Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SureColor P9570  (Read 47667 times)

unesco

Re: SureColor P9570
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2020, 06:35:59 am »

That is not your printer problem, but known ACPU bug.
You can try Dry Creek DCP target printer as an alternative.

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2020, 05:21:44 pm »

Thanks unesco for the heads up, I'll check out Dry Creek.

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2020, 11:26:11 am »

LK by far, others more dependent on colors in print.

Thanks Rand, by LK do you mean the light gray?
Have you found a good source for ink (in the US)? My usual online stores are not stocking most of these inks at this time.

Rand47

« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2020, 07:58:58 am »

Thanks Rand, by LK do you mean the light gray?
Have you found a good source for ink (in the US)? My usual online stores are not stocking most of these inks at this time.

Hi,   It was Jan who commented on LK (Light Gray) ink going “fast.”  But I can concur, for sure!  Light Gray goes fastest, then the Light Magenta, Light Cyan, Photo Black (PK).  The rest are pretty equal.  Least is Green, Orange, Violet.   B&H stocks the ink carts for the 75xx/95xx in all three sizes.  I’m beginning to get enough “feel” for consumption that I am now sizing the carts based on their relative consumption rates.

Rand
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:04:02 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:19 pm »

I see that there's a firmware update for the 7500 (7570). I can't find out what it's supposed to fix / improve, however. Does anyone know?

Jeremy

deanwork

« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:55 am »

Have all the glitches been worked out on the 9570 ?

Is it now a professional printer ready for prime time?

How are the heads holding up.

I’m considering one.

I see that there's a firmware update for the 7500 (7570). I can't find out what it's supposed to fix / improve, however. Does anyone know?

Jeremy

robmaci

« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:40 am »

Sorry folks.  I'm not sure if I updated this but am going to do so now, as the P9570 has broken down again.   

The result a few months ago, 24 hours after I bought the printer and it broke down was that the technicians spent 3 days in my studio replacing, as they put it "all the parts".  So that now it's essentially a new printer again.  They couldn't tell me exactly what happened but with the very basic process of replacing parts, it now works.  What have we learned from this? Nothing

deanwork

« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2020, 11:36:41 am »

Whether we learned anything from this is still in question. If this situation repeats itself with other customers then that is a very big problem. If it doesn’t happen to other customers we could write it off as a rare anomaly.

There are all kinds of things that could possibly come to mind IF we see this kind of chaos repeated. Where are the components made? Where are the printers assembled? How many different factories produce them, etc. iI hope it’s not what people experienced with the 9900’s where many people had no problems for years and many others had total nightmares like that from day one, replacing part after part hoping to find the weak link. Anyone who has taken one of these things apart knows they are VERY complicated devices. When I look in there I’m amazed these things work at all.

It could be you won’t have any problems at all for years and it will be well worth the headache for such as fast capable machine. Or it could be deja vu all over again. Please keep us informed. I hope this is a rare occurrence. You never know about damage in shipping either.

John

Sorry folks.  I'm not sure if I updated this but am going to do so now, as the P9570 has broken down again.   

The result a few months ago, 24 hours after I bought the printer and it broke down was that the technicians spent 3 days in my studio replacing, as they put it "all the parts".  So that now it's essentially a new printer again.  They couldn't tell me exactly what happened but with the very basic process of replacing parts, it now works.  What have we learned from this? Nothing

BobDavis

« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2020, 06:23:34 pm »

I purchased a P9570 this summer to replace a P9000 with a clogged nozzle.  I thought I was getting along OK until I needed to print dark on Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin.  Instead of printing black it prints black with gray streaks.  I use Colorbyte to print and have many years of experience with that.  Epson has sent a technician here twice in December to try to fix the printer (that's Denver, Colorado to Sturgis, SD).  On the second visit they replaced the print head but that didn't improve anything.  The technician suggested I might be happier with a different model of printer, we print photographs on Epson media.

I would like to find one or two people who have the P9570 AND Exhibition Canvas Satin, 36" roll.  I will pay to have a sample printed.  The sample would be a rectangle 35" X 10" with 100% RGB Black.  Again, I am anxious to pay for this sample print plus your time.  Printing a small black square won't tell me anything.  I seem to have an ink starvation problem that doesn't show up on a small test piece.

My dilemma is that I can't go much longer without a functioning 44" printer.  I need to understand if it's only my P9570 that's defective or if none of them will print black on canvas.  Then I need to decide if I should take a chance on another 9570 or another Epson, or maybe a Canon (which I know nothing about).

Thanks,

Bob

deanwork

« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2020, 08:06:58 pm »

The only downside with a Canon large format is the longevity of the inks is 1/3 less than the previous model and the current Epsons. The only other thing I would look into is the black and white capability. They no longer support the excellent True Black and White software available for the previous models. If you do a lot of monochrome as I do,  that is a concern I would evaluate. Other than these two issues the Canons are a joy to work with, fast, no head strikes on any media, no ink waste at all and user replaceable heads. You are just not stopped in the middle of a job to solve the latest quirk. You just send the files to the printer and never ever see banding, ink limit issues or any of that crap. They are outstanding for canvas work.

I have been very disappointed to hear of all the nightmares with the P9570 , especially in regard to difficulties of ink absorption and print head banding which should be a thing of the distant past.

Maybe they were designed to be too fast for their own good.

What I’m wondering is, are people still having these issues when printing unidirectional and high quality mode at 2440 ppi?

I know one thing, a always run my old Canon 8300 at bi directional for canvas and quantity prints and I don’t see any difference . It’s just always fast and clean.  It’s made me spoiled and I can’t go back to time wasting headache days. But at the same time, I wouldn’t buy any printer that didn’t offer stellar black and white and great longevity  as well.

John

I purchased a P9570 this summer to replace a P9000 with a clogged nozzle.  I thought I was getting along OK until I needed to print dark on Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin.  Instead of printing black it prints black with gray streaks.  I use Colorbyte to print and have many years of experience with that.  Epson has sent a technician here twice in December to try to fix the printer (that's Denver, Colorado to Sturgis, SD).  On the second visit they replaced the print head but that didn't improve anything.  The technician suggested I might be happier with a different model of printer, we print photographs on Epson media.

I would like to find one or two people who have the P9570 AND Exhibition Canvas Satin, 36" roll.  I will pay to have a sample printed.  The sample would be a rectangle 35" X 10" with 100% RGB Black.  Again, I am anxious to pay for this sample print plus your time.  Printing a small black square won't tell me anything.  I seem to have an ink starvation problem that doesn't show up on a small test piece.

My dilemma is that I can't go much longer without a functioning 44" printer.  I need to understand if it's only my P9570 that's defective or if none of them will print black on canvas.  Then I need to decide if I should take a chance on another 9570 or another Epson, or maybe a Canon (which I know nothing about).

Thanks,

Bob

BrianWJH

« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2020, 08:09:33 pm »

Bob, are you talking about vertical steaking or horizontal, if it's the vertical streaks the ink cover on the canvas weave seems to be low and the weave pattern is showing through, can also see that effect in the red also, have you tried increasing the ink cover?

Brian.

BobDavis

« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2020, 09:10:27 pm »

Bob, are you talking about vertical steaking or horizontal, if it's the vertical streaks the ink cover on the canvas weave seems to be low and the weave pattern is showing through, can also see that effect in the red also, have you tried increasing the ink cover?

Brian.

This would be horizontal streaks. I have not adjusted ink coverage. I’m not 100% sure, but on Monday, after the technician replaced the print head, we tried to print my 35” black test page. It looked quite black coming off the printer but within a minute the gray streaks appeared, like half the black ink was evaporating. I’ve seen ink evaporate but it’s usually the carrier, I’ve never heard of pigment evaporating.

Bob

BrianWJH

« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2020, 10:35:16 pm »

I’ve seen ink evaporate but it’s usually the carrier, I’ve never heard of pigment evaporating.
Bob

Bob, me neither do you get the same result on a matte paper?

Brian.

unesco

« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2020, 03:22:55 am »

This would be horizontal streaks. I have not adjusted ink coverage. I’m not 100% sure, but on Monday, after the technician replaced the print head, we tried to print my 35” black test page. It looked quite black coming off the printer but within a minute the gray streaks appeared, like half the black ink was evaporating. I’ve seen ink evaporate but it’s usually the carrier, I’ve never heard of pigment evaporating.

Bob

maybe a strange question, but are you sure you use a proper black ink (PK/MK) for this media?

BobDavis

« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2020, 09:12:42 am »

Bob, me neither do you get the same result on a matte paper?

Brian.

The only other paper I’ve tested is Epson Luster 260 which seems to work fine.

BobDavis

« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2020, 09:20:03 am »

maybe a strange question, but are you sure you use a proper black ink (PK/MK) for this media?

I’m using PK with the Epson Canvas. Maybe I should try MK to see what happens?  I should also mention I’ve printed 35” X 10” RGB Green and RGB Red with no streaks, so the ink starvation seems to be limited to the black channel.  And yes, the PK cartridge has been changed with no effect to the prints.

Garnick

« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2020, 09:57:36 am »

I’m using PK with the Epson Canvas. Maybe I should try MK to see what happens?  I should also mention I’ve printed 35” X 10” RGB Green and RGB Red with no streaks, so the ink starvation seems to be limited to the black channel.  And yes, the PK cartridge has been changed with no effect to the prints.

Hi Bob,

Which Epson canvas are you using?.  Does it actually call for PK or MK?  That info should be found in the information sheets that come with the canvas, or the info with the profile you use to print.  If it's a matte canvas you should definitely be using the MK.  But of it's a satin  surface the MK could very well be an issue.

Gary   
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

BobDavis

« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2020, 10:03:43 am »

Hi Bob,

Which Epson canvas are you using?.  Does it actually call for PK or MK?  That info should be found in the information sheets that come with the canvas, or the info with the profile you use to print.  If it's a matte canvas you should definitely be using the MK.  But of it's a satin  surface the MK could very well be an issue.

Gary

Using PK ink with Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin. This is not new to me as I’ve printed on this media every day for many years with various Epson printers.

deanwork

« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2020, 10:17:59 am »

Why Pk? Did you try MK?

If not that’s your problem right there. Just because you can use Pk on some printers doesn't means you should, especially when printing bidirectional and printing fast.

Using PK ink with Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin. This is not new to me as I’ve printed on this media every day for many years with various Epson printers.

BobDavis

« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2020, 10:45:24 am »

Why Pk? Did you try MK?

If not that’s your problem right there. Just because you can use Pk on some printers doesn't means you should, especially when printing bidirectional and printing fast.

Interesting. I think I’ve printed on canvas satin with 3 earlier generations of Epson printers without issue, so I wasn’t tuned in that it might not work anymore. I will definitely try MK first thing this morning. At Epson’s suggestion I’ve tried the Luster 260 profile to print on the canvas, but still got streaks. I’ve also introduced a 3 second dry time to the printing and that also showed no improvement.

I also think it’s time to find a replacement for Epson Exhibition Canvas Satin. I would certainly appreciate some recommendations from the group.

Thanks,

Bob
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up