Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 126   Go Down

Author Topic: COVID-19 | science, damage limitation, NO POLITICS  (Read 87535 times)

hogloff

Re: COVID-19 | science, damage limitation, NO POLITICS
« Reply #1560 on: June 27, 2020, 02:01:25 pm »

I drove to the supermarket today to pick up food order by phone.  Curbside pickup.  Passed by a  restaurant.  Breakfast type place, very popular before.  Loads of tables outside with people waiting to sit down, 6 feet apart.  Eaters had no masks at least the ones sitting at the tables.  Loads of traffic.  Yesterday passed by expensive Chinese restaurant. All the tables were out in the parking lot about 1/3 full.  But it was early Friday.  Don;t recall if they had masks on.  Most people moving around have masks on or put them on when they go into the stores.  This is in central New Jersey about 50 miles from NYC.  Things seem to be picking up.

If the tables are at least 6' apart, the customers don't need masks. I would think the restaurant would require masks while waiting to be seated.

I wonder if any agency checks up on these restaurants to ensure proper procedures are being followed. My barber said he had a surprise visit from the government to verify Covid practices were in place and being followed.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1561 on: June 27, 2020, 02:02:58 pm »

If the tables are at least 6' apart, the customers don't need masks. I would think the restaurant would require masks while waiting to be seated.

I wonder if any agency checks up on these restaurants to ensure proper procedures are being followed.

Where's that?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1562 on: June 27, 2020, 02:08:25 pm »

For restaurants you'll need a special mask with an elliptical opening (about 2.5" x 1.5") in the middle of the lower part. After finishing the meal, you can use it as a napkin.

hogloff

« Reply #1563 on: June 27, 2020, 02:12:11 pm »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1564 on: June 27, 2020, 02:43:18 pm »

The whole thought of going to a dentist scares me what with the virus.
The American Dental Association has come up with good guidelines for practice.  I had my routine check up this past Wednesday. You wait in your car until they are ready for you.  They do a temperature check and you need to complete a questionnaire about travel and illness before the visit (I did it on line).  Hygienist and Dentist take all the necessary precautions.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1565 on: June 27, 2020, 03:00:27 pm »

The American Dental Association has come up with good guidelines for practice.  I had my routine check up this past Wednesday. You wait in your car until they are ready for you.  They do a temperature check and you need to complete a questionnaire about travel and illness before the visit (I did it on line).  Hygienist and Dentist take all the necessary precautions.
It's the last part that I don't trust.

faberryman

« Reply #1566 on: June 27, 2020, 04:29:08 pm »

9585 new cases in Florida. No wonder the Europeans won’t let Americans in. Even Pinocchio Pence cancelled his campaign trip down there. It was supposed to be called The Great American Comeback Tour. Oops.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:35:25 pm by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1567 on: June 27, 2020, 04:35:43 pm »

It's the last part that I don't trust.

You should. Medical staff have been doing this germ stuff for at least 100 years. They train in it, develop routines in it. Surgery goes on every day, everywhere, and all before Covid-19 showed up.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1568 on: June 27, 2020, 04:40:23 pm »

You should. Medical staff have been doing this germ stuff for at least 100 years. They train in it, develop routines in it. Surgery goes on every day, everywhere, and all before Covid-19 showed up.
Dentistry is different than surgery.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1569 on: June 27, 2020, 04:42:08 pm »

9585 new cases in Florida. No wonder the Europeans won’t let Americans in. Even Pinocchio Pence cancelled his campaign trip down there. It was supposed to be called The Great American Comeback Tour. Oops.

The heaviest hit counties are Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade.
Is there any data on the hotspots and causes? Is it the tourists, elderly in the long term care homes, or certain occupations?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1570 on: June 27, 2020, 04:43:21 pm »

Nobody gets closer to your mouth than the dentist.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1571 on: June 27, 2020, 04:45:41 pm »

Nobody gets closer to your mouth than the dentist.

Well, my wife.  But I already did an antibody test on her.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1572 on: June 27, 2020, 04:48:11 pm »

I hear that some wives use the opportunity to get farther from their husbands.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1573 on: June 27, 2020, 04:57:51 pm »

I guess my wife is one of the unlucky ones.

hogloff

« Reply #1574 on: June 27, 2020, 06:10:35 pm »

Yep and if they'd infect someone and word spread...they would be out of business.

hogloff

« Reply #1575 on: June 27, 2020, 06:12:17 pm »

Well my dentist and assistants wore masks and gowns way before there was any pandemic.

degrub

« Reply #1576 on: June 27, 2020, 08:35:26 pm »

Mine has added full face shield over masks and glasses in addition plus a hepa vacuum spot tube (about 6 inch diameter) pulling from where i exhale.

What i hate is walking into a restroom and finding only the air blower hand driers. Talk about stirring up all of the virus and bacteria bits and blowing it into your lungs and face ! I don’t bother to dry my hands.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1577 on: June 28, 2020, 10:14:06 am »

Mine has added full face shield over masks and glasses in addition plus a hepa vacuum spot tube (about 6 inch diameter) pulling from where i exhale.
Yes, that is the same setup mine had.  I think this is the standard recommendation from the ADA.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1578 on: June 28, 2020, 10:26:23 am »

I haven;t been there yet.  But a month ago, my dentist told me he doesn't use the plastic shield because it would interfere with his light magnifier on his forehead.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1579 on: June 28, 2020, 02:35:58 pm »

It's the same thing.  So they took the total for the 144 days and divided by 144 or they took the 365 total and just showed the first 144 days.  Either way you get the same effect.   So the relative graphs for all the diseases except Covid never changes.  Covid changes because they are inputting the daily quantities of actual deaths.  The rest is a daily total average based on the 144 days.  If they switched the method and listed actual daily changes for let's say drownings, you'd see it jump around too.  It creates a false impression because the methodology for Covid is expressed differently than all the others.

There's another more glaring phoniness that I just noticed.  At the bottom of the graph is a note: "*Except COVID, causes of death shown account for ~7% of global deaths annually"

So what they did is eliminate 93% of the worlds deaths by other causes.  That puts Covid at the top of the graph because they eliminated those types of diseases on the graph.  That's another distortion that makes it seem like Covid kills more people than any other disease, which is false.  Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Here are the diseases not shown on the graph that killed more people than any other disease on the graph including Covid.
First is worse.  Covid not shown, statistics are for 2017.
Cardiovascular diseases
Cancers
Respiratory diseases
Lower respiratory infections
Dementia
Digestive diseases
Neonatal disorders
Diarrheal diseases
Diabetes
Liver diseases
Road injuries
Kidney disease
Tuberculosis
HIV/AIDS
Suicide
https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-death

It seems, someone else just figured out the phoniness of this article and chart.  But still agreed to it's accuracy.  Amazing.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/covid-19-is-among-the-leading-causes-of-death-worldwide-so-far-in-2020-but-beware-of-incomplete-graphs/
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 126   Go Up