Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Digital Image Processing

PSD vs Tiff

<< < (3/3)

DiaAzul:

--- Quote ---So at the moment the choice seems to be between Adobe and Adobe.   

Eric Myrvaagnes:

--- Quote ---Or you could consider looking at Microsoft HD Photo specification...but not supported by Adobe (what a surprise).

Microsoft HD Photo specification

You didn't think that Microsoft would let Adobe corner the market did you?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89123\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---
Or I could consider using Microsoft's Internet Explorer as my principal browser. But, as a well-known former U.S. president once said, "It would be wrong."

Schewe:

--- Quote ---Or you could consider looking at Microsoft HD Photo specification...but not supported by Adobe (what a surprise).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=89123\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
--- End quote ---

Well, it's not supported by anybody, anywhere since it ian't yet crossplatform (MSFT is "thinking about it") and it's unclear whether MSFT is going to charge for either encoding or decoding (MSFT is "thinking about it") and it doesn't support layers, channels or transpariency and the only compression is their own proprietary compression that may or may not be charged for (MSFT is "thinking about it")...

But, it does have some interesting apsects to it...my problem is really with the name, WMP (short for wimp). I liked its original name "Photon".

:~)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version