Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR on iPad Pro - need help  (Read 647 times)

fmiller

LR on iPad Pro - need help
« on: September 28, 2019, 05:28:24 pm »

HI

I've gotten a new iPad pro, and would like to edit photos (shot long ago) in Lightroom mobile. But I'm having trouble getting started and hope someone can help.

First, I synced a lot (47gb) of photos via iTunes, but cant find them on the iPad via LR. They're stored, but I don't know how to get LR to see them.

Have any of you figured out a good workflow for loading older images into LR mobile?

I've done some research and the popular workaround seems to be to rename the files to 8 characters, put them into a DCIM folder on a card, and have LR treat them as 'new' photos. I'd like to avoid the rename if I can...

Thanks~!

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR on iPad Pro - need help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 08:00:52 am »

HI

I've gotten a new iPad pro, and would like to edit photos (shot long ago) in Lightroom mobile. But I'm having trouble getting started and hope someone can help.

First, I synced a lot (47gb) of photos via iTunes, but cant find them on the iPad via LR. They're stored, but I don't know how to get LR to see them.
Delete them - LR doesn't want them synced that way. They're just using up space on the iPad.

Have any of you figured out a good workflow for loading older images into LR mobile?
The standard way is in your Lightroom "Classic" catalogue. Ensure sync is enabled in the catalogue (that's in Preferences), add the photos to a collection, and sync that collection. Open Lightroom mobile, ensure you are logged into the same Adobe account, and the photos should appear.

I've done some research and the popular workaround seems to be to rename the files to 8 characters, put them into a DCIM folder on a card, and have LR treat them as 'new' photos. I'd like to avoid the rename if I can...
Really? Sounds like you've found some voodoo method.

Going back to the start, where are the originals of these "photos (shot long ago) in Lightroom mobile" ?

John

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 01:34:47 pm »

You can add photos from the “Camera roll” to LR mobile very easily.
Two ways:
1) Click on the cogwheel on the top right to access the settings, then go to “Import” and you can select to add automatically the photos from the camera roll to your catalogue.

2) if you want to select what to include in LR, click on the icon to the left of the camera (blue, bottom right) and it will open the camera roll, you can select (by sweeping) which images you want to add, or click on the three dots on the top right and select all in the displayed menu

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:44:47 pm »

One more comment: after importing the photos from the camera roll into LR you can safely delete them from the camera roll to avoid using unnecessary space
Pages: [1]   Go Up