Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 475556 times)

TechTalk

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #8760 on: March 10, 2021, 10:42:24 am »

What do we need a Secretary of Education?

With a question written in gibberish form such as this, perhaps we need a Secretary of Adult Remedial Education.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8761 on: March 10, 2021, 10:42:30 am »

Is that really a fact? Sounds more like a personal opinion to me.

I think we would need to do a detailed analysis of "most of these things" to see which are best done at the federal level and which are best done at the state and local level. I don't think simply making a sweeping generalization is the best approach. 

How many school board meetings have you actually attended in person?

That is one of your favorite phrases. Not only is it not true, it is meaningless.

Since the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what is constitutional under our form of government, I'd say they are constitutional.
Thanks for your opinions.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8762 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:00 am »

That's probably just ignorance and not really his fault. Maybe he's the victim of public schools in a red state.
Biden and I (me?) are students of Blue states.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8763 on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:22 am »

Thanks for your opinions.
Guys, he is beyond reason and help.
It has been proven to be impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier like Alan.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8764 on: March 10, 2021, 10:45:43 am »

I don't know why you think he stayed hidden in his basement. Everyone knew he was down there. He even communicated with the outside world now and then. It was a campaign strategy. Let the other guy self-destruct.  It worked. He is clearly not hiding now. I see him on the news every day actually doing something. As far as the biased news media goes, it seems to me that the fair and balanced news media on the right is doing a good job offering an alternative point of view.
I'll make a $50 side bet with you he won't finish his first term.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8765 on: March 10, 2021, 10:46:36 am »

Biden and I (me?) are students of Blue states.
See, he's confused by his own admission.
https://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/when-to-use-i-and-when-to-use-me
Alan also doesn't know much about the states where Biden was educated (and Alan clearly isn't  :-X ).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Pennsylvania

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8766 on: March 10, 2021, 10:50:00 am »

If he's such a basket case it makes you wonder how he won the election - how bad must the other guy have been?

And at a 60% approval rate now. The phrase "anything but that" comes to mind (in reference to the previous admin).
But I see him as much better than just an alternative to a dumpster fire. He's really getting things done so far.

But if you guys are right and he's losing it, that would be very unfortunate to have two mentally inept presidents in a row.
In that case I would welcome president Harris. If she got the nomination I would have certainly voted for her over Trump too.
-MattB

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8767 on: March 10, 2021, 10:51:26 am »

Biden probably went to private school.
-MattB

TechTalk

« Reply #8768 on: March 10, 2021, 10:57:05 am »

What do bureaucrats who know nothing about me and my neighbors are about the education and how we get it?

Is this a test? Are we supposed to locate the missing words and punctuation to form a coherent sentence?

Did those those clever bureaucrats put you up to this to show the need for more money devoted to education?
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

faberryman

« Reply #8769 on: March 10, 2021, 11:00:10 am »

He stayed hidden in his basement during the campaign as he is doing now.  His handlers are hiding him.  Meanwhile, the biased new media is covering for him.

I don't know why you think he stayed hidden in his basement. Everyone knew he was down there. He even communicated with the outside world now and then. It was a campaign strategy. Let the other guy self-destruct.  It worked. He is clearly not hiding now. I see him on the news every day actually doing something. As far as the biased news media goes, it seems to me that the fair and balanced news media on the right is doing a good job offering an alternative point of view.

What does that have to do with his hiding, his handlers, and the biased news media?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8770 on: March 10, 2021, 11:05:07 am »

Is this a test? Are we supposed to locate the missing words and punctuation to form a coherent sentence?

Did those those clever bureaucrats put you up to this to show the need for more money devoted to education?
So the Truth Brigade without a name or place of birth has also become the SPellCheck and Grammar Brigade.  On a photography forum. Grow up and stop the inane comments and personal attacks. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8771 on: March 10, 2021, 11:07:12 am »

What does that have to do with his hiding, his handlers, and the biased news media?
So you're afraid to make the bet. Lack of conviction?  Not sure of the truth?  Don't trust your opinions? 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8772 on: March 10, 2021, 11:15:35 am »

So the Truth Brigade without a name or place of birth has also become the SPellCheck and Grammar Brigade.  On a photography forum. Grow up and stop the inane comments and personal attacks.
I only wish the truth brigade could give Allan the “Rex Tillerson” treatment he applied to Trump and tell Alan what many feel about his cognitive abilities....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/09/04/trumps-insults-idiot-woodward-806455

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8773 on: March 10, 2021, 11:21:10 am »

You make reasonable points.  The fact is we could get rid of Transportation, Education,  and a load of other departments of the government and never miss them.  We should also stop spending money on a lot of them and save the taxpayers money. Most of these things are handled better by the states and localities. 

For example, does your local school board need to check with the federal government?  What do we need a Secretary of Education?  Can't your state and county local school boards handle it?  They seem to be already.  60% of my property taxes go for local education.  Who needs the feds butting in? What do bureaucrats who know nothing about me and my neighbors are about the education and how we get it?  It's all politics.

What about HUD Housing and Urban Development?  All these departments are just places to award contributors and give jobs away to politicians' supporters after the election.  They're a waste of money for the most part.  Plus they're unconstitutional.  There's nothing in it that gives the federal government the power to get involved with these things.  The constitution left it to the states to handle them and regulate them, not Washington.  But the Supreme Court has allowed Washington's power to grow until the huge and expensive monster it's become.
Why does my state of New Jersey need the Feds?

NJ Top Education State In Latest U.S. News Ranking
According to the new ranking by U.S. News & World Report, New Jersey tops all states in education.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/princeton/nj-top-education-state-latest-u-s-news-ranking

faberryman

« Reply #8774 on: March 10, 2021, 11:27:47 am »

So you're afraid to make the bet. Lack of conviction?  Not sure of the truth?  Don't trust your opinions?

Don't be childish. First, as a matter of principal I don't gamble. Second, if I did gamble, why would I bet on whether he may or may not die during his first term? Biden is 78. He may die during his first term; he may not. He may have a stroke or a heart attack and die tomorrow; he may live until he is 100. If he dies during his first term, Kamala Harris will become President and serve out the remainder of his term. Then there will be a new election in 2024. Life will go on. It is nothing I am particularly worried about.

So now that you have deflected the conversation to betting when Biden dies, let's return to where we left off.

He stayed hidden in his basement during the campaign as he is doing now.  His handlers are hiding him.  Meanwhile, the biased new media is covering for him.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:39:01 am by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8775 on: March 10, 2021, 11:39:41 am »

Don't be childish. First, as a matter of principal I don't gamble. Second, if I did gamble, why would I bet on whether he may or may not die during his first term? Biden is 78. He may die during his first term; he may not. He may have a stroke or a heart attack and die tomorrow; he may live until he is 100. If he dies during his first term, Kamala Harris will become President and serve out the remainder of his term. Then there will be a new election in 2024. Life will go on. It is nothing I am particularly worried about.
I'll sweeten the bet.  I say he leaves because of reasons other than death.  No one wins if he just dies.

faberryman

« Reply #8776 on: March 10, 2021, 11:41:59 am »

I'll sweeten the bet.  I say he leaves because of reasons other than death.  No one wins if he just dies.

I have no interest in making bets.

Let's return to where we left off before you deflected the conversation to betting on whether Biden would die during his fist term.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8777 on: March 10, 2021, 11:43:51 am »

I have no interest in making bets.

Let's return to where we left off before you deflected the conversation to betting on whether Biden would die during his fist term.

All talk.

faberryman

« Reply #8778 on: March 10, 2021, 11:48:46 am »

All talk.

Is this what happens to someone who hasn't been able to go to the race track and bet on the horses for a year?

Now, let's resume our conversation from before all this betting nonsense.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:53:22 am by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8779 on: March 10, 2021, 11:56:36 am »

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 809   Go Up