Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easter; Whats on the Menu?  (Read 291 times)

JoeKitchen

Easter; Whats on the Menu?
« on: April 11, 2020, 03:13:48 pm »

With all of us stuck inside, and no restaurants to go to anyway, we will all be preparing our own Easter feast.  I know this will be the first time for many, and thankfully they have plenty of toilet paper to help out with the sequential ill effects of poor home cooking. 

However, I digress, what is on the menu for tomorrow? 

In my house, we'll have plenty of cheese, don't worry.  But we will also be starting out the day with eggs Benedict and Mimosas for brunch.  Dinner, I plan on roasting a free range chicken (the only chicken product I have seen in my grocer for a couple of weeks now) with a liberal amount of duck fat, seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, sage, rosemary, and thyme, piped in underneath the skin for flavor and more seasonings stuffed in the cavity.  This will sit overnight to really let the flavor set in.  For dessert, we will be indulging in a Butterkuchen, aka Butter Cake, and the authentic ooey gooey version too, not the dry as a desert imposters. 

Thankfully, LesPalenick, I will not be getting any blood tests next week.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:18:26 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Easter; Whats on the Menu?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:42:31 pm »

With all of us stuck inside, and no restaurants to go to anyway, we will all be preparing our own Easter feast.  I know this will be the first time for many, and thankfully they have plenty of toilet paper to help out with the sequential ill effects of poor home cooking. 

However, I digress, what is on the menu for tomorrow? 

In my house, we'll have plenty of cheese, don't worry.  But we will also be starting out the day with eggs Benedict and Mimosas for brunch.  Dinner, I plan on roasting a free range chicken (the only chicken product I have seen in my grocer for a couple of weeks now) with a liberal amount of duck fat, seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, sage, rosemary, and thyme, piped in underneath the skin for flavor and more seasonings stuffed in the cavity.  This will sit overnight to really let the flavor set in.  For dessert, we will be indulging in a Butterkuchen, aka Butter Cake, and the authentic ooey gooey version too, not the dry as a desert imposters. 

Thankfully, LesPalenick, I will not be getting any blood tests next week.   ;)

Eggs, bacon, pototoes and toast after church and since its Sunday we will do mexican night fro my mom as we do every Sunday evening.  Quite a change from our usual large family affair since we can only be three.
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:47:22 pm »

Plant-based stew, consisting of red onions, yukon gold potatoes, rocambole garlic, zucchini, eggplant, cremini mushrooms, carrots, red shepherd peppers, chili peppers, plantain, apple, lemon, peas, beefsteak tomatoes, seasoned with shiraz wine, mint, rosemary, black pepper, cumin, red paprika, salt, basil, parsley on top of whole wheat spaghetti. Served with own-production 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon California wine.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:14:52 am »

Poached rabbit with deep-fried chicks and deviled eggs.

chez

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 10:38:35 am »

Pho soup with shrimp.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 10:55:31 am »

Poached rabbit with deep-fried chicks and deviled eggs.

That sounds delicious. I like rabbits too, over the years I found many in my backyard. I don't use any herbicides on the grass, so they are quite safe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up