Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to an Epson Solvent S80600.  (Read 2469 times)

aaronchan

Re: Moving to an Epson Solvent S80600.
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »

First of all, make sure you have a good ventilation, it does smell.
Second, If you don't want to run a PC (which I am using Windows everyday and I don't see why people still hates it) you can use Caldera instead of Onyx. Caldera has a native mac version.
All the RIPs are not easy to use, and none of the RIP has an RGB mode for the Epson S80600, so that means you have to start everything from scratch. By Caldera, it is easy, it takes about 30-45 mins to create a new printing environment, Ink Transition, Individual ink limitation and linearization, Total Ink Coverage & Profiling. Simple and easy. You might gonna have some hiccups but I think you will be fine.
Just stay with whatever canvas you need to print with, Solvant printer can print a lot of different kind of material and I do see people keeps a lot of shit which they will never use and at the end, used up all of the space.......

aaron

SigImage

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »

Dan, Best of luck on the solvent, I've given it a thought myself for my canvas business but I've never seen a side by side comparison so I will look forward to hearing what you think.

Once you learn the RIP software I think you will find it can speed you up quite a bit. I'm also a Mac guy but I have my PC Rip. I'm a one man shop and have used Ergosoft RIP's for 15 years, currently running my Epson 2 9900's and the 11880. I LOVE my RIP it makes setting up bulk orders or gang runs extremely fast, plus I have the color profiler option so it handles all my icc profiles and printer linearizations. I recently added an OKIc931 for greeting cards and short runs, but do not have a rip for the oki yet. It feels like going back to the dark ages printing out of the standard print dialog box for me. 

I've been lurking on the boards while, and have to say I was impressed to read about your Epson printer you converted for the ink owl sublimation inks. I think if you can handle that project a RIP should be a breeze, eventually. Going back to Ergosoft I know in the past they included free tech support the first couple months to get you up and running and to help you learn how to run the RIP. They have also been extremely helpful to me when issues occurred, especially when I ran into a snag trying to run an Epson Spectroproofer years ago. They also usually allow you to download and tryout the rip for a month. I'm sure the Onyx rip is great, just thought I'd share my experience with Ergosoft in case your thinking. Like someone else said Ergosoft has gone pretty heavy into sublimation so might be a good fit to also run your P8000 & 9900 printers. I love Erogosft, except when I have to pay to upgrade!

Geeze that's a lot of math to prove I'm not a robot to post this... I guess this is my first post reply.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 04:37:49 pm »

Welcome to Lu Lu and thanks for your input.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up