Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lobster Pots and old fashioned ropes  (Read 182 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Lobster Pots and old fashioned ropes
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:15:19 am »

I think we all have a shot of these types of lobster pots or creels don't we, but I have never seen them with their anchor ropes still attached like this out of the sea.

Don't know why, but when I first saw this shot (see below under the linked shot of Isambard) and the reason why I took it, was because it sort of reminded me of this particular historical image -

Dave
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:22:12 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

armand

• Photos
Re: Lobster Pots and old fashioned ropes
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 11:01:09 am »

Very nice. On the technical side, I don't know if it's just in jpeg, but on the bottom ropes there is maybe a little too much texture/noise?

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Lobster Pots and old fashioned ropes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 12:20:04 pm »

Very nice. On the technical side, I don't know if it's just in jpeg, but on the bottom ropes there is maybe a little too much texture/noise?

Thanks Armand.

I just did a Google search of what natural ropes are made of - "Natural ropes are made from fibres including cotton, manila, jute, sisal, and hemp fibre blends, whereas synthetic rope fibres include polypropylene, polyester, nylon and polyethylene."

So I think that maybe the texture (noise?) that you are seeing, could in fact be due to the rope being made of naturally hairy fibres (which is what I found to be so unusual these days) - but yes it could also be noise I suppose that was introduced into the file PS compresses into such a small jpg  ;)

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up