Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot detect paper size...canon 8300  (Read 299 times)

msongs

• Hawaii Loves Art
cannot detect paper size...canon 8300
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:20 pm »

hi there. my canon 8300 cannot detect paper size. well it always did this now and then so resending the file usually worked but not anymore.

after a week of trying I called the 800 number and spent a half hour trying tricks, including turning off the paper size detect function. finally the guy said the printer is effectively dead and not worth fixing due to cost and lack of parts etc.

so I thought perhaps someone on this forum had this problem and knows a little trick to solve it.

the yellow ink drops out sometimes as well so may need a new head which just compounds the cost.

Msongs
hawaiilovesart.com
batik, digital design, panorama photography

deanwork

Re: cannot detect paper size...canon 8300
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 10:48:41 pm »

I don’t know what he means lack of parts. It uses the same parts as the 8400. They always try to sell you on a new printer. These things can last and last they were so well made.

If you are talking about not recognizing paper as it’s inserted into the feed area of the printer, it can be tricky with larger sheets. You only want to feed it in just barely enough to be recognized by the sensor to pull it in. It’s very common to push it in too far. You tried rolls?

If this is software related, delete the driver and or the photoshop plugin and reload them. Try loading with the standard driver then the plugin.

hi there. my canon 8300 cannot detect paper size. well it always did this now and then so resending the file usually worked but not anymore.

after a week of trying I called the 800 number and spent a half hour trying tricks, including turning off the paper size detect function. finally the guy said the printer is effectively dead and not worth fixing due to cost and lack of parts etc.

so I thought perhaps someone on this forum had this problem and knows a little trick to solve it.

the yellow ink drops out sometimes as well so may need a new head which just compounds the cost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up