Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad Pro vs iPad Air and X1D + A7Riii and Lightroom  (Read 354 times)

pflower

iPad Pro vs iPad Air and X1D + A7Riii and Lightroom
« on: July 12, 2020, 05:39:02 pm »

I am thinking of going down the iPad route on my travels with the X1D and A7RIII.  I have to say that I am still not entirely sure how, technically, this would work - but since others clearly make this work I suspect that I can too.  What I want to do is download photos from a shoot onto the iPad ( I assume a card reader is required), edit or at least sort RAW files in LR Mobile on the iPad and then get them back onto my main computer and into LR Classic.

As I say the precise technical steps needed to do this are not clear to me but I assume feasible.  The question really is do I need an iPad Pro for this or would the iPad Air suffice?

Any experiences from anyone?

Thanks

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: iPad Pro vs iPad Air and X1D + A7Riii and Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:50:05 pm »

For what it is worth i bought a 13" MacBook Air. It was the previous years model so it comes with an SD card slot, 2 x USB sockets and a Thunderbolt 2.
I can run the full version of Phocus and Photoshop and everything else and it isn't really larger, heavier or more expensive than an iPad. I just need two spare 1TB portable drives for data and backup in the checked luggage. When I get home I just plug the data drive into the main computer and I am almost done.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up