Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The OLD NORMAL  (Read 280 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
The OLD NORMAL
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:23:03 am »

The OLD NORMAL....

The NEWS in all it's forms is guilty of telling us that this is the NEW NORMAL..."WE" all should just surrender! NO I will not accept a diluted life. I can still be me and not compromise a single sole.

Sitting in one's home watching the news 24/7 is a DEATH sentence. I won't accept....I will not put my head in the noose, if the noose finds me so be it.

Go out and do and make something positive.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:26:19 am by petermfiore »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: The OLD NORMAL
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:29:53 am »

Right, Peter. The problem is, we have politicians making political decisions about a medical problem. It’s a real-life demonstration of Acton’s dictum that power corrupts. I’m going out. Yes, I’ll be at risk. But I’ve been at risk in three wars and in a number of flying situations. You’re always at risk. Eventually, you die. Big deal.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 08:38:19 am »

Peter, I agree with your sentiments.

The one thing I won't be doing is putting the lives of others at risk.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 08:43:14 am »

Well, I went out yesterday, getting stir crazy.  Went to CVS.  Put gloves on but no mask.  The doors were opened electrically and I didn't touch anything.  I asked if they had alcohol from about 15 feet away.  The staff was walking around without gloves or mask.  Of course they didn't have anything close to alcohol so I turned around and left going to my car parked two spaces away from any other car.  Got in and took my gloves off.

Then I drove to the town park to try to find something to photograph.  There were no groups.  Many singles.  A lot of couples, boyfriend girlfriend.  Also families playing together.  Dog Walkers.  Playgrounds were closed as were ballfields.  Individuals fishing.  No photographs.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:58:56 am »

Peter, I agree with your sentiments.

The one thing I won't be doing is putting the lives of others at risk.

Exactly...Put no one at risk. But you know, I have always lived with that belief. The coronavirus did't make me aware of that. My Dad did when I was a young child.

Peter

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 09:02:24 am »

Exactly...Put no one at risk. But you know, I have always lived with that belief. The coronavirus did't make me aware of that. My Dad did when I was a young child.

Peter

Peter, we was brought up proper.

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 09:37:49 am »

Right, Peter. The problem is, we have politicians making political decisions about a medical problem. It’s a real-life demonstration of Acton’s dictum that power corrupts. I’m going out. Yes, I’ll be at risk. But I’ve been at risk in three wars and in a number of flying situations. You’re always at risk. Eventually, you die. Big deal.

Not to mention that one person's "going out" can easily be another person's conduit to catching the infection from you if you have it. And how do you know you don't already if you don't get tested every day?

Seems better to be a little more conservative, not to say altruistic, in this case...

:-)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 09:52:20 am »

What is appropriate in one time and place may not be in another. I went out too, we all do because sooner or later we need to buy food. So you avoid close contact, avoid crowded places, wash often and don't touch your face. That's reasonable behaviour and not currently restricted in most places.

But if you're in Italy, and there is zero slack in the medical system, then it's a little more problematic. It's not so much because there is any real danger if you go out for a walk and don't approach anyone, it has probably more to do with the fact that there will always be people who don't abide by reasonable guidelines and you have to waste precious resources dealing with them so you pass temporary measures that would be draconian at another place in time.

This is standard operating procedure, isn't it. When riots break out, any curfew affects everyone, even the people who just want to go out for a walk because they're bored at home. When hurricanes hit Florida, people are evacuated. Otherwise later, resources will be wasted on your behalf.

None of this is rocket science nor is it new.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 10:01:31 am »

Russ as a military man, you know that politicians have final say, not generals.  Truman fired MacArthur, right or wrong.  Generals and doctors are not elected.  Their domain is war and medicine.  So their advice is parochial.  Politicians respond to the voting public.  That's how our constitution was set up and how it works in a constitutional democracy.  Sure, once the war is started by politicians, we should leave day-to-day decisions about battle to the experts.  But even then, leaders look at the whole picture.  That's why they're leaders.  It's what we expect from them. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 10:05:22 am »

...To lead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up