Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110839 times)

faberryman

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3540 on: October 29, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »

I just called Walmart and they told me I couldn't by the Junior Sniper model anyway. I'm an adult and those are only for kids who want to be snipers.

I thought you said your wife wouldn't let you have a gun. Were you going to sneak it into the house? I've heard some guys do that with cameras.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3541 on: October 29, 2020, 07:17:36 pm »

I am not sufficiently enmeshed in the granular detail of the Hunter Biden story to know what effect this article may have, if any, but I thought it was an interesting read.  At least it appeared in the main stream media.

How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

So I’m trying to understand.  The MSM (this is from ABC) won’t cover the Hunter Biden laptop story because they say it is unverified, but they have no problem with this speculation?  What an amazing turn of events and timing.  In any case I dont follow Q, but I read a lot of stuff.  First time I’ve heard of this. 
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #3542 on: October 29, 2020, 07:31:04 pm »

There were a bunch of articles earlier in the month that said Pompeo was going to release some more of Hillary's emails before the election, but the story seems to have gone quiet. Anyone know anything?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:27:52 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #3543 on: October 29, 2020, 08:27:41 pm »

There were a bunch of articles earlier in the month that Pompeo was going to release some more of Hillary's emails before the election, but the story seems to have gone quiet. Anyone know anything?

I remember seeing that but no, nothing.
Craig Lamson Photo

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3544 on: October 29, 2020, 09:24:40 pm »

After this just over one-minute clip from last night's US Senate debate in Georgia went viral, Republican Senator Perdue announced he was withdrawing from the scheduled final debate. For those that haven't encountered one while driving, this is what a deer in the headlights looks like.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/Georgia Senate Debate Clip

Oh geez, that was funny. THANK you.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3545 on: October 29, 2020, 09:26:38 pm »

It kind of looked like he was about to cry.

Dust in his eye, it was windy.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3546 on: October 29, 2020, 09:38:07 pm »

I am not sufficiently enmeshed in the granular detail of the Hunter Biden story to know what effect this article may have, if any, but I thought it was an interesting read.  At least it appeared in the main stream media.

How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

You might be interested in a recent Sam Harris podcast, https://samharris.org/podcasts/220-information-apocalypse/. The interview is all about "deep fake", the explosion of fake internet identities and stories. The Russians were early adopters and are good at it, but it's spreading now to other countries. The discussion raised the spectre of deep fake audio and video that is getting better and better all the time. The tech is becoming cheap enough that it will be difficult soon for even someone experienced to determine whether a video is real based only on its fidelity. It's not just that Hollywood can avoid paying actors. The interviewee, an expert in the field (am I allowed to say expert on here?) gives some examples of fakes from the past and how they were unmasked. There are companies that do this, unmasking fake internet content for profit is a thing now. The article that you linked to sounds like the result of precisely that kind of investigation.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3547 on: October 29, 2020, 10:01:43 pm »

Sounds like they were in a hurry and made an error in judgment about whether or not to make copies. I would be interested to know if they are going to make copies of the documents available to the general public, and if so when.

I think they're delaying releasing the documents because they don't want to unduly influence the election, it wouldn't be fair.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3548 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:42 pm »

You still can buy at Walmart professional grade slingshots with 1/4" metal balls. Used judiciously, they could inflict serious damage to an attacker.

What am I?  David.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3549 on: October 29, 2020, 10:15:52 pm »

I thought you said your wife wouldn't let you have a gun. Were you going to sneak it into the house? I've heard some guys do that with cameras.
Well, that's the real reason I didn't get the gun.  I was embarrassed to tell the truth that I'm more afraid of her than any rioter.   :-[

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3550 on: October 29, 2020, 11:46:18 pm »

All the guns and ammo on a pink towel? Was it photographed in California?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:23:47 am by LesPalenik »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3551 on: October 30, 2020, 04:54:04 am »

You should consider using your imagination a lot less and asking exponentially more questions!

Although widely misused, the word "exponentially" does not mean "a lot".

Jeremy

TechTalk

« Reply #3552 on: October 30, 2020, 06:42:20 am »

Although widely misused, the word "exponentially" does not mean "a lot".

Jeremy

I know. I used it the way that I intended. Exponentially as in "rapidly increasing in growth". Characterized by or being an extremely rapid increase (as in size or extent).

Is my vocabulary and proper word usage what you'd really like to discuss?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:06:55 am by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3553 on: October 30, 2020, 07:04:58 am »

I know. I used it the way that I intended. Exponentially as in "rapidly increasing in growth".

Is my vocabulary and proper word usage what you'd really like to discuss?

The proper word here is "diction," which is what your personal choice of words to use are.  Vocabulary is used to define the set of words in a particular language, not personal choice.   ;)
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #3554 on: October 30, 2020, 08:19:09 am »

I think they're delaying releasing the documents because they don't want to unduly influence the election, it wouldn't be fair.

Sure, that’s Fox News' motto, Fair and Balanced. I don’t know anybody else’s motto, or even if anyone else has one. Maybe NYT’s is All the News That’s Fit to Print, which doesn’t seem all that aspirational, but I could be mistaken.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:58:15 am by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #3555 on: October 30, 2020, 08:25:06 am »

Sometimes people use the proper words and still don’t say anything meaningful.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #3556 on: October 30, 2020, 08:27:37 am »

All the guns and ammo on a pink towel? Was it photographed in California?

Well more like a very well washed orange towel. 
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #3557 on: October 30, 2020, 09:09:24 am »

Well more like a very well washed orange towel.

In a photographically related comment, perhaps everyone needs to calibrate their monitor. A lot of normal people don't calibrate their monitor, and don't have any idea what color stuff is. So it is a good idea to calibrate your monitor. Some photographers calibrate their monitor so often they don't have any time left to take photographs though. Those individuals also tend to wear out their calibration puck, and engage in 400 page threads about which is the best replacement. You can learn a lot of stuff on camera forums, some of it useful, but rarely does it make you a better photographer, though sometimes it does.

Sometimes I go to camera forums to find out the dynamic range of the latest sensor. For some reason, I think having the camera with the sensor with the highest dynamic range will make me a better photographer. Then I look at my photographs and think probably not. Sometimes you are just headed down the wrong road and will never arrive at your destination.  The reason I found LuLa is because I was thinking about getting a Phase One. So I spent a lot of time reading about it. Eventually, I realized I didn't have $50,000 for a camera, and even if I did, I wouldn't spend it on a camera. That's when I found the LuLa Coffee Corner.  I don't think I have thought about getting a Phase One for months, so now I am not wasting a lot of time being here.

Speaking of calibration pucks, do you know what makes me smile? Thinking about the guys who shoot on large format film so they can post their photographs on Flickr. That just slays me.

Jeremy says he is going to shut down political discussions here on Tuesday. I think that will help me be a better photographer because then I will have more time to take photographs. Then he said something about leaving one thread open so the addicts don't have to go cold turkey. I am not sure that is such a good idea. Sometimes it is best to go cold turkey. If Trump wins, I am going to go cold turkey by cancelling my cable TV and moving to a cabin in the woods.  Then I will have a lot of time to take photographs. So maybe I should hope Trump wins. It would probably make me a better photographer. That is the kind of insight you just can't get anywhere other than a camera forum.

If someone would like to point out where I didn't use the proper words in places in this post, please let me know. I am always open to improving my vocabulary. Or is it diction? Now I have to go look that up in the dictionary. Kind of wants to make you throw your hands in the air and run around in circles screaming, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:56:58 pm by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3558 on: October 30, 2020, 09:11:17 am »

Sure, that’s Fox News motto, Fair and Balanced. I don’t know anybody else’s motto, or even if anyone else has one. Maybe NYT’s is All the news that’s fit to print, which doesn’t seem all that aspirational, but I could be mistaken.

I think a lot of this stuff only makes sense if you view FOX as an entertainment network rather than a news and public affairs network. Tucker may be entertaining and attract eyeballs to FOX's ads, but it's hard to imagine a serious news and public affairs outlet allowing the recent silliness to be broadcast. I mean, why does he still have a job? It's only because it's just another TV show, like Bachelorette or Dancing with the Stars (I think those are real shows, I have never watched either one). A lot of people think it's political analysis because he wears a suit and sits at a desk, but it's just bar talk. But that's where we are now.

Seems to me that if the documents from that hard drive were as damning as some people choose to believe, there would have been 10,000 copies leaked to anyone who can breath by now. What's the hold-up, are they holding onto them for the 2024 election?
--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #3559 on: October 30, 2020, 09:42:21 am »

I think a lot of this stuff only makes sense if you view FOX as an entertainment network rather than a news and public affairs network. Tucker may be entertaining and attract eyeballs to FOX's ads, but it's hard to imagine a serious news and public affairs outlet allowing the recent silliness to be broadcast. I mean, why does he still have a job? It's only because it's just another TV show, like Bachelorette or Dancing with the Stars (I think those are real shows, I have never watched either one). A lot of people think it's political analysis because he wears a suit and sits at a desk, but it's just bar talk. But that's where we are now.

Seems to me that if the documents from that hard drive were as damning as some people choose to believe, there would have been 10,000 copies leaked to anyone who can breath by now. What's the hold-up, are they holding onto them for the 2024 election?

There a plenty of people with the contents of the hard drive and they are reporting about it.  7 million people saw Bobulinski on Tucker the other night and did you read or hear anything about it in the MSM?  They just can't let the great unwashed see behind the curtain it seems. 

A few data points:

Computer shop owners lawyer's statement[/u]
https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/lawyer-delaware-shop-owner-fbi-initially-turned-down

DOJ official confirms FBI 2019 criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, still active
https://local21news.com/news/nation-world/tony-bobulinksi-i-have-now-put-myself-in-huge-risk-for-the-sake-of-the-american-people

And I'll save the best for last...

EXCLUSIVE: NY Post’s ‘Smoking Gun’ Hunter Biden Email 100% Authentic, Forensic Analysis

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/29/cybersecurity-expert-authenticates-hunter-biden-burisma-email/
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194   Go Up