Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pizza wheel marks on P800  (Read 3328 times)

deanwork

Re: Pizza wheel marks on P800
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 09:14:15 am »

Of course they know it’s been going on for years.

Your poster board media setting is probably going to be the best bet. I tried the trick with film of disengaging the wheels by sticking a qtip back in there to turn off the wheels, and it works but then you have issues of the film not grabbing correctly and you have to stand there keep it feeding straight. And also you have marks at the beginning of the media so you have to waste paper. So if you are going to waste paper you might as well use the the poster board setting. Actually that is a really good idea.

John

I finally called Epson support today after their email support decided I need to talk to someone directly.  The rep was kind but not terribly knowledgeable on this matter.  He was unaware this issue existed.  After I told him everything I tried, he didn't have any suggestions to offer.  He put me on hold to discuss the matter with the technicians, after which he said this is a known behavior of the printer and there's nothing that can be done about it, but if I was under warranty they'd be happy to switch out my printer for another to see if it fixes the problem.  Unfortunately I'm not in my warranty period, and anyway from everything I've heard it seems doubtful that would solve my problem.

It seems to me the fact that they know the issue exists, but don't offer a specific remedy for it - even if that means taking it to a service center (offering to replace the entire unit is just honoring their warranty obligations and nothing more, me thinks) - implies a tacit acknowledgement of an inherent defect.  smh

I just print for myself, mostly, so I guess I'll just learn to get used to this defect.  It appears that the only way to use this printer, if you plan to exhibit and/or sell, is to use the thick media mode.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up