Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bull, Looking for China Shop  (Read 754 times)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Bull, Looking for China Shop
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 09:23:34 am »

I should add that cows in India have no resemblance to dear old Ermintrude, they are the size of Volkswagen campervans and come complete with horns befitting the devil.

;-)

And, I heard, also untouchable because a bit holy?

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2019, 09:40:18 am »

And, I heard, also untouchable because a bit holy?

Indeed they are, more than a bit.

The same year saw our second incident with large Indian mammals. We were being driven from Bundi to Jaipur when our car hit a nilgai, or blue bull, at speed which took the side off the car. Thankfully nobody was hurt excepting of course the unfortunate creature. I asked the driver about the status of the nilgai, thinking it might also be holy, but he assured me that all was well as it's considered to be merely a wild bull.

:-\

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:09 pm »

I should add that cows in India have no resemblance to dear old Ermintrude, they are the size of Volkswagen campervans and come complete with horns befitting the devil.

;-)

I am now getting a much clearer picture.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2019, 01:47:37 pm »

About Pirelli, I browsed the decades in search for your edition, you did shoot a Pirelli, didn’t you?

Are you kidding?

You could search the centuries and not find my name on one - unfortunately.

The closest I got was meeting Derek Forsyth and chatting. I told him the Moon one was my favourite, and he told me that in fact it hadn't gone down terribly well. Go figure. If my memory isn't mistaken, his offices were quite near the Abbey Road crossing...

Actually, as I was searching through the site, I noticed that the Moon edition was almost invisible. In fact it only surfaces once, very briefly. I guess he was right.

;-(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:57:07 pm by Rob C »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up