Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 475554 times)

jeremyrh

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #1700 on: November 17, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »

North Dakota had the highest COVID-19 mortality rate of any other state or even any other country in the world last week. South Dakota ranked third worst in the world.
Both states also have the lowest rates of face mask use in the nation. However, gun owners in both states can legally carry a firearm while wearing a mask.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/dakotas-covid-19-global-mortality-rate_n_5fb30a6ac5b6a46646702d74?ri18n=true

I imagine it's the isolation that's killing them, not Covid.

chez

« Reply #1701 on: November 17, 2020, 05:39:34 pm »

However, gun owners in both states can legally carry a firearm while wearing a mask.

But can they go into a bank wearing a mask and carrying a gun?

faberryman

« Reply #1702 on: November 17, 2020, 06:54:01 pm »

Back at the circus, in federal court in Pennsylvania today Giuliani argued at least a part of the case, accusing "Democrats in control of big cities of hatching a nationwide conspiracy to steal the election." Somehow I doubt that claim was set forth in the pleadings or any evidence was offered to support it. The reporting is thin because reporters were not allowed in the courtroom due to COVID restrictions. Maybe we'll have something tomorrow.

https://www.mcall.com/news/elections/mc-nws-trump-campaign-lawsuit-pennsylvania-court-hearing-20201117-o4r2mksatjhfhmu4scnsx3e5oe-story.html

In another action, this one in front of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Trump's suit alleging his observers were not allow meaningful access to the vote counting was tossed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/pennsylvania-supreme-court-rejects-trump-campaign-claim-problems-ballot-observers-n1248046

In other news, apparently Giuliani and his cohorts have staged a coup at Trump campaign headquarters in Virginia.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/infighting-attempted-coup-trump-team-erupts-chaos-giuliani/story?id=74257079

It's only Tuesday. Plenty of time for more antics later this week.

I'll leave you with Trump's latest tweet:

“DEAD PEOPLE VOTED”

The U.S. must be the laughingstock of the world tonight.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:04:08 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1703 on: November 17, 2020, 07:18:41 pm »

Back at the other circus, the guy at DHS who said the last election was ”the most secure in history” was just fired by Trump. On Twitter no less.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1704 on: November 17, 2020, 07:21:04 pm »

I have gone back ten pages and haven't seen Andrew call you a liar. He did say that you posted "the untruth that "all prints are 300dpi"". What that means is you are wrong. Big difference between being called a liar and being called someone who is wrong. You frequently assert "untruths". That is why everyone asks you to back up your assertions with a link. Of course no one knows if you are expressing your opinion or asserting a fact. When someone asks you to substantiate your statements, you either tell them it is an opinion and it is impolite and an act of bad faith to ask for substantiation, or like today with me, you tell me it is a statement of facts and you are not going to provide any links. As a result of your behavior, no one believes anything you say. Let me repeat that: As a result of your behavior, no one believes anything you say. And no, I don't expect you to explain Kierkegaard's thoughts on Truth and truth. I don't think you know the slightest thing about Kierkegaard. But that's just my opinion based on your behavior today. All that waffling and deflecting.
You're playing word games like Andrew.  When someone says you're telling "untruths" post after post when you are giving your opinion and beliefs about things, they're calling you a liar. Give me a break. 

Regarding backing things up, there isn't anyone else here who gives as many links with their statements as I do.  You guys are all the same.  Whenever someone disagrees with your viewpoint, you want to shut them up.  What is it with people on the left?  They only believe in free speech when you agree with them.  It says a lot when you can't handle arguments from the other side.  Why am I surprised when I hear how people here think China's, Cuba's and Vietnam's lack of free speech is OK and people there love to live under a dictatorial regime.  What's scary is they'd like the same regime here. 

faberryman

« Reply #1705 on: November 17, 2020, 07:22:15 pm »

Back at the other circus, the guy at DHS who said the last election was ”the most secure in history” was just fired by Trump. On Twitter no less.

Here is the tweet:

"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud - including dead people voting, Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, “glitches” in the voting machines which changed votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more. Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."

Time for the 25th Amendment?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:31:32 pm by faberryman »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1706 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:02 pm »

But can they go into a bank wearing a mask and carrying a gun?

Only to Bank of America.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1707 on: November 17, 2020, 07:41:47 pm »

It's only Tuesday. Plenty of time for more antics later this week. I'll leave you with Trump's latest tweet:
“DEAD PEOPLE VOTED”

The U.S. must be the laughingstock of the world tonight.

Sorry to put the damper on. It's been so for a while now. Only 64 days now.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1708 on: November 17, 2020, 07:53:42 pm »

You're playing word games like Andrew.  When someone says you're telling "untruths" post after post when you are giving your opinion and beliefs about things, they're calling you a liar. Give me a break. 
I didn't call you a lair. You called another here a liar. Again, your inability to read and accept what you have written, much untrue, misunderstood, again only goes to show others your inability to be taken seriously.
Move on; you are deep in a hole of your own digging. Rule on holes; when deep inside one, stop digging.

faberryman

« Reply #1709 on: November 17, 2020, 08:00:33 pm »

Thanks to two Republicans being absent due to COVID, and two other Republicans voting with the Democrats, the Senate failed to confirm Judy Shelton, Trump's candidate to the Federal Reserve Board, by a vote of 50-47. She advocates that the U.S. return to the gold standard which is, to put it charitably, outside the mainstream of economic thought. She was an economic advisor to Trump in the 2016 campaign.

Senate Blocks President Trump's Controversial Nominee To The Federal Reserve Board

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/935934885/senate-blocks-president-trumps-controversial-nominee-to-the-federal-reserve-boar
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 08:17:03 pm by faberryman »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #1710 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:12 pm »

I'll leave you with Trump's latest tweet:
“DEAD PEOPLE VOTED”
probably the 15.000 victims of covid since nov 4... 
or he actually saw it happening...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1711 on: November 17, 2020, 08:20:58 pm »

Whelp, we finally have lost our minds in PA.  Now we are required to wear masks in our own houses, or at least when we have guests over.  The good news is, though, that apparently we are not allowed to have guests over either, so I am not sure how that effects the previously stated injunction.  It is marvelous to know our sublime leaders are giving ruminative consideration for the welfare of their peasants constituents. 

I seriously wonder what goes through the minds' of these people when they come up with this.  Are they going to have the sheriff go door to door checking up on people to see if they are following these edicts that cant possibly be enforced anyway due to the castle doctrine? 

Here's an idea, if you cant enforce it, then it should not be a law.  Doing so just makes yourselves look ridiculous and destroys your legitimacy by putting you in a position to not being able to enforce your own laws.  You become a joke rather quickly, especially when you have Americans, like me, who consider it our solemn duty to disobey stupid laws (especially when Biden parties are being completely unchecked). 

Everyone have a safe night, free of unnecessary mask coverings in your own house, sleep easy if you will ... unless you have forced hot air.  If you do, good luck and God speed, I know the hell that is. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1712 on: November 17, 2020, 08:30:30 pm »

Thanks to two Republicans being absent due to COVID, and two other Republicans voting with the Democrats, the Senate failed to confirm Judy Shelton, Trump's candidate to the Federal Reserve Board, by a vote of 50-47. She advocates that the U.S. return to the gold standard which is, to put it charitably, outside the mainstream of economic thought. She was an economic advisor to Trump in the 2016 campaign.

Senate Blocks President Trump's Controversial Nominee To The Federal Reserve Board

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/935934885/senate-blocks-president-trumps-controversial-nominee-to-the-federal-reserve-boar
Going back on to the gold standard might be the only thing to save the dollar.  It would stop the incessant printing that going to devalue the currency.   I suspect China might back up their Yuan with gold to see if they can get it as the reserve currency and push America off ours being it.  The rich would;t want it as the more printing the richer they get and the poorer the poor and middle class get. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1713 on: November 17, 2020, 08:35:38 pm »

Whelp, we finally have lost our minds in PA.  Now we are required to wear masks in our own houses, or at least when we have guests over.  The good news is, though, that apparently we are not allowed to have guests over either, so I am not sure how that effects the previously stated injunction.  It is marvelous to know our sublime leaders are giving ruminative consideration for the welfare of their peasants constituents. 

I seriously wonder what goes through the minds' of these people when they come up with this.  Are they going to have the sheriff go door to door checking up on people to see if they are following these edicts that cant possibly be enforced anyway due to the castle doctrine? 

Here's an idea, if you cant enforce it, then it should not be a law.  Doing so just makes yourselves look ridiculous and destroys your legitimacy by putting you in a position to not being able to enforce your own laws.  You become a joke rather quickly, especially when you have Americans, like me, who consider it our solemn duty to disobey stupid laws (especially when Biden parties are being completely unchecked). 

Everyone have a safe night, free of unnecessary mask coverings in your own house, sleep easy if you will ... unless you have forced hot air.  If you do, good luck and God speed, I know the hell that is. 
Never mind Biden, or Trump.  As I've been saying, it's the governors who are making the rules, problems, and mistakes.

California governor went to a party, violated own virus rules
https://news.yahoo.com/california-governor-went-party-violated-204247473.html

faberryman

« Reply #1714 on: November 17, 2020, 08:41:27 pm »

Pennsylvania or Philadelphia only?

chez

« Reply #1715 on: November 17, 2020, 08:46:25 pm »

Only to Bank of America.

Hey, lay off Bank of America. It's made me hundreds of thousands of dollars since I purchased it for around $5.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1716 on: November 17, 2020, 08:50:51 pm »

Pennsylvania or Philadelphia only?

Well, PA now requires mask wearing inside your house if you have people over.  Philadelphia though is not allowing anyone to have even just one person outside of their household over. 

Here's the thing though, it is completely non-enforceable, which means the governor and the mayor will just make themselves look like asses.  People on the right wont pay attention and people on the left will get mad that they cant enforce it. 

I'm still doing turkey day FYI. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 08:55:25 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1717 on: November 17, 2020, 08:58:06 pm »

Never mind Biden, or Trump.  As I've been saying, it's the governors who are making the rules, problems, and mistakes.

California governor went to a party, violated own virus rules
https://news.yahoo.com/california-governor-went-party-violated-204247473.html

That's nothing.  Half the legislature in CA also just got back from Hawaii for a conference. 

Amid COVID-19 travel warnings, California lawmakers fly to Hawaii

This is why people like me do not take these edict seriously, because those enforcing them do not either.  We do not have a class system in the country, and if you cant follow your own advice, dont expect me to listen either. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1718 on: November 17, 2020, 10:06:52 pm »

Here is the tweet:

"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud - including dead people voting, Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, “glitches” in the voting machines which changed votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more. Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."

Time for the 25th Amendment?

Being fired by that twit is a badge of honour, I'd say.

Please let's not have another post telling us that Trump values loyalty above all and that he demands the best and if you fail to meet the test he fires you. I just can't listen to that drivel anymore.  :)

--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1719 on: November 17, 2020, 10:34:28 pm »

Nice try. Yes, the certification dates have passed in 7 states, but no word about if certification took actually place in those 7 states yet.
No word, no lots more words on certification. And a major reversal tonight:
Michigan's largest county certifies election results after Republicans earlier blocked certification
Another lose for team Trump.😱
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 809   Go Up