Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON 2880 Purple Color Cast  (Read 259 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
EPSON 2880 Purple Color Cast
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:29:01 pm »

Hello,

I am printing from LR on my Epson 2880 printer and I am getting a purple color cast that was never there before. LR is managing colors. Checked that I have the right paper profile, that color management is turned off in the printer driver, nozzles are fine and all ink tanks are at least half full. I have not used the printer for many months. My monitor has been recently profiled.

I read somewhere that the Print Preview should be turned off because LR effectively turns off Color Management when it is enabled. This is news to me and I almost always have it on. Has anybody come across this before?

R

pflower

Re: EPSON 2880 Purple Color Cast
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:17 am »

Even though the nozzle check shows no broken lines, it might be worthwhile printing a purge file to make sure that all colours are printing properly and evenly.  There are lots around - Marrutt for example has one for the 2880 - https://www.marruttusa.com/printer/support/epson-stylus-photo-r2880-help.php

I am not sure where you are getting the Print Preview option.  But in the Lightroom Print module make sure you have chosen the correct paper profile and then in the Epson driver make sure Color Management is turned off.  This could be double profiling that is causing your problem.

Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up