Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 474783 times)

chez

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #1040 on: November 12, 2020, 11:21:31 am »

So does that opinion apply to those who cheat at golf, too?

Or possibly republicans cheating more than the democrats...after all their leader is a known liar and cheater.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1041 on: November 12, 2020, 11:22:21 am »

Yet, Clinton recognized defeat in 24h and Obama had invited Trump to the White house a week after election, although the gap in key states in favor of Trump was lower than what it is this year in favor of Biden.

There is zero evidence that more fraud happened this year than 4 years ago, nor that if fraud there was it was perpetrated in favor of Democrats. They are not attacking Republicans on a possible fraud only because they won. But as far as I concerned I feel that the odds that Republicans tried to cheat is much higher.

Cheers,
Bernard

You're splitting hairs.  First off, Obama wasn't running for reelection as Trump is.  Obama was getting replaced regardless so he had no axe to grind. The case now is the president is running for reelection and is one of the candidates.

Second, while Hillary acknowledged her loss, that was for public consumption.  She went on to force a recount using the third party candidates to do her bidding and then tried to change Trump electors to vote for her.  How is that "conceding"? 

jeremyrh

« Reply #1042 on: November 12, 2020, 11:26:42 am »

Guys - this is the "bear pit", not the "bore pit".  Has anyone got anything new to say?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1043 on: November 12, 2020, 11:34:34 am »

i missed this one...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?itid=lk_inline_manual_4
One more reason it is a good thing Biden has won the election. at some point 'the Truth' becomes vague if you cannot trust a President.
It is the same strategy Poetin uses ; misinformation from the top level.
At the moment i hope for the sake of democracy and peace in the US that Trump will concede.
Whether a president concedes or not, he's gone on Jan 21st.  He can only serve for four years.  Then the newly elected president is sworn in and legally becomes president.  The Secret Service, who now works for the new president, will help the old president pack his bags and transport him to wherever he wants to go, probably Mar A Lago.  The weather's nicer in Florida and he can play golf.  It's a complex procedure detailed here.  But no concession is required.
https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-politics-elections-electoral-college-99640a416ebea638caedbacbbe027405

James Clark

« Reply #1044 on: November 12, 2020, 11:37:09 am »

No. Not at this point.

Then I didn't create a strawman. 

James Clark

« Reply #1045 on: November 12, 2020, 11:37:58 am »

Guys - this is the "bear pit", not the "bore pit".  Has anyone got anything new to say?

:D   Point taken.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1046 on: November 12, 2020, 11:41:53 am »

I am not willing to eat turkey in a group either.  A crown of lamb is being served at my house. 

PS, we spoke to people on both sides to see how comfortable they were in attending Thanksgiving and whether we should hold it.  With the exception of a hand full, everyone is looking forward to it and is planning on attending.  Those whom are not, are choosing not to attend.  This is how it is suppose to work, people making there own risk/reward assessment without  Big Brother telling us what to do. 
We hadn't seen my daughter and son-in-law for around 6 months.  Then, we all got together on the Jersey shore.  First we sat at an outdoor table and ate lunches that we brought with us.  Then we walked down to the beach where we sat in chairs about ten feet from each other and talked for around four hours on a beautiful day in the sand.  Too cold to swim though.  We skipped meeting in a closed environment.  We didn't wear masks but no hugging, kissing, or hand shaking. We knocked elbows.  I have no idea what New Jersey's rules were regarding these meetings. But there were loads of people on the beach enjoying a warm Autumn day. 
Picture from ten feet away.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:48:57 am by Alan Klein »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #1047 on: November 12, 2020, 11:42:56 am »

Then I didn't create a strawman.

Not in my opinion.  Yours it seems may vary.
Craig Lamson Photo

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #1048 on: November 12, 2020, 11:50:25 am »

We hadn't seen my daughter and son-in-law for around 6 months.  Then, we all got together on the Jersey shore.  First we sat at an outdoor table and ate lunches that we brought with us.  Then we walked down to the beach where we sat in chairs about ten feet from each other and talked for around four hours on a beautiful day in the sand.  Too cold to swim though.  We skipped meeting in a closed environment.  We didn't wear masks but no hugging, kissing, or hand shaking. We knocked elbows.  I have no idea what New Jersey's rules were regarding these meetings. But there were loads of people on the beach enjoying a warm Autumn day.

Excellent Alan, glad you were able to rejoin with your loved ones. The way you describe it it is fine and poses no risk. Unfortunately, not every one follows common sense. This second wave is going to be tougher than the first one, because if countriesneed to implement a full lockdown, the economy will barely survive. So we are walking a fine balance, trying to minimize number of deaths and number of bankruptcies.

faberryman

« Reply #1049 on: November 12, 2020, 11:56:53 am »

So I was doing some back of the envelope math. I read that the Trump campaign had 60 million in the bank in October, and then spent 160 million on media ads. So they are in the hole 100 million, less the amount raised in October. So they are now raising money for the voter fraud litigation, and there is this little asterisk that says 50% of each donation goes to retire campaign debt. So the cynic in me says they need to keep up the voter fraud litigation long enough to raise a sufficient amount to pay off the campaign debt, which could take a while. Meanwhile, the lawyers are loving it, racking up those billable hours at a fast clip. And of course Trump is not coming out of pocket, so he doesn't care how much any of this is costing. Just suggesting that this may not be about preserving democracy at all.

By the way, who cares what Hillary did what, when, or where? It is a pretty close race for who can claim the title most despicable, Hillary or Trump. Saying you are better than Hillary doesn't exactly raise you to the level of paragon of virtue.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:15:42 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1050 on: November 12, 2020, 11:57:08 am »

So then we agree that Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the election?
Those of us that understand how elections are done in the US, yes, as we accepted the tally and results in 2016. Some were not happy but did face reality. This year, the unreality bubble is very dense, so as you can see, some can't accept he is the legitimate winner.  :'(
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1051 on: November 12, 2020, 12:06:06 pm »

I think we just accept it.

(‘accept it’ refers to cheating)

Okay then. Forget decency, respect, fairness, legality.

What the hell; forget laws, too.  They’re useless. Cheaters gonna cheat.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1052 on: November 12, 2020, 12:09:11 pm »

I didn't follow this so I don't if the matter was raised.

What if Trump starts an war. Let's say with Iran. Reasons and ways he can find. Would that give him the opportunity to "disregard" the transition of power?

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #1053 on: November 12, 2020, 12:09:31 pm »

Those of us that understand how elections are done in the US, yes, as we accepted the tally and results in 2016. Some were not happy but did face reality. This year, the unreality bubble is very dense, so as you can see, some can't accept he is the legitimate winner.  :'(
Not a single state's votes have been certified yet, so there is nothing to accept yet.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #1054 on: November 12, 2020, 12:10:31 pm »

I didn't follow this so I don't if the matter was raised.

What if Trump starts an war. Let's say with Iran. Reasons and ways he can find. Would that give him the opportunity to "disregard" the transition of power?
What if you think before posting?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1055 on: November 12, 2020, 12:12:00 pm »

Considering how fast you replied maybe you should attend to your own advice.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1056 on: November 12, 2020, 12:15:09 pm »

It's hard to square the notion of a MASSIVE fraud with what happened in Congress and Senate. I mean, if there was fraud, they didn't do it very well, did they. Not massive in any sense that I understand the word.  :)

But also, since Trump was President for 4 years and has been whining about this voter fraud thing for as long as I can remember, shouldn't he have done something about it before the election? It's like those histograms on mirrorless bodies, it sure is a lot handier seeing the histogram before taking the picture.

Cause you know guys, there's not much that's easier to do than count votes. It's not high-tech, no mystery involved, just volunteers putting numbers in columns then double-checking the sums. Many countries have mastered this, a lot of them with fewer resources and experience than what the USA can bring to the table. So what gives?

You know, don't you, that there are people all over the world shaking their heads at this sh*t show. Or is it all just really part of an anti-immigration meme, hoping that people all over the world are looking at this and thinking, "Nah, I don't want to move there."  :)
--
Robert

TechTalk

« Reply #1057 on: November 12, 2020, 12:15:56 pm »

Not a single state's votes have been certified yet, so there is nothing to accept yet.

That's false. Seven states have certified their elections. Would you like a list?

Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1058 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:06 pm »

You are seriously the last person here to ask sir. As others have pointed out last time you posted off topic in this thread.
Go (try) to make a snapshot for us to critique. ;D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1059 on: November 12, 2020, 12:17:04 pm »

Trump admitted what is far worse than jacking off! No comparison to sexual assault but on Trump world he can do no harm. Please, your need to Vilify Toobin is ridiculous.
I'm not vilifying him.  He did this to himself, no pun intended,  and lost all authority.  They fired him because who would take him seriously after this incident?  Most men would rather identify with a guy with lots of pretty girlfriends than some guy who's self satisfying himself on Zoom. 
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 809   Go Up