Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Around the World...  (Read 1341 times)

Rob C

Re: Around the World...
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 12:47:15 pm »

Oooh I am so sorry I missed it...
I'd just chartered a Yacht from the Azores to the Chilean glaciers in Patagonia for just 450'000 Euros a week (low season) plus expenses.
Yes with Deck Jacuzzi, Gym and WiFi.
No, beverages not included.

Maybe next time  ;)

Beverages not included? That's disgraceful, considering the ice would come free, at least in the later part of the gig.

When you bump into the Jolly LuLa expedition, will you be asking them aboard just as long as they leave their pets and cameras in the Zodiac?

:-)

rabanito

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 01:25:21 pm »

When you bump into the Jolly LuLa expedition, will you be asking them aboard just as long as they leave their pets and cameras in the Zodiac?

:-)

Jolly LuLa indeed!
I almost googled that  8)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 02:10:59 pm »

Sorry about the delay.  We flew a group of veterans, relatives and politicians to Yangon for a military funeral of a 435 Sqn RCAF C47 that went missing during WW2.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/lost_over_burma_search_for_closure/

Fantastic story and a superb piece of film-making.  Thanks for that link.  Certainly, your journey is more exemplary than my commercially inspired one, and how amazing that you also flew for 435 sqn! 

I guess you share my record for travelling around the world in a single seat, too.  :)  Albeit a more auspicious one than 33F, back there in coach. :)

The 757, despite its association with you-know-who, remains my second favourite Boeing.  It has an elegance of form only recently surpassed by the 787.

Again, thanks for your story.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up