Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearing a stubborn clog on P20000 head  (Read 2961 times)

Lessbones

Re: Clearing a stubborn clog on P20000 head
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2020, 11:43:50 am »

On a slight tangent, I thought I'd share what I found to be the most powerful surfactant that was easily available and seemed appropriate for my purposes....

Wow!  If you could start a separate topic on this, I'd love to hear more about this as well as your experiments with your own inks.  I've been wanting to better understand what goes into the process of creating inkjet inks and more specifics on particle size, viscosity, etc. that dictate how successful one will be in a piezoelectric head.  This also combined with the differences of nozzle firing frequencies in creating dot sizes...  there is very little of this information out there and accessible...

narikin

Re: Clearing a stubborn clog on P20000 head
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:14 pm »

Success! The clog is cleared and I now have a perfect nozzle check pattern!

I used one of the specialty brands of inkjet cleaner (AIS, it simply was the first to arrive) with some foam stick wipes on the 'blade' head for LC.
Two goes with cleaning fluid, plus cleaning the wiper and cap station, and it was done.

What helped a lot is the newer generation printers have a 'Head Maintenance' option, that shifts the head way over to the left, where there's an easily removable panel (2 thumbscrews) so you can get direct access underneath to clean etc. I was wary of even touching it with a soft swab, but no problems.

No idea why Epson don't suggest this as part of their support, when regular cleans don't work.

Thanks all for your help.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up