Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 474943 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #3660 on: December 05, 2020, 03:38:34 am »

How does burning down black-owned businesses and looting them help the black community?

Alan, once you can learn to distinguish the difference between a criminal and a legitimate protestor you might come to the answer, which is really quite simple.

Any criminal worth his salt would take advantage of the situation you had over there. Skin colour has nothing to do with either the victim or the perpetrator.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3661 on: December 05, 2020, 05:56:06 am »

Ok...so now about your 99% looters are black BS.

Once again, where did I claim that!?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3662 on: December 05, 2020, 06:34:10 am »

... police officers who
  -1- shoot to kill jogging minorities in a hoody because they might be a running burglar
  -2- choke an arrested minority person to death while three colleagues are happily watching while the four of them would have been perfectly capable to handcuff him and take him to their station for interrogation...

You simply do not know what you are talking about. Go back and check the facts of each case.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3663 on: December 05, 2020, 07:04:49 am »

You simply do not know what you are talking about. Go back and check the facts of each case.
You simply don't want to see stuff that is there for everybody to read and find because it doesn't fit your agenda:
-1- Trayvon Martin is one of the examples
-2- George Floyd

pieter, aka pegelli

faberryman

« Reply #3664 on: December 05, 2020, 07:40:03 am »

No sense arguing about it. The men involved in the killings have been arrested and will stand trial.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3665 on: December 05, 2020, 07:49:39 am »

Friday was a tough day in court for the Trump tribe, https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/04/donald-trump-in-court-443010.
--
Robert

jeremyrh

« Reply #3666 on: December 05, 2020, 08:16:00 am »

No sense arguing about it. The men involved in the killings have been arrested and will stand trial.

Right. Let’s see what the outcome is !!

jeremyrh

« Reply #3667 on: December 05, 2020, 08:17:55 am »

What percentage of the folks firing tear gas were black/Muslim/communists/homosexuals/whoever you’re hating on this time around?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3668 on: December 05, 2020, 08:50:03 am »

You simply don't want to see stuff that is there for everybody to read and find because it doesn't fit your agenda:
-1- Trayvon Martin is one of the examples
-2- George Floyd

Again, I don't know what sources you use, but neither example matches your previous characterization of the events. Once again, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

You apparently read the news with a strong confirmation bias, that is, cherry-pick elements of the story that confirm what you already think is the case, and neglect the rest.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:56:50 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3669 on: December 05, 2020, 09:03:57 am »

Again, I don't know what sources you use, but neither example matches your previous characterization of the events. Once again, you simply do not know what you are talking about.

You apparently read the news with a strong confirmation bias, that is, cherry-pick elements of the story that confirm what you already think is the case, and neglect the rest.
Just watch the unedited video of the George Floyd arrest and you'll know what I'm talking about. Your obnoxious yelling only confirms that you don't want to see or hear evidence in front of your eyes if it doesn't fit your agenda.

I'm sure that you are able to even find a way to spin the Ahmaud Arbery killing (not by the police) as another "left" crime.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3670 on: December 05, 2020, 09:18:20 am »

The point was and still is...

But it was his and Republican Congress legislation's tax policies and reforms to regulation that encouraged business and jobs to grow.  It's OK to give him credit now.  The election is over.

jeremyrh

« Reply #3671 on: December 05, 2020, 09:25:21 am »

But it was his and Republican Congress legislation's tax policies and reforms to regulation that encouraged business and jobs to grow.  It's OK to give him credit now.  The election is over.

The election's over but it's still a bit dim to give Trump credit for what happened while Obama was president.

Let's turn this around - now the election's over is there anything you can think of that Trump did wrong?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3672 on: December 05, 2020, 09:26:25 am »

Your lack of decency in this debate makes me cringe and more whataboutism will only make that worse.

A few facts:
- I don't live in the Netherlands and even if I would it would be highly unlikely I'd be making the laws there
- I personally despise discrimination and racism and have both in my working and private life worked to ensure everybody I have influence over has a chance to participate based on their abilities and not hampered by gender, religion, skin colour, sexual preference or any other irrelevant difference
- Before pointing your finger at the Netherlands (and pointing three at yourself) the only thing I can say is that in most Western countries they are trying to avoid having police officers who
  -1- shoot to kill jogging minorities in a hoody because they might be a running burglar
  -2- choke an arrested minority person to death while three colleagues are happily watching while the four of them would have been perfectly capable to handcuff him and take him to their station for interrogation
  -3- etc. etc.
- Before moralizing the Dutch for their behaviour 100's years ago let me remind you that the current US society is based on "all immigrants", imported slaves and mostly denying any rights to the original native inhabitants.
   (but because that happened 100's years ago I won't hold it against the people who live there now)

I personally don't like "whataboutism" but your post made me decide you didn't deserve any better response than this, since apparently "whataboutism" is all you understand.

I'm sorry that I called you Dutch if you're not.  But the point is you've been back a few days after a two-year leave and you're already back to insulting America and Americans, implying Southern Americans are racist who would want to go back to slavery.  Where's your decency?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3673 on: December 05, 2020, 09:38:55 am »

The election's over but it's still a bit dim to give Trump credit for what happened while Obama was president.

Let's turn this around - now the election's over is there anything you can think of that Trump did wrong?

First off a lot of what helped employment was caused by quantitative easing of the Fed.  Printing.  That occurred under Obama and worse even under Trump.  I think Trump who loves debt, should have pulled back the Fed and had Congress reduce spending. We have it again - in spades.  So there's my negative about Trump.

Having said that, Trump's policies for reducing regulation, allowing oil exploration and fracking (which the Democrats wanted to shut down), and tax legislation lowering corporate taxes, helped increase business and lower unemployment.  Trump deserves credit for that. 

faberryman

« Reply #3674 on: December 05, 2020, 09:41:06 am »

But the point is you've been back a few days after a two-year leave and you're already back to insulting America and Americans, implying Southern Americans are racist who would want to go back to slavery.  Where's your decency?

Another failure in reading comprehension, followed by a restatement strawman.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:46:23 am by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3675 on: December 05, 2020, 09:51:08 am »

... I'm sure that you are able to even find a way to spin the Ahmaud Arbery killing (not by the police) as another "left" crime.

There you go! Not by the police!

Now, go back how you characterized the event originally - 1. attributing it to the police 2. presenting it as if he was shot simply while jogging - which is not true - he was shot as he decided to engage in a fist fight with a guy with a gun - never a smart idea. He could have waited for police to arrive, and then press charges against the two for unlawful arrest.

As for the criminal Floyd... your initial characterization is false on several grounds: 1. the other three policemen, who you say were "happily" watching, are what you call "people of color" or minorities themselves 2.  they didn't intervene as their colleague was applying a standard police technique they learned in the police academy to subdue an unruly arrestee. 3. your assertion that what happened could have been prevented "if only the four just arrested him and took to the police station" is equally false - in reality, the reason he was under restraint was that, upon arrest and being cuffed, he refused to get into the police car, claiming claustrophobia, then became unruly. And that was not about racism - a white man died under almost identical circumstances about five years ago in Dallas. But of course, it is not a news when a white man dies, nor a reason to burn down cities. Both cases were unfortunate accidents, without premeditation. Stuff happens. And when stuff happens, even accidentally, those responsible will still stand trial.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3676 on: December 05, 2020, 10:02:09 am »

Just watch the unedited video of the George Floyd arrest and you'll know what I'm talking about. Your obnoxious yelling only confirms that you don't want to see or hear evidence in front of your eyes if it doesn't fit your agenda.

I'm sure that you are able to even find a way to spin the Ahmaud Arbery killing (not by the police) as another "left" crime.
It seems you have your own George Floyd incidents in Belgium too, Nazi salutes and laughing by police in addition to just beating up the guy.  Are you opposed to whataboutism when it describes police savagery in your country?

Outrage in Belgium after video reveals George Floyd-style police savagery
https://www.euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/outrage-in-belgium-after-video-reveals-george-floyd-style-police-savagery/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3677 on: December 05, 2020, 10:05:10 am »

Oh, the guy died in the hospital afterward.

faberryman

« Reply #3678 on: December 05, 2020, 10:18:21 am »

It seems you have your own George Floyd incidents in Belgium too, Nazi salutes and laughing by police in addition to just beating up the guy.  Are you opposed to whataboutism when it describes police savagery in your country?

Still doesn't understand what whataboutism is and why it is logical fallacy. And also failed to read, or comprehend, the article he linked to.

jeremyrh

« Reply #3679 on: December 05, 2020, 10:22:26 am »

- a white man died under almost identical circumstances about five years ago in Dallas. But of course, it is not a news when a white man dies, nor a reason to burn down cities. Both cases were unfortunate accidents, without premeditation. Stuff happens. And when stuff happens, even accidentally, those responsible will still stand trial.

Remind us what happened to those cops ( assume it’s the Tony Timpa case you’re referring to)
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 809   Go Up