Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q on Canon 135mm TS + Phase One IQ3100 + tech camera.  (Read 489 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Q on Canon 135mm TS + Phase One IQ3100 + tech camera.
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:05:32 am »

Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone has used a canon 135mm TS lens on a IQ300 or IQ150 with a technical camera. Would be interesting to know if the lens can handle the larger sensor in terms of image circle and sharpness, distortion etc. I quickly tested it on a Hcam adaptor on a Sony A7r in my local camera dealer today and could get about 23mm of shift. A bit more on rise. Feel adaptor itself was partially responsible for vignette as vignette worsened slightly as I went from 22 down to 20. If I’m not mistaken, worst case scenario is I would get 6 or 7 mm shift on the IQ back. I shoot fine art stuff with the Phase One and an Arca Swiss IQ3100. Could be an interesting combination with this lens and camera. It is supposed to be a fine lens with minimal softening with shift and it costs a lot less then the Rodie 138mm. Of course I doubt if it would match the quality! It is focal length that would interest me but would not get enough use to warrant the huge outlay for a 138mm Rodenstock. The fact it has a max aperture of f4 would also aid focusing. I’m getting blinder by the day! Interested to hear any feedback.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Q on Canon 135mm TS + Phase One IQ3100 + tech camera.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 05:48:56 pm »

Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone has used a canon 135mm TS lens on a IQ300 or IQ150 with a technical camera. Would be interesting to know if the lens can handle the larger sensor in terms of image circle and sharpness, distortion etc. I quickly tested it on a Hcam adaptor on a Sony A7r in my local camera dealer today and could get about 23mm of shift. A bit more on rise. Feel adaptor itself was partially responsible for vignette as vignette worsened slightly as I went from 22 down to 20. If I’m not mistaken, worst case scenario is I would get 6 or 7 mm shift on the IQ back. I shoot fine art stuff with the Phase One and an Arca Swiss IQ3100. Could be an interesting combination with this lens and camera. It is supposed to be a fine lens with minimal softening with shift and it costs a lot less then the Rodie 138mm. Of course I doubt if it would match the quality! It is focal length that would interest me but would not get enough use to warrant the huge outlay for a 138mm Rodenstock. The fact it has a max aperture of f4 would also aid focusing. I’m getting blinder by the day! Interested to hear any feedback.

Hi Enda, it should cover. I don't have a 135mm TSE available, but the 24mm TSE does cover with very little if any vignette. Shift will be very limited, however. Perhaps you can get away with 3mm - 6mm, you'll need to lighten the corners.

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up