Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting an image from Lightroom with history attached via "Send This File"  (Read 1491 times)

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at

Just in case, it does not matter at all in which order you made the adjustments, so the image will be affected only by the current adjustments, regardless of the history

Sorry if I missed something, but, according to Francisco's hint, why not just asking your client for the raw file plus .xmp? If I understand aright:

I then go to send this file and upload the Raw as one file and then have to upload the xmp as a separate  file.
They both come through Send This File as two separate downloads. Where I am having the problem is getting the two together so that I have a raw file with history attached.

Sorry if I point to something obvious, but right-click in LR, "Metadata" > "Save metadata to file" respectively "Import metadata from file" were one possible way to do that.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

The correct settings were never questioned, the OP is looking for an easy way to save the "History", which is stored in the LR Catalog.
There is no history in xmp sidecars or tifs, and it is not available in ACR.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

I have a client I print regularly for. The images come to me processed but not always correctly. We discussed sending the images to me so that I can see what he has done to them.
I knew it could be done but thought it would be easier. Not sure he will want to go to all that effort. May just be easier to have him bring his computer over and review in person.

Why don't just use a video call sharing the screen? (something like skype or zoom)

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at

I have a client I print regularly for. The images come to me processed but not always correctly. We discussed sending the images to me so that I can see what he has done to them.

Obviously Dan's client thinks that he wants to share the history, but according to Dan's description, raw + xmp would do (as you said).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up