Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with HP Z3200  (Read 539 times)

mfullana

• Michael Fullana
Help with HP Z3200
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:07:04 pm »

The printer has been working great. I love the output I get from it and really do not want to replace it. Recently it stopped printing light grey. I replaced the print head thinking it would remedy the problem, but even with a new print head I get not light grey. When I print a diagnostic page, the light grey block is completely missing. Lost as to where to go from here.
Michael Fullana
www.michaelfullana.com

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Help with HP Z3200
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:33:24 am »

The printer has been working great. I love the output I get from it and really do not want to replace it. Recently it stopped printing light grey. I replaced the print head thinking it would remedy the problem, but even with a new print head I get not light grey. When I print a diagnostic page, the light grey block is completely missing. Lost as to where to go from here.

Several possibilities assuming both LG heads are not dead. 

Do you hear a repeating pumping sound in the printer?  Could be an LG cartridge that does not deliver due to a blockage in the cartridge itself or in the ink channel (less likely). Cart weight should be between 180 and 50 grams, the last when empty.  It might be possible that the droplet counting and the feedback to the cart chip has not been correct. Never experienced that though.

Cleaned the head contacts + the head carriage contacts for the LG head? This should normally trigger an error signal though.

Print a very light grey area. If there is no pumping done then one of the wires in the flat cable could be broken or the head carriage board has a problem. I would expect an error signal for the board though, happened to me at least and replaced it. Of a Canon iPF8300 printer I know that when the flat cable is weared off at its underside then the LM channel does not print. With my Z3200-PS there was never a problem like that but that cable is resting and moving on the wide side of its cross cut.  There is a problem that over time the Zxxxx flatcables do not move gracefully but vibrate, get kinks and even go sideways. I found a remedy for that but can imagine wires getting broken when not solved.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mfullana

• Michael Fullana
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:02:29 am »

Ernst,
thank  you, I had just replaced the ink tank so the ink tank is full. I don't hear the pumping sound, I am at a total loss as to what it could be. I'm trying to contact a local tech and see if he can come out and fix this thing. I really do not want to fork out 5K for new printer.
thanks,
Michael
Michael Fullana
www.michaelfullana.com

mfullana

• Michael Fullana
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »

I took out the print head, cleaned the contacts and it started working great. After a bit it does the same thing, no light grey. Repeated the step above and it works for a bit then stops working.
Michael Fullana
www.michaelfullana.com

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 09:13:10 am »

I guess you already checked the printhead status of LGR in the ink menu?
no problems detected there?

- then you could do a diagnostic service test for the ink dellivery system - if you have a service manual.
in my manual it is test 7 page 93 (or 4-39)

it seems something with the contacts...

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mfullana

• Michael Fullana
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 11:56:07 am »

Thanks for all the help, I ended up selling it as no matter what I did it would not print the LG channel. I have a lot of print orders at the moment and I went ahead and ordered a Canon Pro-4000 from B&H. At the moment it is priced at $2999 with free shipping and it comes with the 330 ink tanks. Could not pass up on it as I have used the Pro 4000 in the past and loved the output.
Michael Fullana
www.michaelfullana.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up