Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Innova Exhibition Photo Baryta 310gsm  (Read 7169 times)

MHMG

Re: Innova Exhibition Photo Baryta 310gsm
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 11:16:00 pm »

To my knowledge the innova paper that is available today is a new version. Basiscally the same as canson baryta photographiaue 2 .

Canson Baryta photographique II is definitely not a dead ringer to the earlier version. I consider it a new paper with no particular provenance linking it to the older version other than the name. And FWIW, it also has OBAs.

Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

MHMG

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2021, 11:20:39 pm »

I was referring to the Hahnemuhle Photo Gloss Baryta. I really love the surface. It seems to be in limited supplies.  :(

Many sizes of HN Photo Gloss Baryta 320gsm appear to be currently in stock at B&H. I don't think HN Photo Gloss Baryta was ever affected by the turmoil that arose from production coating issues with the original Ilford Gold Fiber Silk coating formulation and all the rebranded counterparts which have also disappeared from the market.

Mark

MHMG

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2021, 11:36:48 pm »

To my knowledge the innova paper that is available today is a new version. Basiscally the same as canson baryta photographiaue 2 .

That would be incredibly poor judgement on the part of Innova's management if Innova substituted a reformulated ink receptor coating for the older version without giving customers any notice of the change. Canson's Baryta Photographique II coating does not match the ink receptor properties of the older Baryta Photographique version, and it was thus appropriate to rename it as version II...Some folks may not notice, some will like the version II better, but others will think version II is worse. If Innova has had to reformulate its original Exhibition Baryta paper chemistry, it should have noted the change as Canson has done, even if only to keep the same name but mark the new product as  "new and improved".

Mark
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:40:49 pm by MHMG »

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2021, 05:12:17 am »

I just got a small catalog in the mail from Epson announcing their new Epson Legacy Baryta II.  It's on their website as well tho' not at B&H yet.  I wonder if it's another version of the Canson II?

https://epson.com/For-Work/Paper/Pro-Imaging/Legacy-Baryta-II/m/S450095

tastar

• http://www.tastarsupply.com
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2021, 08:30:15 am »

Mike,

The old part numbers are still on their website - Epson changed the heading to Baryta II, but there are no part numbers for the new paper, and as far as we know, there is no new paper shipping yet.

Tony

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2021, 12:25:42 pm »

Mike,

The old part numbers are still on their website - Epson changed the heading to Baryta II, but there are no part numbers for the new paper, and as far as we know, there is no new paper shipping yet.

Tony

Yea, definitely not cricket!  You have to change the p/n when the product is changed.  No new ICC profiles either.

On the Epson site you can (only) put 24 and 44 rolls in your basket to order.  Not sure what that means.

mshea

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2021, 11:03:24 am »

I have gone back to using this paper as I have had no issues either and I love the surface. However, I'm having trouble finding it now. I hope it isn't another discontinued paper.

Continuing to experiment with Innova Exhibition Baryta and I'm liking it as much as Hahn Photo Gloss Baryta, plus reflectivity is much lower. I have four unopened boxes of the Hahn 8.5X11" if anyone's interested.

Merrill

SharonVL

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2021, 04:37:03 pm »

Schoeller True Rag silk Satin seems to be a very close version of the Canson paper in the current Schoeller on-line listing.  I'm trying to find a replacement for Museo Silver Rag now that it has been discontinued.  I profiled Canson Plantine yesterday on my Canon Pro-1000 and it looks quite nice.  I'm running some comparisons now with the new batch of Moab Juniper Rag Baryta which is a slightly warmer paper than the Canson.

Alan, where are you seeing that Museo Silver Rag is discontinued?

Nevermind, just noticed the date on that post.

SharonVL

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 12:27:59 pm »

I just ordered Museo Silver Rag directly from Museo's site. It isn't discontinued but they are only selling it directly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up