Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Surecolor P900 lust  (Read 44255 times)

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
Re: Epson Surecolor P900 lust
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2020, 06:45:59 pm »

That's highly likely in my view.  Almost guaranteed.  I'll be shocked if it doesn't.  Epson have a hidden increase in the price of these printers, compared to their predecessors, in that you need to buy a new set of cartridges with the printer.  That's no small thing.
According to the Epson website, the P900 comes with a set of full ink carts, not the starter set.
Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

rdonson

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2020, 09:32:45 pm »

Yes, but what concerns P800 users is that the P900 ink carts are 50ML where as the P800 carts are 80 ML.  You have to be concerned that the smaller carts ($42 each) will need more frequent replacement than the 80ML ($58) carts in the P800.   We don't know how much that will hurt the wallet over time.
Regards,
Ron

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2020, 08:22:52 am »

Yes, but what concerns P800 users is that the P900 ink carts are 50ML where as the P800 carts are 80 ML.  You have to be concerned that the smaller carts ($42 each) will need more frequent replacement than the 80ML ($58) carts in the P800.   We don't know how much that will hurt the wallet over time.

I have a z3100 with 130ml tanks. It has 12 types of ink.
Only yesterday one ink ran out during printing at the end of a 120cm print making the print worthless.
What i am trying to say: the more ink colours, the more a chance on runs out of one ink; So better have large ink tanks with a printer that has many ink colours.
50ml seems very small to me. Also the HPZ3100 uses all ink till the last drop. Many small printers don't and work on average use, so they are wasting ink and turning 50ml into say 45 ml.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:28:53 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

gkroeger

« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2020, 10:34:09 am »

According to the Epson website, the P900 comes with a set of full ink carts, not the starter set.
Regards,
Bud James

Not sure about this... under "What's in the box", Epson says "Initial Ink Cartridges"

mac_paolo

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2020, 05:53:06 am »

Only yesterday one ink ran out during printing at the end of a 120cm print making the print worthless.
What i am trying to say: the more ink colours, the more a chance on runs out of one ink; So better have large ink tanks with a printer that has many ink colours.
50ml seems very small to me. Also the HPZ3100 uses all ink till the last drop. Many small printers don't and work on average use, so they are wasting ink and turning 50ml into say 45 ml.
I owned and know more about smaller 13"-17" Epson printers and with those I can definitely pause the print, replace the empty cartridge and resume the process with zero effect on the final result. No matter what the cartridge capacity.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2020, 08:21:58 am »

All the Epson's give you a low ink warning (Time to order more)and then will keep printing until you get the X. Doesn't matter where you are in the print cycle. Put in your new cart and the printer picks right up where it left off with no sign of interruption.
Epson has more than a few good things going for them.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2020, 08:29:04 am »

I owned and know more about smaller 13"-17" Epson printers and with those I can definitely pause the print, replace the empty cartridge and resume the process with zero effect on the final result. No matter what the cartridge capacity.
All the Epson's give you a low ink warning (Time to order more)and then will keep printing until you get the X. Doesn't matter where you are in the print cycle. Put in your new cart and the printer picks right up where it left off with no sign of interruption.
Epson has more than a few good things going for them.

Good to know, and very important.
The Hpz3100 has a GE-ink ( Gloss enhancer) that is the spoiler. The GE mixes into the printed color. You see the interruption
Probably  there is no problem without using the GE-Ink, but i ususally print on glossy papers with GE.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2020, 06:40:46 am »

Looked at potential suppliers online in UK and seems the late October date has slipped for the Epson P900.  First one I looked at quoted 31st December 2020!  In other words not until 2021!  This suggest issues and not necessarily those relating to Covid-19 delays?  Is Epson going in for a redesign or is the ink not ready?   Get a gut feeling something is going on?

Canon must be laughing all the way to the bank on this one?   Does not seem to be a shortage there due to Covid-19 (which adds weight to my suspicions about the P900)?   Even then I would not advise anyone to buy an Imageprograf Pro 1000 over the Epson, even if reduced!
In Vino Veritas

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2020, 08:41:51 am »

The P900 is in stock in Tokyo.

Cheers,
Bernard

KeithR

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2020, 11:57:41 am »

That's good to hear but it's still a long boat ride from there to here.  :o
The question remains of which will first arrive here in the U.S.: the election, Christmas or the P900.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

praja343

« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:06 pm »

The P 900 will arrive when the COVID 19 vaccine is released. I hear rumors that in addition to the inks that are included with the printer, there are two vials of the COVID Sputnik V vaccine included.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2020, 06:19:11 pm »

The P 900 will arrive when the COVID 19 vaccine is released. I hear rumors that in addition to the inks that are included with the printer, there are two vials of the COVID Sputnik V vaccine included.

Lol

Cheers,
Bernard

gkroeger

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2020, 10:28:38 am »

Unfortunately, each vial is only half-filled... these are starter vaccines

pschefz

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2020, 11:41:23 am »

Got a call from Samy’s LA yesterday and picked up my P900, did not have one on order there but my contact knew i wanted one....
To get the first thing out of the way: the included ink will not last long, I have a full set here so i will be fine....the US version does come with an extra tank...
Printer is nice and compact, seems much better thought out then all others before, nice details that make sense,...a light on the inside, the LCD screen is really, really nice, actually useable....set up is easiest i have seen and i have had them all....
I am trying to use this exclusively from ipad for right now, this is the first iOS driver that uses profiles, a full driver......so far that works extremely well as long as one uses epson paper, otherwise it might be useless....i have to dig deeper, haven’t had much time....
There are no pizza wheels so far, i have tried most of the epson sample packs, heavier papers feed fine in the back...
schefz.com
artloch.com

rasworth

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2020, 02:32:34 pm »

"extra tank"?

Look forward to reading your posts about this printer.

Richard Southworth

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2020, 06:31:43 pm »

"extra tank"?

Look forward to reading your posts about this printer.

Richard Southworth

In Europe they give you 4 extra inktanks ;)
I guess they are used...
Maybe the P900 has AI and knows exactly when to put the ink on the paper or save the paper and put the ink in the tank...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

rasworth

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2020, 07:50:10 pm »

Sorry, I still don't understand what you mean by "ink tank".  Is this an extra cartridge of one color, or are you referring to the maintenance cartridge?

Richard Southworth

pschefz

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2020, 10:25:24 pm »

Sorry, extra maintenance tank
schefz.com
artloch.com

maxs

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2020, 03:50:57 pm »

Even then I would not advise anyone to buy an Imageprograf Pro 1000 over the Epson, even if reduced!

Just curious why not? I downgraded from a Z3200 and am in the market for a smaller printer and the Pro 1000 is one being considered along with the P900.

samogitian

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2020, 05:42:51 pm »

Unique Photo in NJ not only says they have them in stock (5:38pm EST Friday 5 November), but I picked one up at 10am today (I live in Montclair NJ). Anybody need an Epson SC-P800 in the NYC area?

The starter set is the worst ever. I haven't printed anything and it's at 1/3 or less supply levels. I ordered a set at BH (since nobody else has the sets) but it will be Sunday before I can get them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up