Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon & Zeiss Otus system  (Read 391 times)

Peregrine

Canon & Zeiss Otus system
« on: April 21, 2020, 02:34:49 pm »

This is a high resolution, lens perfection monster of a system.  I LOVE these lenses, and if you don't mind a little extra weight and manual focus, there simply isn't anything that compares to the Zeiss Otus line.  Incredibly sharp corner to corner, and virtually NO chromatic aberration. If you're a landscape photographer wanting to upgrade to a 50mp sensor, this is a tremendous system.  When I performed stitched pano's from this system, I could enlarge to 12' wide with appropriate scenes & conditions. Smaller sized prints just look amazing.  There's nothing like the Zeiss contrast & fine detail.

I hate to get rid of the system but my business necessitates moving up to the Fuji GFX 100 system.  All optics are in flawless condition.  There are some slight signs of wear on the rubber coated focusing rings, from pulling them in & out of my backpack, and the lens shades have some marks on them.  I've taken rigorous care with the lenses.  The 5DsR body is a great 50mp sensor & camera, and is in A condition, with only a few marks from use.

All lenses are for Canon EF mount, all lenses have lens shades, original boxes. All lenses have virtually no marks on the metal barrels, with the exception of the Zeiss 15mm, which has a few slight wear marks on the body. 
Zeiss Otus 55mm: optical condition: A+... some minor scuff marks on rubber focusing ring, metal exterior has no marks
Zeiss Otus 28mm: optical condition: A+  Lens shade has marks of wear on it, and is a bit stiff to mount & unmount.  Metal exterior has no marks.
Zeiss Otus 85mm: optical condition: A+  Maybe one of the very sharpest lenses I've ever had on a camera.  The 28mm about the same.  No marks
Kenko Extension tubes: 12, 20 & 36mm: all in excellent condition, caps have some wear marks
Canon EOS 5DsR: a couple of wear marks but very minimal.  In excellent condition
Canon GP-E2 GPS receiver: excellent condition, works like a charm
Canon 100 - 400 f4 - 5.6L IS ii lens: excellent condition, no signs of wear
Zeiss 15mm T* lens: very good condition, excellent optically.  Signs of wear on the metal exterior but none in the area around the perimeter of the lens.
IR shutter release: works perfectly

More pictures available upon request.

I would prefer to sell the entire kit as one package and as an incentive, I've significantly reduced the price of each item. Total price: $8,825
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:38:52 pm by ksink1817@gmail.com »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Canon & Zeiss Otus system
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:03:38 am »

I would keep the 85mm to use with the GFX-100, there is IMHO nothing like it in among the Fuji lenses (first hand experience).

Cheers,
Bernard

Peregrine

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 04:25:58 pm »

Hi Bernard... Did you get any vignetting? Were the edges & corners as sharp as center?  What did you use for an adapter from the Canon EF mount to the Fuji?  When I got the Fuji I did some tests and perhaps I had a bad adapter but the images sucked compared to the Fuji glass.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 09:29:31 am »

Hi Bernard... Did you get any vignetting? Were the edges & corners as sharp as center?  What did you use for an adapter from the Canon EF mount to the Fuji?  When I got the Fuji I did some tests and perhaps I had a bad adapter but the images sucked compared to the Fuji glass.

Mines are in F mount, I use a photodiox adapter.

But sorry I have overlooked the fast that the Canon version of the Otus lacks an aperture ring, I am not sure there are adapters enabling aperture control.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up