Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Terminal no monthly minimum  (Read 1391 times)

kevs

Online Terminal no monthly minimum
« on: November 04, 2020, 04:50:43 pm »

I have Citi First Data Payezee. They just added a monthly minimum.

Anyone know good online credit card terminal with no monthly minimum, and good service, normal fee, ie, 3% per transaction thanks.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Online Terminal no monthly minimum
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 09:30:50 pm »

I just use PayPal Here. No monthly fees, reasonable transaction fees and send and receive money from anywhere.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

kevs

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:20:54 pm »

Thanks Bob excellent.  I started using as well,  only thing, you opinion.. well, did you ever take cards with terminal? And you get deposits?

Worry is that sometimes a potential client, I'm talking individual consumer, not company, you get  card for deposit, then it's more done deal, whereas, if say, send me deposit paypal later... they can hem/ haw, overthink and lose the deal.

I suppose I could ask to do that live on that phone call, but bit more awkward than just getting a card number live, and ringing out later on...

Nothing for this scenario so far has topped getting a card number off the bat...

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 08:47:40 pm »

Thanks Bob excellent.  I started using as well,  only thing, you opinion.. well, did you ever take cards with terminal? And you get deposits?

Worry is that sometimes a potential client, I'm talking individual consumer, not company, you get  card for deposit, then it's more done deal, whereas, if say, send me deposit paypal later... they can hem/ haw, overthink and lose the deal.

I suppose I could ask to do that live on that phone call, but bit more awkward than just getting a card number live, and ringing out later on...

Nothing for this scenario so far has topped getting a card number off the bat...
You can either use the separate tap and go card reader (about $50 once off) or just enter the card details, or even take cash.
I usually use an iPad if set up at an exhibition or you can use a phone.
You can email them a receipt at the time.
For deposits I usually take the deposit and get their details to send an invoice for the rest later on.
If you have a PayPal account then you can just download the PayPal Here app and have a play with it. Buy a widget off yourself for $1 and see what happens. You can refund it afterwards.

kevs

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 06:02:11 pm »

Thanks Bob, well Paypal will want 3% in long run right? Can't just put everyone is friends, though maybe can?

But paypal, you are talking paypal still, one can type in visa and mastercards all cards?  Not just a paypal system old fashion, no cards, send money?

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 08:13:24 pm »

Thanks Bob, well Paypal will want 3% in long run right? Can't just put everyone is friends, though maybe can?

But paypal, you are talking paypal still, one can type in visa and mastercards all cards?  Not just a paypal system old fashion, no cards, send money?

I think that you need to go to the PayPal website and check the pricing yourself.
In Australia transactions on the card reader are 1.95%
As far as I know in the years that I have used it it supports Visa, Mastercard and American Express
If you are running a business you never ask people to pay as friends. You lose the seller protection also. You can add a surcharge if you wish of whatever percentage you choose. I don't.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 11:07:29 am »

I use PalPal for my few cc transactions which include all three card flavors. Pretty sure it's under 3% but the few I do run, it's simply part of the overhead CDB. I usually type the numbers which they usually charge a fraction of a percent more than using a dongle or terminal.

It works with my on-line sales and with in-person and works well unless I mistype a number.

I can't think of any problems I've had in many years of using PayPal other than an occasional hold with a few eBay sales a few years back. It's all pay as you need it.

I also use a PayPal debit card rather than to transfer money between accounts which for some institutes can take hours and days between banks. Yesterday which I checked my PayPal account I found a double charge for a small purchase on Amazon, found the dispute page and sent in a copy of the invoice along with selecting the two purchases in my account. PayPal fixed the issue in less than 20 minutes which seemed like a miracle since it seems that most of the cyber companies suffer from customer non-service issues.

Another alternative to PayPal is Square which may also be worth taking a look. I considered them before PayPal but since PP dovetailed into eBay, it just seemed an easier choice.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

kevs

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 11:29:19 am »

Good points Bob, I used to ask them to pay the 3%, then decided to absorb it... Hard decision as most are happy to pay , no qualms. Why don't you ask for the fee?

Do you know if Paypal has online Gateway portal, and is monthly fee for that or minimum? You probably don't know. Is there link/ customer support? If don't know ok.

Langler thanks, same question to you: Paypal, customer service?  This is important, sometimes, have crisis and need to call. NOrmal places have 24/ 7 terminal service.   And montly fee, monthly minimum. Anyway I can call there ask questions about this?   So you just bought a little paypal terminal but no gateway online, just type in terminal...  I've kind of grown to prefer online, once type in, don't have to type in again...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 11:33:03 am by kevs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up