Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Adobe previews direct photo import coming to Lightroom on iPad'  (Read 2336 times)

jrsforums

Re: 'Adobe previews direct photo import coming to Lightroom on iPad'
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 01:54:26 pm »

Ya always gotta get the last word in, don't you jrsforums :P
See, I do read your writings, I just don't take them seriously  ;D

You know...I said, earlier, you had to get the last word....and in your normal fashion, you hit back and accuse me of doing that.

I know you will not be able to hold back responding.  I will ignore it and let you have you, usual, last work.
John

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 01:58:28 pm »

You know...I said, earlier, you had to get the last word....and in your normal fashion, you hit back and accuse me of doing that.
Because that's what you've done. And will do so again.
“Hypocrite: The man who murdered his parents, and then pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan.”― Abraham Lincoln
I will ignore it and let you have you, usual, last work.

"There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Aram Hăvărneanu

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 02:17:14 pm »

I don't understand why the site administrators haven't banned Andrew already. I try to avoid any thread in which Andrew posts (which is most of them), and I am sure I can't be the only one who feels this way.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 02:24:03 pm »

I don't understand why the site administrators haven't banned Andrew already.
As a newbie here, I can understand why you don't understand how bans work on LuLa.
I try to avoid any thread in which Andrew posts
You can try harder. You can use the Ignore function too and I'd be happy in assisting you in learning how to use it.
I am sure I can't be the only one who feels this way.
Sure you're sure. But that doesn't affect how or why people are banned here.
No one sir, is putting a gun to your head to hear from anyone on the forums you don't wish to hear from. There is a reason for the Ignore functionality here and why it is implemented instead of blatant censorship you desire (banning).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

ButchM

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »

Get over it  ;D ;D

Sound advice ... perhaps you could lead by example.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 10:07:23 pm »

I’m less than excited about this. Adobe haven’t managed to support tethered shooting of Sony onto a laptop so their attempts to directly import images into lightroom on a iPad just irritate me.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

jrsforums

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 10:09:20 pm »

I’m less than excited about this. Adobe haven’t managed to support tethered shooting of Sony onto a laptop so their attempts to directly import images into lightroom on a iPad just irritate me.

Nikon & Canon provide SDKs for Adobe to use.  Do you know if Sony provides similar?  If not, that could be a reason.
John

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »

Nikon & Canon provide SDKs for Adobe to use.  Do you know if Sony provides similar?  If not, that could be a reason.

I don’t know for sure but I assume so because Capture one does a good job with it and so does the CamFi pro native software and a few others.

Also I did use Lightroom to tether Canon cameras and it’s implementation is not good at all compared to what other programs like Capture One are able to achieve.

ButchM

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 11:34:11 pm »

If you are on Mac, there is a workaround if you are interested in tethering. Not sure if your camera is supported but many are using the Image Capture app that comes installed with Mac OS. you can designate a folder for Image Capture to write the images, then set that as a watched folder for Lightroom.

Keep in mind you can't control camera setting or trigger the camera from within Lightroom using this method but you can auto-import imaged captured this way.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 11:52:35 pm »

If you are on Mac, there is a workaround if you are interested in tethering. Not sure if your camera is supported but many are using the Image Capture app that comes installed with Mac OS. you can designate a folder for Image Capture to write the images, then set that as a watched folder for Lightroom.

Keep in mind you can't control camera setting or trigger the camera from within Lightroom using this method but you can auto-import imaged captured this way.

Yes I used that workaround for years. It works but it’s not fast and is rather clunky to set up. As you say you can’t trigger from within LR and there is no access to things like overlays, live view, focus peaking and so on. It effectively renders LR useless as a serious tethering tool.

You show up on a shoot with all the fancy kit and client asks to see live view when you set up. You can no can do and they say oh but the other photographer from last week could do it.

chez

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 10:49:31 am »

Both weighing more than some of my camera with lens, so what?

Many airlines are going to a 7kg carryon limit. Every gram saved allows for more camera gear. For simple editing when traveling to send images to family or friends I'd much rather take an iPad and save the weight for more camera gear.

JWB

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:55 pm »

I have an iPad Pro and a desktop. I do not have a laptop. I am very excited about this update.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up