Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X1D vs Fuji GFX 50S  (Read 981 times)

rollsman44

Hasselblad X1D vs Fuji GFX 50S
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:55:46 pm »

I am trying to see which is the best option for the Buck. I know IQ is Excellent on both and the Size and weight is a little more on the 50S.
   I guess my main questions is :  The cost of the lenses for both.  The 50S lenses are much less than the X1D. Purpose is : Portraits, Family group shots and very little landscapes. If there is something I left out let me know.   Thanks for you time and input

pschefz

Re: Hasselblad X1D vs Fuji GFX 50S
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 05:17:17 pm »

didn't you just sell X1D bodies? and GFX bodies a while ago?
this has been discussed over and over again, and it seems you actually have experience with both systems?
schefz.com
artloch.com

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 06:58:44 pm »

If my memory is correct did you not also buy the XCD90 then sell it to buy the XCD 45 then sell that to buy the XCD65 then sell that to buy something else?

The cost of buying something new is only a factor if you sell it in so short a time after that you never get the value from it.
I own the X1D and the XCD90 and recently the XCD45. They are terrific kit. I hope to eventually get the 65.
I did not pay full price for any of them. They were all bought after the early adopters had played with them either as dealer demos or from people who should have done a little bit of research first.

After 40 years in photography I have learnt that buying a cheaper item that is not what you want is just money wasted. Just make do with what you have until you can buy it.
Buy cheap, buy thrice.

In answer to your question, the X1D with the XCD65 would do me. The 90 (or 80) is great for portrait but you would struggle with width on groups. If the zoom materialises then another option.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

rollsman44

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:17:52 pm »

Yes I did have Both and Yes sold them thinking Downsizing to a Lighter system. I really enjoyed both the Hassy and GFX but my budget and Not doing anymore shooting moved me to a less expensive system. Not saying that one day in the near future I will come back to one of these and MORE likely the X1D. In fact the New XCD45 F4P is much cheaper and Lighter than the orig 45 3.5    Maybe Hasselblad will come out with a less expensive Portrait lens as well.
 Thank you for your feedback and knowing I did own these 2.

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 03:38:09 pm »

BUMP

Joe Towner

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 03:46:35 pm »

BUMP

Why? You've owned both, and you're not purchasing right now.  Bang for buck will adjust over the time, so it would be better to ask when you're ready to purchase.  What are you shooting with in the mean time?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:55:17 pm by Joe Towner »
t: @PNWMF

rollsman44

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 04:02:56 pm »

Nikon D810 when I sold my X1D .  Just purchased another X1D the other day and will keep this one.  Now I will look for the New XCD 45P lens   Thanks

Joe Towner

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 06:02:13 pm »

Wait, so you bumped a topic after you purchased another X1D?  Have fun shooting!
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up