we agree.

But rioters are 99% the Left, as well as those who condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters).

Sounds like you get your facts ( 99% ) from the same place as Alan...kind of stinky facts no?

John Camp

« Reply #3565 on: December 04, 2020, 01:03:22 pm »

As a liberal, I agree that a very large percentage of the people involved in the riots, if they have any political identity at all, would be on the left. Most of the people involved in the actual riots (as opposed to peaceful demonstrations) were motivated by anger about police killing of unarmed black men, greed (the looters) or mental instability (violence for the sake of violence.) The alt-right generally hasn't been involved in what you'd call riots, but rather in threatening, heavily-armed demonstrations as the one inside the Michigan capitol, plots to kidnap a governor, street murders in Wisconsin, neo-Nazi marches in Virginia, etc. Does any reasonable person think that carrying a .223 black rifle with a 30-round banana mag to a political event is done with no thought of intimidation? I think there was more than enough craziness on both sides. Did we see that during Carter Years? The Reagan years? The Bush I years? The Clinton years? The Bush II years? The Obama years? The Trump years? Oh, wait...   

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3566 on: December 04, 2020, 01:03:59 pm »

And yet he did win. Imagine what a landslide it would have been if voters hadn't been alienated from the Democratic party by the riots and calls for defunding the police. Wow!

Are you suggesting that the Democratic party had anything to do with riots and defund the police calls? Wow!

;D ;D ;D

TechTalk

« Reply #3567 on: December 04, 2020, 01:06:27 pm »

99% (and I am being charitable) of the riots, burnings, monument toppling, etc. comes from the Left.

99% of the looters were black

rioters are 99% the Left, as well as those who condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters).

100% of the people, in recent years, who have murdered kids at a liberal party youth camp in Norway (77 Dead), Muslims in New Zealand (51 Dead), attendees at a liberal church youth service in the U.S. (2 Dead), U.S Sikhs at their temple (7 Dead), U.S. African-Americans attending church service (9 Dead), U.S. Jews at their synagogue (11 Dead), attempted murder during a freeway shootout with police when stopped on their way to murder liberals at the U.S. ACLU and a liberal charity group (2 Police Injured), and plotted to kidnap a U.S. state governor have all been white extremists of various sorts.

What to make of that statistic? I'd say very little, except that they were all criminals who acted on a sick twisted ideology of racism, or nationalism, or antigovernment politics, or some combination of those—that resulted in terrible acts of violence.

Frankly, your "statistics" are idiotic and don't impress anyone but yourselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxville_Unitarian_Universalist_church_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylann_Roof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_freeway_shootout
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

faberryman

« Reply #3568 on: December 04, 2020, 01:10:14 pm »

Maybe so. I just haven't seen any data on it, so I don't know what the percentage is. I don't recall seeing very many people, on either side of the political spectrum, condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters). The rioting and looting looked pretty unorganized to me. There were of course some clashes between alt-left and alt-right which looked well organized.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3569 on: December 04, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »

...The Obama years? ...

Sure... Ferguson, BLM, are all Obama years.

P.S. Five Dallas police executed by a BLM-inspired sniper.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:21:21 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3570 on: December 04, 2020, 01:20:23 pm »

...  What to make of that statistic?...
... Frankly, your "statistics" are idiotic and don't impress anyone but yourselves.

Frankly, you didn't disprove my "idiotic" statistics, just engaged in unrelated, by place and time, whataboutism.

TechTalk

« Reply #3571 on: December 04, 2020, 01:24:09 pm »

Frankly, you didn't disprove my "idiotic" statistics, just engaged in unrelated, by place and time, whataboutism.

Because there are things in life that are too idiotic to waste very much time on and the "statistics" from you and Alan definitely fit that mold.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3572 on: December 04, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »

... Muslims in New Zealand (51 Dead)...

How conveniently you forgot to include a revenge Muslim attack for Easter that resulted in 300+ dead and 500+ injured. But, hey... 51!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3573 on: December 04, 2020, 01:27:24 pm »

Because there are things in life that are too idiotic to waste very much time on and the "statistics" from you and Alan definitely fit that mold.

Perhaps.

On a related note, where did I call any of your personal statements or ideas "idiotic"? If you can not retain a minimum level of decorum, perhaps you would be much better served to listen to your own advice and not waste very much time here?

TechTalk

« Reply #3574 on: December 04, 2020, 01:31:33 pm »

How conveniently you forgot to include a revenge Muslim attack for Easter that resulted in 300+ dead and 500+ injured. But, hey... 51!

It comes as no surprise that you completely missed the point. I wasn't engaging in a game of who has the highest statistical body count or property damage by ideology.

The point was...

they were all criminals who acted on a sick twisted ideology

* And the unstated, but obvious, point that violence and criminal behavior is not limited to any particular ideology. It comes from those who embrace extreme ideologies of all types.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:50:06 pm by TechTalk »

faberryman

« Reply #3575 on: December 04, 2020, 01:32:15 pm »

Are you suggesting that the Democratic party had anything to do with riots and defund the police calls? Wow!

;D ;D ;D

Not al all. Alan said that the riots and looting and calls for defunding the police cost Biden votes. I was merely pointing out to Alan that if that were the case, imagine how much greater Biden's margin of victory would have been if the rioting and looting and calls for defunding the police had not occurred.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:51:37 pm by faberryman »

TechTalk

« Reply #3576 on: December 04, 2020, 01:33:14 pm »

Perhaps.

On a related note, where did I call any of your personal statements or ideas "idiotic"? If you can not retain a minimum level of decorum, perhaps you would be much better served to listen to your own advice and not waste very much time here?

I'll post what I choose, when I choose. You don't believe in freedom of speech?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3577 on: December 04, 2020, 01:34:44 pm »

... I don't recall seeing very many people, on either side of the political spectrum, condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters)...

I'll help you with that:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/npr-and-new-books-indefensible-defense-of-looting-opinion/ar-BB18CNbd

Or this:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/blm-organizer-who-called-looting-reparations-doubles-down/

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:39:23 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3578 on: December 04, 2020, 01:35:22 pm »

I'll post what I choose, when I choose.

Be my guest.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website