Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136547 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #2940 on: January 09, 2020, 08:16:08 pm »

Far from certain. Much more likely ethnic Russian rebels from Ukraine.
Thanks for the correction, Slobodan. The shooting was done by a team of three Russians and one Ukrainian. They used a Russian Buk rocket.

Five countries – the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine – form the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) into the tragedy. On 24 May 2018 the JIT announced that the Buk missile installation that brought down the flight belonged to the Russian army.

On 19 June 2019 the Dutch prosecutor’s office announced that criminal charges will be brought in the Netherlands against four individuals. Three are Russians: Igor Girkin, a former colonel in the Russian intelligence service, FSB; Sergei Dubinsky, a former member of GRU, the Russian military intelligence service which has been accused of carrying out the Novichok attack in Salisbury; and Oleg Pulatov, a former soldier in the Spetsnaz GRU, the service’s special forces. One is Ukrainian: Leonid Kharchenko, a member of the Donetsk People’s Republic’s “military intelligence” unit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/mh17-crash-malaysia-airlines-anniversary-ukraine-russia-what-happened-a9007826.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2941 on: January 09, 2020, 08:21:26 pm »

But the Iranian missile was controlled by the Iranian military.  They've been using that Russian missile system for decades and have practiced for years. The irony is they couldn't kill American soldiers with 20 missiles but their aim was perfect killing civilians with one. 

James Clark

« Reply #2942 on: January 09, 2020, 08:30:44 pm »

Ya, I too also vant to hear das analysis of Herr Trumpf.

I can't tell if this is Russian or German  :'(

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2943 on: January 09, 2020, 08:40:17 pm »

I can't tell if this is Russian or German  :'(
Forgetaboutit.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2944 on: January 09, 2020, 08:49:43 pm »

A preposterous and ill-informed statement.  Doctors continuously study to improve their skills.  They have to.  Medical science is changing relentlessly and quickly.

That's what one would expect, Peter.  And there indeed are some doctors in that category.
Unfortunately, in my limited experience, most doctors are not keeping up with rapidly changing medical science. Even worse, they continue to spread out some of the old myths that can harm their patients.

Here are two examples of such practices:
1. Most doctors and even some nutritionists are still advocating consumption of milk and other dairy products which has been proven as harmful for bones, heart and weight gain, including increase of cholesterol, and for prostate and ovarian cancers.

Besides humans (and companion animals who are fed by humans), no species drinks milk beyond their natural age of weaning or drinks the milk of another species. Cow’s milk is suited to the nutritional needs of calves, who have four stomachs and gain hundreds of pounds in a matter of months—sometimes weighing more than 1,000 pounds before they’re 2 years old. Cow’s milk does not suit the nutritional needs of humans, so it’s no wonder that consuming it and its derivatives causes us so many problems.

https://www.peta.org/living/food/reasons-stop-drinking-milk/   

2. Most orthopedic surgeons and dentists still recommend that any person who underwent a heart or prosthetic joint implants should take antibiotic prophylaxis prior to any dental procedures (for 2 years after such surgery or even for life), incl. routine procedures, such as teeth cleaning, despite the latest findings that shows that the risk of adverse reactions to antibiotics generally outweigh the benefits of prophylaxis for many patients. Even the Canadian Dental Association stopped recommending taking antibiotics prophylaxis before the dental procedures, except in some special situations.

This is based on a review of scientific evidence, which showed that the risk of adverse reactions to antibiotics generally outweigh the benefits of prophylaxis for many patients who would have been considered eligible for prophylaxis in previous versions of the guidelines. Concern about the development of drug-resistant bacteria also was a factor.

https://www.ada.org/en/member-center/oral-health-topics/antibiotic-prophylaxis
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:48:15 pm by LesPalenik »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2945 on: January 09, 2020, 08:56:14 pm »

Not only are doctors not keeping up to date.  Those that do are often misinformed by just plain wrong or conflicting studies.  Consider the poor patient who goes to different doctors who recommend different procedures.  It makes one want to be skeptical of Climate change science.  :)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2946 on: January 09, 2020, 09:07:10 pm »

Not only are doctors not keeping up to date.  Those that do are often misinformed by just plain wrong or conflicting studies.  Consider the poor patient who goes to different doctors who recommend different procedures.  It makes one want to be skeptical of Climate change science.  :)

Very true. Nowadays, in many cases, you need not only second, but also a third opinion. As born by examples from my own life and family.

James Clark

« Reply #2947 on: January 09, 2020, 10:06:57 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2948 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:40 pm »

Very true. Nowadays, in many cases, you need not only second, but also a third opinion. As born by examples from my own life and family.

My wife just took herself off a prescription because she feels that she's getting reactions.  This problem is really being swept under the rug. The medical industry doesn;t really talk about it.   I was reading a few years ago that a huge percentage of elderly people just stop taking their pills so frustrating this whole situation is.  Doctors prescribe medicine palliatively forever.  Once they start, they never tell you to stop.  I don't care what they say.  Medicine has lots of side effects especially if taken for a long time.  The studies don;t show these reactions for the most part.  They affect other parts of the body but no one really wants to know. Including the patients.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2949 on: January 09, 2020, 10:21:29 pm »

No one's talking about impeachment.

"Killing of Iranian terrorist leader touted by Donald Trump in Ohio rally, first of 2020"
https://www.cantonrep.com/news/20200109/killing-of-iranian-terrorist-leader-touted-by-donald-trump-in-ohio-rally-first-of-2020/1

James Clark

« Reply #2950 on: January 09, 2020, 10:34:33 pm »

No one's talking about impeachment.

"Killing of Iranian terrorist leader touted by Donald Trump in Ohio rally, first of 2020"
https://www.cantonrep.com/news/20200109/killing-of-iranian-terrorist-leader-touted-by-donald-trump-in-ohio-rally-first-of-2020/1

Trump rallies are where humility and humanity go to die.   

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2951 on: January 09, 2020, 10:48:48 pm »

Trump rallies are where humility and humanity go to die.   
Maybe.  But no one is talking about impeachment.  He sucks the O2 out of the room. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2952 on: January 10, 2020, 04:33:19 am »

...  Doctors continuously study to improve their skills...

;D ;D ;D

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2953 on: January 10, 2020, 04:42:27 am »

...However:

The responsibility for investigation was delegated to the Dutch Safety Board (DSB) and the Dutch-led joint investigation team (JIT)...

;D ;D ;D

OMG! With such an omnipotent insight into the unknown, I can’t wait to hear from them who really shot Kennedy.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2954 on: January 10, 2020, 04:46:08 am »

...  Doctors continuously study to improve their skills...

in cramming more and more patients visits into their billable working day

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2955 on: January 10, 2020, 05:07:59 am »

Iran’s sleeping cells in action:

US House votes to limit Trump war powers on Iran https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51053200

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2956 on: January 10, 2020, 06:12:00 am »

Because Iran is afraid of Trump.  They're not afraid of Europe.
Ever heard of Symbiosis?  Works better than FEAR... to accomplish welfare.
China understands that, most countries do; the US did under Obama.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:18:33 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2957 on: January 10, 2020, 08:19:54 am »

;D ;D ;D 8)  Just like the symbiosis between Germany and France in 1941?

I guess you think giving billions to the Iranians was symbiosis.

Pieter, do you know anything at all about the actions (or lack of actions) by the Western World that led up to WW II? Considering that you're in a country that was quick to go down once the war really got going, I'd think you'd have some comprehension of the problems with what's happening now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:24:41 am by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2958 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:13 am »

Nature abhors a vacuum. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2959 on: January 10, 2020, 09:11:10 am »

"It is an eternal truth that acquiescence under insult is not the way to escape war." Thomas Jefferson

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 196   Go Up