Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 474701 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #1360 on: November 14, 2020, 12:25:42 pm »

One hint...they wear masks and respect other people around them.
You shouldn't have to hint, but with some here, hint or direct data makes zero difference in what they don't know:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-shocked/202005/why-was-mask-wearing-popular-in-asia-even-covid-19
Why Was Mask Wearing Popular In Asia Even Before Covid-19?
Find out which masks are most popular in Asia and why.

Like Trump, intellectual curiosity, reading, accepting facts, isn't some's strong suite. 
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #1361 on: November 14, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »

There is a Million MAGA March going on in D.C. Crowd size is reported to be in the thousands. Smaller crowds of anti-Trump protesters. Trump drove his motorcade through the crowds and waved, on his way out to his golf course in Virginia. I think that if I had incurred the time and expense of traveling to Washington D.C. to march in support of my candidate, I would feel let down if he was out golfing. Obviously, I have no idea what goes on in the mind of a Trump supporter. Maybe they are celebrating that he is out golfing.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #1362 on: November 14, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »

As i understand US Presidents that have to concede don't make important decisions anymore and make room for the next President.
Not Trump, Nor Pompeo. Trump already replaced the minister of defense Mark Esper with one of his Yeahsayers. Pompeo goes to Israel next week to be the first to visit Israelian settlements in Palestine territory.
So trump will not concede before that. Obviously they want to do still as much as they can before handing over power.
Will that be the future practice of conceding presidents?
Just as Trump used the whitehouse as a stage for his campaign.
The Republicans should be ashamed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:42:12 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

faberryman

« Reply #1363 on: November 14, 2020, 02:35:39 pm »

As i understand US Presidents that have to concede don't make important decisions anymore and make room for the next President.
Not Trump, Nor Pompeo. Trump already replaced the minister of defense Mark Esper with one of his Yeahsayers. Pompeo goes to Israel next week to be the first to visit Israelian settlements in Palestine territory.
So trump will not concede before that. Obviously they want to do still as much as they can before handing over power.

I think the president is president until the next one takes over. I think Trump is a one-off and whatever he does or doesn’t do will not set a precedent, except for what to avoid.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:06:25 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1364 on: November 14, 2020, 02:47:22 pm »

A Million MAGA March going on in D.C. Crowd size that is reported to be in the thousands. Perfect for those in the bubble. Remember the size of Trumps inauguration (and size of his hands?) 😜

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1365 on: November 14, 2020, 02:56:46 pm »

You understand incorrectly.  Presidents are in charge until January 21st when the new president is sworn in.  All organs of governments in the executive branch continue to report to him whether he conceded the election or not.   He remains in charge of foreign policy, the diplomatic corps, and domestic government agencies.  He's still chief executive of the US government and Commander-in chief of the Armed Forces. If the Dutch attack America before Jan 21st, 2021, Trump pushes the button, not Biden.  So watch what you say.  :)

Biden is not legally the president elect until the electoral college meets and congress affirms his "win" in December. Although usually if it seems he won, people call him that.  Even then, he has no official authority until Jan 21st when he is sworn in as president and the existing president's terms ends.  There's only one president at a time.  What happens is the leaving administration reviews with incoming members of the new administration the status of where the US government stands on certain issues, both important security as well as more mundane issues.  This is done to help the new administration continue with matters more seamlessly and make the transition smoother, sort of like handling off the baton in a relay race when both racers are running together.  I'm pretty sure that Trump will allow transition activities to commence as soon as he's convinced "it's over" or after early December when Congress affirms Biden as the newly elected president.  At that point, Trump's legal objections would end as there's nothing he can do after that.  Well, he could try to go to the courts again.  But they will deny him any hearing.   

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1366 on: November 14, 2020, 03:07:09 pm »

You understand incorrectly.  Presidents are in charge until January 21st when the new president is sworn in
Wow, you're really not paying attention any more are you:

When Will Joe Biden Be Sworn In?
A bipartisan congressional committee is planning an “outside, full-scale” inauguration ceremony on Jan. 20.
Inauguration Day occurs every four years on January 20 (or January 21 if January 20 falls on a Sunday) at the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, DC.
https://www.usa.gov/inauguration.
You again understand incorrectly.

faberryman

« Reply #1367 on: November 14, 2020, 03:15:05 pm »

You understand incorrectly.  Presidents are in charge until January 21st when the new president is sworn in...If the Dutch attack America before Jan 21st, 2021...  Even then, he has no official authority until Jan 21st when he is sworn in as president and the existing president's terms ends.  There's only one president at a time. 

You need to reprogram yourself. The inauguration is on January 20, 2021. Put a reminder on your phone so you remember to watch it on TV. If you don’t, you’ll end up watching an episode of Days of Our Lives or something. This is one of those occasions when facts actually matter. We have pointed this out to you before, but you seem to be in a state of denial. January 20, 2021.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:27:43 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #1368 on: November 14, 2020, 03:23:16 pm »

Remember the size of Trumps inauguration (and size of his hands?)

For those who may have missed it, here is Trump defending the size of his hands and other parts of his anatomy.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/donald-trump-small-hands-marco-rubio/index.html

“I guarantee there’s no problem. I guarantee.”

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1369 on: November 14, 2020, 03:23:42 pm »

Put a reminder on your phone so you remember to watch it on TV. If you don’t, you’ll end up watching an episode of Days of Our Lives or something.
Probably more like Fantasy Island.  ;D

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #1370 on: November 14, 2020, 04:08:19 pm »

For those who may have missed it, here is Trump defending the size of his hands and other parts of his anatomy.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/donald-trump-small-hands-marco-rubio/index.html

“I guarantee there’s no problem. I guarantee.”

Its not the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean...or the thickness of you wallet.
Craig Lamson Photo

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #1371 on: November 14, 2020, 04:31:06 pm »

Inauguration Day occurs every four years on January 20 (or January 21 if January 20 falls on a Sunday) at the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, DC.

Another quirky little US blast from the past.
Designed apparently to allow the new President to move his slaves across the country guarded by his muskets.
How much damage can you do in two months?

We have an election on Saturday and the new Prime Minister visits the Governor General and is sworn in and starts Monday. His cabinet may take a week or so.
I am not sure if he or she is technically PM on Sunday, but he would be too drunk anyway.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

faberryman

« Reply #1372 on: November 14, 2020, 04:37:23 pm »

Kayleigh "I will never lie to you" McEnany's latest tweet:

"More than one MILLION marchers for President @realDonaldTrump descend on the swamp in support."

She is having the U.S. Park Service photoshop the images as we speak.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 06:09:37 pm by faberryman »

John Camp

« Reply #1373 on: November 14, 2020, 05:34:55 pm »

I've been sitting on the couch editing a manuscript, with the TV running in the foreground, and I gotta say, the talking heads (liberal) seem to be whipping up their viewers to believe that Trump is going to do something disastrous before Jan. 20. Hard to tell if they're really worried, or it's just bullshit, or it's an effort to keep the intensity high before the Georgia Senate elections. I lean toward bullshit, although I do worry (a little) about Trump vs. Iran. However, the 2003 Iraq invasion took about six months to organize, and Iran is far more formidable than Iraq ever was, so I don't actually see that happening. Despite all the pissing and moaning, I suspect little will happen until the Secret Service loads Trump onto a dolly and wheels him out of the White House. I hope.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 06:48:09 pm by John Camp »

faberryman

« Reply #1374 on: November 14, 2020, 05:46:19 pm »

I've been sitting on the couch editing a manuscript, with the TV running in the foreground, and I gotta say, the talking heads (liberal) seem to be whipping up their viewers to believe that Trump is going to do something disastrous before Jan. 20. Hard to tell if they're really worried, or it's just bullshit, or it's an effort to keep the intensity high before the George Senate elections. I lean toward bullshit, although I do worry (a little) about Trump vs. Iran. However, the 2003 Iraq invasion took about six months to organize, and Iran is far more formidable than Iraq ever was, so I don't actually see that happening. Despite all the pissing and moaning, I suspect little will happen until the Secret Service loads Trump onto a dolly and wheels him out of the White House. I hope.

Sounds like CNN to me. They tend to go overboard. Wolf Blitzer is the worst. That and everything is Breaking News even if it is from yesterday. They are just riding the he won't concede wave. CNN can keep the narrative going as long as Trump can.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1375 on: November 14, 2020, 07:24:29 pm »

Another quirky little US blast from the past.
Designed apparently to allow the new President to move his slaves across the country guarded by his muskets.
How much damage can you do in two months?

We have an election on Saturday and the new Prime Minister visits the Governor General and is sworn in and starts Monday. His cabinet may take a week or so.
I am not sure if he or she is technically PM on Sunday, but he would be too drunk anyway.

Two and half months waiting for the new government is indeed wasted and unproductive time.
In Canada, the transition time takes anywhere between 10 and 16 days.

Until the prime minister-designate and the new government are sworn in, the old government remains in charge, but is operating in "caretaker mode."

Former Canadian ambassador to the U.S. Derek Burney says that, "No major decisions will be taken without consultation with the incoming government," he told CTV’s Canada AM. "If there is an emergency, obviously that's the way matters will proceed. But by and large, we're in caretaker mode for the next two weeks."

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1376 on: November 14, 2020, 07:28:33 pm »

Could be due to the Asians consuming 70% more fiber than Americans. Another thing is that Asians traditionally eat at round tables, particularly family meals, as it's convenient to share dishes with others, especially with a lazy Suzy. Westerners eat at square tables, which is more convenient for individual meals, with long tables for bigger groups.

Asians mostly don’t eat at round tables. That’s limited to certain categories of Chinese restaurants/some parts of China. ;)

There are many theories as to why Asia is doing better:
- less physical contacts in inter personal relationships (no hand shaking, kissing,...)
- widespread usage of mask and alcohol to desinfect hands (most important it seems)
- self imposed confinement as part of a higher degree of understanding of the realisties of human society (starting with individuals having to behave as being part of a group instead of daydreaming that they are isolated beings)
- genetical differences
- usage of anti-virals (including the hydrochloriquine) early in treatment

But let’s not let this depart from the key topic these days, the massive electoral fraud because of which Republicans are in the process of stealing the Senate majority, shall we?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:40:02 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1377 on: November 14, 2020, 08:50:37 pm »

Wow, you're really not paying attention any more are you:

When Will Joe Biden Be Sworn In?
A bipartisan congressional committee is planning an “outside, full-scale” inauguration ceremony on Jan. 20.
https://www.usa.gov/inauguration.
You again understand incorrectly.
Petty and insulting.  You're very classy.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1378 on: November 14, 2020, 08:51:18 pm »

You need to reprogram yourself. The inauguration is on January 20, 2021. Put a reminder on your phone so you remember to watch it on TV. If you don’t, you’ll end up watching an episode of Days of Our Lives or something. This is one of those occasions when facts actually matter. We have pointed this out to you before, but you seem to be in a state of denial. January 20, 2021.
You too.  Petty and insulting.  You're as classy as Andrew.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1379 on: November 14, 2020, 09:00:02 pm »

Two and half months waiting for the new government is indeed wasted and unproductive time.
In Canada, the transition time takes anywhere between 10 and 16 days.

It's not wasted and unproductive time.  It takes awhile to figure out all the people you want to pardon. 
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 809   Go Up