Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 44" printer shipping  (Read 567 times)

felix5616

HP Z3200 44" printer shipping
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:02:48 am »

Can anyone tell me whether or not i should remove the print heads and ink cartridges from a Z3200 printer if I am going to ship cross country via freight carrier?

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: HP Z3200 44" printer shipping
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:34:42 am »

never done that, but i would leave everything in place ( so the tube/inksystem stays sealed) and tape the carriage to the parking spot where it is.
It is the only part that could start moving.
but maybe others on the forum have real expertise in this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:08:02 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

sportmaster

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 07:46:09 am »

Label shipping box to keep top of printer pointed up so ink won't run out of maintenance tanks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:16:35 am by sportmaster »

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 08:11:48 am »

Good idea indeed!
and tape the cover flaps; you could take off the stands - that is how it came, but yes keep it upright.
it weight 85 KG so you need two persons to carry it.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

hogloff

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:06:02 am »

I had a Z3100 shipped from Boston the British Columbia. Printer was taken off stand and strapped to a pallet. Heads and ink was left in place. Moving pieces were all taped down. Put it together and printing was fine.

Lewando_Images

• Lewando Images Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 07:33:20 pm »

I move mine two times a year for many years. Only about 600 miles but still I prep it for travel pretty much the way I received it when I purchased it. I saved the orange plastic stop that hold the print head in place and install it the way it was originally. Hopefully you saved it......I also took a picture of it installed to help me re-install it. ( I can send you that picture if you need it to refresh your memory how it fits in place). I then tape all the lids so they can't open and break.....ink lids, main lid, lift arm.....I also saved the foam ends it came shipped with.....Absolutely remove the stand and strap it down to something. I put on the foam ends and strap it down in my van. If it's going to be shipped I would strap it to a pallet so it can't be put on end or less likely to be bounced around. I have had mine at a 45 degree angle many times without ink leakage, but only for a moment moving it up steps. I think it's fine to leave the heads and ink cartridges in place.......never had a problem with mine.
    If you have any other questions let me know.
Peter LeWando

deanwork

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 12:46:46 pm »

I would remove the inks and put them in plastic bags. Tape the head compartment down so it doesn’t slide back and forth.

I had my printer turned off for six months. The Hp tech told me the lines are totally sealed on both sides when the printer is off and ink in the lines will not dry out and clog the printer. I removed the heads when I moved mine but it isn’t really necessary.

I move mine two times a year for many years. Only about 600 miles but still I prep it for travel pretty much the way I received it when I purchased it. I saved the orange plastic stop that hold the print head in place and install it the way it was originally. Hopefully you saved it......I also took a picture of it installed to help me re-install it. ( I can send you that picture if you need it to refresh your memory how it fits in place). I then tape all the lids so they can't open and break.....ink lids, main lid, lift arm.....I also saved the foam ends it came shipped with.....Absolutely remove the stand and strap it down to something. I put on the foam ends and strap it down in my van. If it's going to be shipped I would strap it to a pallet so it can't be put on end or less likely to be bounced around. I have had mine at a 45 degree angle many times without ink leakage, but only for a moment moving it up steps. I think it's fine to leave the heads and ink cartridges in place.......never had a problem with mine.
    If you have any other questions let me know.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 01:19:20 pm »

I would remove the inks and put them in plastic bags. Tape the head compartment down so it doesn’t slide back and forth.

I had my printer turned off for six months. The Hp tech told me the lines are totally sealed on both sides when the printer is off and ink in the lines will not dry out and clog the printer. I removed the heads when I moved mine but it isn’t really necessary.

But if you remove the heads and/or the inks; the inktubes are not sealed anymore- or am i mistaken?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

deanwork

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 06:59:25 pm »

According to my HP tech who is a Hp veteran, unlike other brands, the z lines are sealed

But if you remove the heads and/or the inks; the inktubes are not sealed anymore- or am i mistaken?

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:33 am »

OK i just replaced my belt - and was afraid for this so i left the inks in and taped the printhead exits.
( 2nd time - less work- i know the machine by now- i use the LPS-belt this time)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up