Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Television sets v. iPads  (Read 1392 times)

Rob C

Re: Television sets v. iPads
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 02:49:13 pm »

My wife is a big fan of Turkish soap operas of which there are a number on Netflix.

Turkish delights?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:01 pm »

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2019, 03:25:33 am »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 11:24:41 am »

I create slideshows of vacations and other activities that I play on my 75" 4K UHDTV.  Looking at them on a little phone is just not the same.  It looks much better on a 24" monitor than and cellphone.  But still, something about a TV screen on the wall that makes it better.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 11:29:13 am »

Watching anything on an iPad is mostly a personal experience; watching it on a large wall-mounted TV is often social. Social is good, especially with popcorn. Here in the states, it's pretty common to see people watching movies on their iPads during commercial flights. If you can find a down-loadable movie that's worth watching, you can pretty much kill off an otherwise tedious flight.
I just flew United Airlines back from Las Vegas to Newark and watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on their TV with my own headphones.  Made the trip go faster and it was free.  Well, for what they charge for checked baggage I suppose it wasn't free after all.  No popcorn.  Just a little bag of pretzels, the cheap bast**ds.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up