Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixed Media  (Read 1498 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Mixed Media
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 04:21:18 pm »

Rob, my friend, how can you be wasting your time when you're creating superb individualistic images?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

faberryman

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 04:42:54 pm »

What that has to do with my post, which has nothing to do with street photography?

But one common subject: faces illuminated by a phone or computer screen.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:48 pm »

Faces illuminated by a phone or computer screen have nothing to do with street photography. In my examples, they are portraits or environmental portraits, again, nothing to do with street photography.

faberryman

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:23 pm »

Faces illuminated by a phone or computer screen have nothing to do with street photography. In my examples, they are portraits or environmental portraits, again, nothing to do with street photography.
People staring at their iPhones are boring regardless of what category you assign them to.

John Camp

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:43 pm »

Painting modern life, objects and people does not make the painting modern...nor necessarily good.

Peter

I know all that. That's why I never used the phrase "modern painting." The only time I used the word "modern" was in "modern cars," meaning cars of our time. Nothing in particular, including modern life, makes a painting good, but it would be nice to encounter more excellent painting that makes use of contemporary culture and is in some way representational and that evokes an emotion or sentiment rather than striving for intellectual purity as non-representational art usually does.

John Camp

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2020, 08:35:28 pm »

People staring at their iPhones are boring regardless of what category you assign them to.

It's interesting that you apparently think that any photo of a person staring at their phone, in whatever light or whatever conditions or situation, is boring. I would certainly disagree. People are interesting, at least some of the time, even if what they are doing is most often boring.

rabanito

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 07:43:39 am »

"Bored Girl Waiting for the Call"

iPhones 500 years ago - Nothing new

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up