Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on with all those 1 star PC reviews?  (Read 1175 times)

tsinsf

Re: What's going on with all those 1 star PC reviews?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 12:06:33 pm »

Personally I think a 2TB SSD is a waste. I only put my OS and Apps on a 512GB and everything else is external. That way It is a snack to move computers.
[/quote]

Everybody has their own workflow. I have a 1 TB ssd on my boot drive and store my photos on external spinning drives. But, when I return from a photo shoot I leave the photos on my ssd to speed up editing in LR and Photoshop. After I have finished the editing, I move all the photos to my external disks. I don't cull and throw away any photos, so after a long photo shoot I often have over 3000 photos (I exposure bracket almost every shot). And my Photoshop PSD files are sometimes huge, over 1 GB because I use a lot of luminosity masks. Sometimes when returning from a trip I have another trip's photos still on my internal ssd because I haven't finished editing this project, and have run out of hard drive space to store the new trip. Thus the need for a larger internal SSD. Granted, if you don't try to keep 6000-7000 Raw photos and many large PSD files on your boot drive, you won't need a 2 TB drive.

DP

Re: What's going on with all those 1 star PC reviews?
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 09:25:57 pm »

Thanks for your reply. The kind of failures that you and others describe with PCs just don't occur that often with Macs. Why? They use the same CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and hard drives.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/macbook-problems-recalls-3699153/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up