Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPG PRO-4000 does wake up and clean itself  (Read 430 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Canon iPG PRO-4000 does wake up and clean itself
« on: May 26, 2020, 05:52:44 pm »

Since I've been working at home I just noticed I think for the first time in two years my PRO-4000 woke up on its own, cleaned itself, and immediately went back to sleep. No network or power disruptions or any application activity that would have triggered it to wake up. I always leave it turned on just in case, but I was beginning to think it never did clean itself except before starting a print job. It's been 3-4 weeks since the last thing I printed on it.

vikcious

Re: Canon iPG PRO-4000 does wake up and clean itself
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:18 am »

Can confirm the same on a PRO-2000.
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 11:50:23 pm »

This is true for the Pro series in general.  It's set up to help keep the head maintained properly and does the process in the "background" where you may not even notice it.  You can also change the settings on the printer for functioning differently with the print head check either sooner or later than defaulted to as it's based on your amount of printing.  Believe it goes from 6 hours up to 60 hours or so (but in certain increments).

We've had both Pro-4000 as well as the Pro-2100 in our office and almost never heard it do the process as it is pretty quiet.

Have to admit that it's nice not hearing the process or needing to do any additional "self" maintenance.  Otherwise, very little manual assistance.

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 04:14:31 pm »

It's Canon quietly reaching into your wallet when you are not looking.

I wish these were based on doing a nozzle check first to see if it was actually needed. I confirmed with Canon it is just a timed algorithm that you can not control.
Dr D White DDS BSc
Pages: [1]   Go Up