Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cameras & Lenses that were supposed to be for CP+ ...  (Read 1000 times)

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
Re: Cameras & Lenses that were supposed to be for CP+ ...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:04 pm »

"The problem is that the sensor they are using today had the lowest image quality on the market – in 2016"  Wow, that's substantial.  On the market?  Really?  The E-M1mkII sensor was the WORST someone could find?  Not so sure about that.

For anyone that spends time with the system, and the sensors...if that is the worst thing we can find about them...Olympus and Panasonic seem in good shape with their cameras.  Yes we would all love improvements, and anything more is great...but those statements seem harsh and ignore the sum of use. 

Two stops of depth of field over a full frame lets you be two stops lower in ISO for example to achieve the same look, which brings you back to a better set up. (unless you need the extreme ends in either direction)  Comparatively there, I find it hard to see the major real world difference between the leading APC sensors.  I've used them side by side. 

Regardless, horses for courses as they say.  Just seems to play the entire camera and system down for one item that isn't even extreme as this article makes it sound.
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

stivemorgan

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:15:58 am »

"The problem is that the sensor they are using today had the lowest image quality on the market – in 2016"  Wow, that's substantial.  On the market?  Really?  The E-M1mkII sensor was the WORST someone could find?  Not so sure about that.

For anyone that spends time with the system, and the sensors...if that is the worst thing we can find about them...Olympus and Panasonic seem in good shape with their cameras.  Yes we would all love improvements, and anything more is great...but those statements seem harsh and ignore the sum of use. 

Two stops of depth of field over a full frame lets you be two stops lower in ISO for example to achieve the same look, which brings you back to a better set up. (unless you need the extreme ends in either direction)  Comparatively there, I find it hard to see the major real world difference between the leading APC sensors.  I've used them side by side. 

Regardless, horses for courses as they say.  Just seems to play the entire camera and system down for one item that isn't even extreme as this article makes it sound.
Hi there. I havent known that. Thanks for the useful information.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:24:27 am »

I think the real news from Sony is that they understand they have the best sensor and to attract the market from Nikon and Canon they know they also have to make the best lenses.
The latest 20mm and 24mm offerings from Sony seems the outperform the new 20mm and 24mm in Nikons S-line. So they are on the right path.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up