Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Golden Gate  (Read 276 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Golden Gate
« on: January 09, 2020, 04:08:33 pm »

Golden Gate...

Peter

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Golden Gate
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:22:44 pm »

yes , like it!
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 04:49:08 pm »

Who was driving?

I don't have any car shots, penalty of living alone and not thinking about it when I had a wife. But then, she drove much quicker than I liked, so perhaps I wouldn't have made pix anyway - gripped the seats instead.

When I first saw the Sopranos series, I really did find the titles interesting, all those car shots of industrial areas etc. and it's on my list of things to do if I get back to Glasgow some day: my son can drive and I can snap - assuming Glasgow still has any industrial landscape anymore.

Clever title, too.

Rob

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 05:24:47 pm »

My wife, Barbara...naturally. She likes to drive very fast too. Scares the hell out of me.

Peter

John R

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 09:00:45 am »

Cool Peter. The cool surroundings really do bring the moving truck to life, both by its contrasting color and by the story it tells. I have always wanted someone to drive while I take photos from the car or through the sunroof.

JR

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 09:16:43 am »

Cool Peter. The cool surroundings really do bring the moving truck to life, both by its contrasting color and by the story it tells. I have always wanted someone to drive while I take photos from the car or through the sunroof.

JR

Thanks John,

My wife and I do this quite a lot. Mainly in winter. It came about years ago when my focus in Painting went to landscape. I would scout locations during mid day and would  take note of compass settings for various locations. Then would return when light would work for what I was after. Years later made so much easier with GPS.

Barbra would drop me off, often where a car couldn't park. I would set up and my wife would make loops until the shot was acquired. This process we named our "Photo Safari"...We have been doing this for many years now.

Some of the very best memories in my life have been made and shared with Barbara and our kids on such Safaris.

Golden Gate was photographed this past Wednesday, on our way home from NYC.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:27:12 am by petermfiore »

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 09:54:59 am »

Thanks John,

My wife and I do this quite a lot. Mainly in winter. It came about years ago when my focus in Painting went to landscape. I would scout locations during mid day and would  take note of compass settings for various locations. Then would return when light would work for what I was after. Years later made so much easier with GPS.

Barbra would drop me off, often where a car couldn't park. I would set up and my wife would make loops until the shot was acquired. This process we named our "Photo Safari"...We have been doing this for many years now.

Some of the very best memories in my life have been made and shared with Barbara and our kids on such Safaris.

Golden Gate was photographed this past Wednesday, on our way home from NYC.

Peter

Much the same chez moi: our drives through France on what became our annual pilgrimages to Scotland are amongst the most enjoyable journeys of my life, far better than working trips around the places I'd wanted to see in this world. In my mind, the French drives were my Route 66, and the ultimate change from a little island probably best explored by boat.

I would imagine that Russ' regular drives from Colorado to Florida must have been adventures worth remembering too. And no need for inconvenient ferries, either!

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 07:00:25 pm »

Your painter's eye worked very quickly on this shot.
I love it!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up