Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Tomiyama Art Panorama 240 6x24 and 6x17 Camera  (Read 850 times)

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
FS: Tomiyama Art Panorama 240 6x24 and 6x17 Camera
« on: June 25, 2020, 07:37:59 am »

For sale is a rather rare and unique Tomiyama Art Panorama 240 Camera that uses 120 film to make 6x24 and 6x17 images. It is in excellent operating condition, with a few minor scuffs and marks of usage. The camera uses bellows for focusing, and the distance scale around the focusing knob helps to estimate distance. The viewfinder is used for composition. It shows a reflection of the bubble level, so that the camera can be leveled easily. The included groundglass focusing screen is used for critical focusing. This screen is to be used before loading the film into the camera. Film is wound manually using the red window on the back.

6x17 images need simple metal masks on either side of the film gate. These are not included, you'll have to make your own. It is also possible to make smaller 6x12 or any other format images by using appropriate sized masks.

The camera comes with a Nikkor-SW 120mm f/8 lens in excellent condition. The glass is clear and the Copal 0 shutter is working properly.

While the camera is optimized for the 120mm lens, it is possible to use other lenses. The collars around the focusing rods can be replaced or removed to allow the bellows to compress for wider lenses. Top-hat boards can be used for longer lenses. Standard Technika type lens boards need slight modification to accommodate the central screw.

As you can see in the photos, the lenses are mounted on cones fitted to Technika type lens boards. The boards are modified slightly by cutting out a semi-cicle in the center to accommodate the screw. This can be done by hand.
Removing the collars on the shafts (5th photo) will let the bellows collapse to ~65mm, so a 65mm lens on a flat board can be used. A top hat extension board will let you use longer lenses, perhaps up to a 400mm telephoto, depending on the length of the extension.

A 65mm lens won't cover the 6x24 format. But you can make masks out of a piece of aluminum for any format you want - from 6x4.5 up. Format changing must be done before loading the film, or in a dark room, avoiding scratching the film when doing so.

Photos:

Price: 171,000 JPY / ~1,600 USD, including worldwide shipping via JapanPost EMS (if available to your country) or courier. Payment is in Japanese Yen, payable via Paypal invoice or bank transfer through TransferWise.

If you are buying from me for the first time, please give me your full name, Paypal email, verified street address and phone number and I will send you an invoice. If you would like to use TransferWise, please give me this information, and I will send you an invoice and instructions for making the transfer.

Thanks for looking,
Kumar

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Re: FS: Tomiyama Art Panorama 240 6x24 and 6x17 Camera
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:03 pm »

SOLD!

Thanks,
Kumar
Pages: [1]   Go Up