Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gmail spam issue  (Read 655 times)

kevs

Gmail spam issue
« on: December 19, 2019, 09:34:42 pm »

A client today said my normal email , website base email, I use for everything --replying to her unsolicited inquiry was in her spam folder. (I told her to train it not spam)

I think I lose more business per year from this one issue than anything else.

But there is nothing I can do right?  Gmail, will lump me - a self employed photographer - who is responding to a potential client who has emailed me first—  in the same folder with spammers who are sending out 100 million email unsolicited a day.

If this is correct and there is nothing I can do, then curious  why this trillion dollar company can’t get this right..
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
Re: Gmail spam issue
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 05:10:55 pm »

A client today said my normal email , website base email, I use for everything --replying to her unsolicited inquiry was in her spam folder. (I told her to train it not spam)

I think I lose more business per year from this one issue than anything else.

But there is nothing I can do right?  Gmail, will lump me - a self employed photographer - who is responding to a potential client who has emailed me first—  in the same folder with spammers who are sending out 100 million email unsolicited a day.

If this is correct and there is nothing I can do, then curious  why this trillion dollar company can’t get this right..

I have the same issue.  I sent a group email to maybe 15 of my colleagues on a project and after that my domain has been treated as spam by google.  Maybe over time this will change, but for now, I'm forced into using gmail to correspond with people who use gmail...

There is no one to contact at google to fix this issue.
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

kevs

Re: Gmail spam issue
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:17:49 pm »

No way, Google no support they don't care. So I invented my own solution:  I tell everyone, no exception on phone or voice mail to click the not spam button if go to spam to train my email to be blessed ok.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s
Pages: [1]   Go Up