Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 209004 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #5380 on: June 04, 2020, 08:00:42 pm »

Hugh, you too are a reason we have such a big problem in this country right now with talking to each other.  Not only do you completely lack the ability to understand conservative thinking, but you go out of your way to demonize those on the right. 

I am for school choice.  You probably would call me the same choice words for expressing this even though the majority of minorities agree with me.  Even my brother had this disagreement with me. 

I dont see you as being evil and would rather have a conversation, but it is clear you do not. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:14:54 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #5381 on: June 04, 2020, 08:03:14 pm »

You are wrong. You don't know me. You would be surprised how conservative I am - until a point of hatred that is not good for anyone.  Shame on you Joe. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #5382 on: June 04, 2020, 08:53:42 pm »

You are wrong. You don't know me. You would be surprised how conservative I am - until a point of hatred that is not good for anyone.  Shame on you Joe.

Like I mentioned in my PM, please show me where I have been hateful without the snarky responses. 

I will admit I go over the top with Armand, and recently with James, but both have insulted me without incident, although I feel Armand is more justified with his attacks.  I will give Armand the satisfaction of this. 

HSakols

« Reply #5383 on: June 04, 2020, 09:01:17 pm »

Then show me who made the disgusting comments of the Police Cheif.  If you didn't do it then I apologize, but your comments on democrates are fucken crazy and completely unfounded.  And filled with hate.  I don't even believe that Republicans eat live babies.

More Bagpipes. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #5384 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:09 pm »

Then show me who made the disgusting comments of the Police Cheif.  If you didn't do it then I apologize, but your comments on democrates are fucken crazy and completely unfounded.  And filled with hate.  I don't even believe that Republicans eat live babies.

More Bagpipes.

What?  ???

Are you talking about Art Acevedo, whom you just referenced in your PM.  I never once talked about him, not once on this forum.  You falsely accused me of denigrating him when I never even brought up his name nor responded on a post about him.  And do you lack the ability to look back in the forum to see who did? 

Show me my comments that were in regards to the officer.  Show me! 

I cant think of any police officer I specifically spoke about.   I did generally say we need more police on the streets because of these riots, not less.  I live in a major city, not far out in the  country away from the destruction.  I understand the right for protest, but will not justify the riots after the destruction I've seen personally largely to minorities.  Along with the killing of Floyd, that is the issue I take with all of this. 

But I never talked about any specific law officer. 

FYI, my comments on Democrats are no more political then many Democrats' are (on here) about Republicans, although many are not, and an issue overall.  I will contest that I am also part of the issue when it comes to polite political discourse, and I apologize to James and Armand (who probably deserves it more then anyone else), and other Dems whom I have insulted and felt I got carried away. 

Perhaps we all need to realize the lock downs are making us mad.  As someone I know said, you prepare for the lock downs and are fine in the middle of it, but then the country starts to open and that is when you kill your wife.  I am getting to be a little bit of a loose cannon after all this. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:31:27 pm by JoeKitchen »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5385 on: June 04, 2020, 09:39:06 pm »

More Bagpipes.

Perhaps it was Slobodan?

Cheers,
Bernard

HSakols

« Reply #5386 on: June 04, 2020, 09:57:11 pm »

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5387 on: June 04, 2020, 11:23:07 pm »

By the time the election rolls around, no one will be discussing race, riots, protests and cops.  The discussion will be economics and who's working and who's not working.  I'm curious what's happening in other countries outside of America. Here we have 20+ million unemployed, mainly on the bottom half, service jobs.  Although, there's going to be a pickup in better paying job loss to follow.  What's happening in your country?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5388 on: June 04, 2020, 11:49:22 pm »

Chloroquine studies withdrawn by Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine stating they aren't effective against Covid.  Off course, they embarrassed Trump's position with the original studies.  But who cares about that now?  The damage to the President has been done. You can't even find too many articles on the studies withdrawal.  Beside the political damage, how many other studies are just BS?  Is the public getting the real facts on the disease? How much harm have they done to economies, jobs, etc hyping the pandemic?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/health/retraction-coronavirus-studies-lancet-nejm/index.html

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #5389 on: June 05, 2020, 04:02:24 am »

Stand up for what is wrong!   You know you are morally and ethically wrong.  Stand Up for Racism!!!

Hugh, I'm sure you meant to say Stand up to Racism and I thank you for it.

elliot_n

« Reply #5390 on: June 05, 2020, 04:28:14 am »

Hugh, I'm sure you meant to say Stand up to Racism and I thank you for it.

Indeed. Thank you Hugh for your unusual and effective intervention.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5391 on: June 05, 2020, 04:57:01 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhXo1BbFumE

A lesson on leadership, empathy and... democracy.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:05:40 am by BernardLanguillier »

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5392 on: June 05, 2020, 04:57:41 am »

By the time the election rolls around, no one will be discussing race, riots, protests and cops.  The discussion will be economics and who's working and who's not working.  I'm curious what's happening in other countries outside of America. Here we have 20+ million unemployed, mainly on the bottom half, service jobs.  Although, there's going to be a pickup in better paying job loss to follow.  What's happening in your country?

I think you are far underestimating the intelligence and memory of your fellow citizens.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5393 on: June 05, 2020, 05:00:28 am »

Chloroquine studies withdrawn by Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine stating they aren't effective against Covid.  Off course, they embarrassed Trump's position with the original studies.  But who cares about that now?  The damage to the President has been done. You can't even find too many articles on the studies withdrawal.  Beside the political damage, how many other studies are just BS?  Is the public getting the real facts on the disease? How much harm have they done to economies, jobs, etc hyping the pandemic?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/health/retraction-coronavirus-studies-lancet-nejm/index.html

I totally agree with you on this, the Lancet has done a huge damage to the credibility of the whole scientific community. Most of it doing an amazing job.

It's anybody's guess why they did it. Was it an attack on Trump, was it an attack on French research and speficially the free thinker Didier Raoult, was it a means to please the big pharma Gilead? We'll probably never know.

But there is no possibility whatsover that this was a mistake. The release of this article was the result of a conscious decision.

Regards,
Bernard

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5394 on: June 05, 2020, 05:49:34 am »

Indeed a very bad act by the Lancet and in the first place the authors; The only good thing is they acknowledged their mistake and made it public.
Don't think it has anything to do with politics; Or they have acted badly in that sense too. It is just bad science on a very bad moment.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5395 on: June 05, 2020, 05:55:38 am »

Indeed a very bad act by the Lancet and in the first place the authors; The only good thing is they acknowledged their mistake and made it public.
Don't think it has anything to do with politics; Or they have acted badly in that sense too. It is just bad science on a very bad moment.

I am sorry Pieter, but on this one I think that you are being a little bit naive.

There is no way this is a mistake. Certainly not on the part of the Lancet. They knew exactly what they were doing when they published this article.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5396 on: June 05, 2020, 06:07:46 am »

In Portugal, the latest estimates are for a deficit of 6% and unemployment at 10% for YE2020. It's a big hit no doubt, but the "good" news is that the entire EU is suffering the same impact, so this time around there will be a united effort. A couple of weeks ago the European Commission proposed a package of 1.5 billion euros, yesterday they are adding another 0.650 billion to it.

Southern Europe countries are desperately trying to reopen for international tourism in July, but I think most people will stay in-country for fear of infection. The virus is still present, and there is still no treatment or immunity. For example, Portugal is having an average of 300 new cases a day, 90% of those is in the greater Lisbon area - 18 different municipalities. These are coming from civil construction workers and temporary workers, that are between 20 - 40 years old (they are asymptomatic and don't even know that are infected) and are highly mobile. In the last week alone, 17,000 tests were done in the Lisbon area, with around 4% positive. As a result the shopping centers in Lisbon area will only reopen 15 July, whereas they opened in the rest of the country June 1st.

I read yesterday that airlines will only recover in 2023.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5397 on: June 05, 2020, 06:33:23 am »

I am sorry Pieter, but on this one I think that you are being a little bit naive.

There is no way this is a mistake. Certainly not on the part of the Lancet. They knew exactly what they were doing when they published this article.

Cheers,
Bernard

The Lancet's reputation is at stake; that is abig thing.
what motivation could there be else than just 'publish first before others do...'
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5398 on: June 05, 2020, 07:12:38 am »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/orange-vests-protests-in-rome-leader-says-coronavirus-doesnt-exist.html?fbclid=IwAR0fO21EzLZqe9GJETZeEZzCVa4bTcWrBsosBTerIR5V3YWE4n90txdYcPs

Italy is seeing an ‘Orange Vests’ movement that says coronavirus pandemic doesn’t exist

Hundreds of protesters wearing orange vests or jackets gathered in Rome on Tuesday, chanting “Liberta’!” (“Liberty!”) to protest the government’s handling of the coronavirus crisis and calling for it to resign.

Described as a “rightist-libertarian” and “turbo populist” movement by the Italian media and modeling themselves on the yellow-vested anti-government movement seen in France, the leader of the Orange Vests, former Carabinieri Gen. Antonio Pappalardo, has said that the coronavirus pandemic did not exist.

“The pandemic does not exist, it’s total bulls---,” Pappalardo told a rally in Bari on Sunday, Italian news agency ANSA reported. “The coronavirus is not lethal, it only kills the already sick over 80s. Enough with the lies and falsehoods, you have terrified the Italian people.”

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5399 on: June 05, 2020, 07:18:16 am »

... the Lancet has done a huge damage to the credibility of the whole scientific community....

Let's hear what the editor-in-chief of Lancet had to say in 2015:

Editor In Chief Of World’s Best Known Medical Journal: Half Of All The Literature Is False

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/05/16/editor-in-chief-of-worlds-best-known-medical-journal-half-of-all-the-literature-is-false/

“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness.”
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 400   Go Up