Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson P800 replacement announced (maybe?)  (Read 6322 times)

rdonson

Re: epson P800 replacement announced (maybe?)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2020, 01:04:53 pm »

You're basing this on one data point?  An incomplete description at WexPhotoVideo.com?

Can anyone confirm this spec on small ink carts anywhere else?
Regards,
Ron

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 01:34:49 pm »

You're basing this on one data point?  An incomplete description at WexPhotoVideo.com?

Can anyone confirm this spec on small ink carts anywhere else?

Epson Spain:

https://www.epson.es/products/consumables/ink/singlepack-matte-black-t47a8-ultrachrome-pro-10-ink-50ml-c13t47a800

Arlen

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 04:59:23 pm »

Epson giveth, Epson taketh.

texshooter

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 06:57:19 pm »

Let me guess, the ink will cost more per ml.  Why do I feel violated?

FabienP

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 08:11:58 pm »

Looks like Epson is focusing on a small footprint at the expense of ink cartridge size in this generation. There has to be a reason why these printers are that much smaller. People with a high print volume will have to transition to a P5000 or to a comparatively huge Canon printer.

I suppose smaller cartridges will also help in having an attractive launch price.

Cheers,

Fabien

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 02:43:34 am »

Looks like Epson is focusing on a small footprint at the expense of ink cartridge size in this generation. There has to be a reason why these printers are that much smaller. People with a high print volume will have to transition to a P5000 or to a comparatively huge Canon printer.

I suppose smaller cartridges will also help in having an attractive launch price.

I am not sure anyone was asking for a smaller foot print.

But most of the people who actually use these printers certainly feel that ink was already too expensive.

So the trade off is probably not going to please most Epson users.

Personally I don't print a lot so I belong to the minority for whom the smaller foot print is probably valuable... but then again the footprint of the P800 (called SC-Px3V in Japan, such a sexy name) wasn't a real issue.

Cheers,
Bernard

pslocum

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 08:31:16 am »

From epsom Europe
Epson introduces two photo printers for professionals who value image accuracy and depth, along with design simplicity

The SureColor SC-P900 and SC-P700 are high-quality photo printers for design-conscious photographers and artists

Epson introduces two photo printers for professionals who value image accuracy and depth, along with design simplicity
14 March 2020 – Epson has announced two advanced and easy-to-use photo printers, the SureColor SC-P700 and SC-P900. While the pro-photo community is clearly the main target audience; these two compact and lightweight printers will also appeal to artists, studios, photo labs and ambitious semi-pro and aspiring amateur photographers.

What’s immediately striking is their ‘non-printer’ look and feel: a design philosophy that was established through user research and a desire to make photo printers that are as pleasing on the eye as the prints they produce.  Both the SC-P700 (up to A3+) and SC-P900 (up to A2+) feature black enhance overcoat technology, Carbon Black Mode and UltraChrome Pro 10 ink for the truest, deepest blacks. Other features include:

Three different paper paths to accommodate a wide media range
Black D-Max value of 2.91
4.3-inch LCD optical touchscreen (can be used with gloves) with customisable GUI
Epson Media Installer for ease of use
Expanded blue color gamut to reproduce ultra-realistic images
Black inks (PK/MK) always available
Epson Print Layout - enhanced functionality and flexibility to make colour-managed printing quick and easy
Spindle-less integrated roll unit on SC-P700, optional for SC-P900
New auto sheet feeding system (ASF) for hassle-free fine art media feed.
Smallest footprint and lightest in its class
Enhanced sealing to protect from dust and dirt
Boris Creischer, product manager pro selection, Epson Europe, says: “We’re confident that these printers will appeal to those working in a number of creative industries, who have a keen eye for detail, as well as an appreciation for high-performance hardware that’s aesthetically pleasing. As cliché as it sounds, both the SC-P700 and SC-P900 manage to combine form with function, to great effect. The accuracy and quality of the output is further enhanced by the deepest blacks and an expanded blue colour gamut, to reproduce ultra-realist prints. All this forms part of Epson’s complete printing solution of hardware, software, inks and paper. We’re confident that these new additions to the P-Series will excite creatives who value photographic print quality and refreshingly understated product design.”

The SC-P700 and SC-P900 will be available in Western Europe from April 2020 and across other EMEAR territories from August 2020.

Previous post in category Next post in category
BACK

Article Information

DATE PUBLISHED

TAGS

#Photography,
#SureColor SC-P,
photo,
Photographs,
Professional photo printers,
SureColor
Downloads

Press release (PDF)
Press release images
Press release & images
Related press releases

Scotland’s first print & copier social enterprise partners with Epson based on its eco merits
Read more

Epson announces a direct-to-garment printer for high productivity businesses with demanding workloads
Read more

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 01:27:41 pm »

Given that a new set of ink carts in a 17" photo printer is north of $500... the brand new carts that come with a new printer is a big chunk of the rationalization I've always leaned upon when upgrading. 

Or, at least, it used to be that way.

The P800 surprised many of us because, unlike its 3880 and 3800 predecessors (which shipped with full, 80ml carts), it came with "starter" carts.  They held something on the order of 65ml.  Especially ironic, of course, given that a new printer has to charge its lines before it can actually do anything useful.

Epson wants you to buy that next set of $500+ replacements sooner, than later.

The ink cost-per-milliliter will always be higher in a smaller cart, which is one of the two unfortunate aspects of the imminent P900 design (the other being simply the aggravation of more frequent cart changes).

50ml carts are so seriously small compared to the 80ml items in the 3800, 3880, and P800 that Epson might go ahead and throw in full size carts with the P900.  I hope so.  But neither would it surprise me if they put in carts with only 35 or 40ml.

Anyone know if profiles of Epson papers are available for the Canon Pro-1000?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 11:44:28 pm »

Given that a new set of ink carts in a 17" photo printer is north of $500... the brand new carts that come with a new printer is a big chunk of the rationalization I've always leaned upon when upgrading. 

Or, at least, it used to be that way.

The P800 surprised many of us because, unlike its 3880 and 3800 predecessors (which shipped with full, 80ml carts), it came with "starter" carts.  They held something on the order of 65ml.  Especially ironic, of course, given that a new printer has to charge its lines before it can actually do anything useful.

Epson wants you to buy that next set of $500+ replacements sooner, than later.

As a side comment, in Japan the price for the full 9 ink types genuine ink set for the P800 is around 350 US$ on Amazon.

Cheers,
Bernard

Gary Brook

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 04:25:01 am »

If Epson has reduced the volume of ink in the new 10 cartridges of the two new printers, the SC-P700 and SC-P900, the lower prices (proportionally) make sense, especially when they announced their reduced footprint.   And I haven’t yet seen the prices in Australia and they weren't formally announced here yet.

What we don’t know is whether the 50ml cartridges are full or starter versions with the printer, or how efficient the new printer’s maintenance process would be when flushing the heads, so we'll need to wait for a useful review or two.

Whatever they do I’m sure that Epson has considered and understood their customers’ wants and needs, but both my 3800 and 3880 printers are still blocked in the garage, me trying to clear them, yet I'm still happily printing on my DJ130 on the last 2 rolls of PPSP that I bought. 

I know, I know it's old .... but I just like the prints so I have lots of ink and heads, and a spare printer.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 12:11:10 am »

Anyone know if profiles of Epson papers are available for the Canon Pro-1000?

This will most likely never happen or at least not in our life time.  Since the OEM's are competing with each other (Epson vs Canon vs HP), they will not create profiles of their papers on competitor hardware.  This is where you can either choose a comparable media type and profile on the OEM printer with the other brand paper OR create a custom profile of that paper to match the inkset.

Only fine art brands (Hahnemuhle, Canson, Moab, etc) will create profiles for the printer brands since they don't make their own printers.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up