Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 138419 times)

James Clark

Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #860 on: November 02, 2019, 10:46:43 pm »

1. That will be true no matter who is president, or if there's even one at all.
2. There is always a downside.  The downsides are a weakening of the country and increase of percentage of annual budget paid for interest.  Eventually the rates will go up and that will be trouble.
3. Very few "blindly believe."  And the same could be said about Obama's constant BS of "Hope & Change."  Nothing substantive changed at all.
4. If there is little understanding it's because the national media is basically run by partisan fanatics intent on MISinforming the population.  They are dishonest to the core.
5.  When it comes to right/wrong and morals, politicians can universally be used as bad examples.  NONE of the top four people in the current U.S. presidential race are by any stretch moral and honest.
6.  I can help you with this.  I'm not a Trump supporter--I'm a "not Hillary" voter.  Here's what your national press won't tell you.  Hillary is corrupt and phony to the bone.  She has never told the truth about anything and her whole life has been about collecting wealth for herself by hook or crook.  She corrupted the Democratic Party AND the news media in charge of the national primary debates into giving her in advance the questions that would be asked, thus stabbing Bernie in the back.  One of her campaign themes was Trump had a "war" against women, and yet later it came out that she kept a predatory campaign manager despite numerous complaints by women because "he was so good."  Wikileaks founder Julian Assaunge recently went on record that the reason he leaked Hillary's emails was he believed she was a "sadistic, vindictive sociopath" and that the national media would never hold her to account.  (He has been proven correct.)  Finally, in a famous email by Colin Powell the media loved to quote the part where he was negative about Trump but only one provided the whole email.  In that we read Powell wrote, "Hillary always manages to screw it up, usually a result of her own Hubris."  The whole "Russia" investigation just concluded this year turns out to have been instigated by Hillary's campaign staff dirty tricks.    Hillary et al. are the type that could easily turn our country into something equally corrupt as any banana republic.  Most of the people I've talked weren't voting for Trump, they were voting for the "least bad."  Somehow the Democratic Party managed against all odds to find someone worse than Trump.  They seem to be doing the same now by promoting Elizabeth Warren, a person who stole a high paying job that was supposed to go to a minority person, lied about it for years, had the poor judgement to announce a DNA test that showed she was 1/1024 American Indian proved she had been telling the truth, and is now lying about being fired because she was pregnant.  This is another dishonest person who has spent their entire life in protected academia and never had to deal with the real world, and like Bernie is telling us, "Vote for me and everything will be FREE!"  No thanks.   Our political parties have been hijacked by emotion driven partisan fanatics, not people with real governing skills.  The other problem is a national media that is nothing more than the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party, and I would bet your's is exactly the same.

Kent in SD

Lol.  Thing is, even if, for the sake of argument, we pretend that your complaints about HRC are factual, Donald Trump embodies every one of them to a greater degree - usually a much greater degree.

I mean, how am I supposed to take you even remotely seriously when you claim that your problem is that Hillary is a liar and only cares about accumulating wealth, and you follow that by saying, “so THAT’S why I support Donald Trump instead.”   

Two23

« Reply #861 on: November 02, 2019, 11:25:30 pm »

Lol.  Thing is, even if, for the sake of argument, we pretend that your complaints about HRC are factual, Donald Trump embodies every one of them to a greater degree - usually a much greater degree.

I mean, how am I supposed to take you even remotely seriously when you claim that your problem is that Hillary is a liar and only cares about accumulating wealth, and you follow that by saying, “so THAT’S why I support Donald Trump instead.”

Your ability to read and comprehend is in question here.  I never said I "supported" Trump.  I said I voted "not Hillary."  Everything she has said and done since has only reassured me I made the right choice.  As for pretending my "claims" are true, if you do just a minimal amount of research you will find they are indeed and for the sake of brevity I skipped over many.  Do you deny she conspired with Debbie Wasserman Schultz (former head of the Democratic Party,) Donna Brazil (formerly of CNN,)  She admits to it; Hillary never addresses it. 
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donna-brazile-leaves-cnn/

Do you deny the Powell email?
https://www.npr.org/2016/09/14/493927155/powell-trump-a-national-disgrace-clinton-screws-up-everything-with-hubris

Do you deny Julian Assange's stated motivation was Hillary is a sadistic sociopath and the press will never hold her to account?
https://qz.com/1599384/mueller-report-on-trump-campaigns-contacts-with-wikileaks/

Do you deny that former head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, conspired with Hillary to stab poor old Bernie in the back during teh 2016 campaign?
https://www.change.org/p/debbie-wasserman-schultz-a-call-for-corruption-dripping-debbie-wasserman-schultz-head-of-dnc-to-resign

Do you deny that after making a big deal about the "war on women" during her campaign, Hillary herself refused to remove a campaign manager after several complaints from her women staffers?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/01/27/hillary-clinton-metoo-meet-sowhat/

Do you deny E. Warren did not claim to be an "Indian" in order to get a high paying job that was set aside for a minority?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/28/harvard_must_set_the_record_straight_on_elizabeth_warren_140678.html

Are you denying anything I wrote was not factual?

My degree is in medical science, I like to deal with facts when making decisions.  The facts clearly show Hillary was and is corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, and phony to the bone.  That made Trump the "least worst" choice.  As a suggestion I'll recommend you not use MSNBC as your only information source.

Kent in SD

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:37:20 pm by Two23 »
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2019, 11:39:48 pm »

Why is this all about HRC?  She's done.  Who cares?

This discussion is about now, not three years ago.

jeremyrh

« Reply #863 on: November 03, 2019, 03:45:47 am »

Yes, I was in college.  I note you had to go all the way back about 45 years to find anything even close to an example.  At that time there were many fewer producers, and eventually the market did correct the problem.

Kent in SD

You have obviously not kept up to date with recent events in Iran, then?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #864 on: November 03, 2019, 04:36:40 am »

It's a distraction.

+1
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #865 on: November 03, 2019, 06:24:26 am »

Your ability to read and comprehend is in question here.  I never said I "supported" Trump.  I said I voted "not Hillary."  Everything she has said and done since has only reassured me I made the right choice.  As for pretending my "claims" are true, if you do just a minimal amount of research you will find they are indeed and for the sake of brevity I skipped over many.  Do you deny she conspired with Debbie Wasserman Schultz (former head of the Democratic Party,) Donna Brazil (formerly of CNN,)  She admits to it; Hillary never addresses it. 
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donna-brazile-leaves-cnn/

Do you deny the Powell email?
https://www.npr.org/2016/09/14/493927155/powell-trump-a-national-disgrace-clinton-screws-up-everything-with-hubris

Do you deny Julian Assange's stated motivation was Hillary is a sadistic sociopath and the press will never hold her to account?
https://qz.com/1599384/mueller-report-on-trump-campaigns-contacts-with-wikileaks/

Do you deny that former head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, conspired with Hillary to stab poor old Bernie in the back during teh 2016 campaign?
https://www.change.org/p/debbie-wasserman-schultz-a-call-for-corruption-dripping-debbie-wasserman-schultz-head-of-dnc-to-resign

Do you deny that after making a big deal about the "war on women" during her campaign, Hillary herself refused to remove a campaign manager after several complaints from her women staffers?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/01/27/hillary-clinton-metoo-meet-sowhat/

Do you deny E. Warren did not claim to be an "Indian" in order to get a high paying job that was set aside for a minority?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/28/harvard_must_set_the_record_straight_on_elizabeth_warren_140678.html

Are you denying anything I wrote was not factual?

My degree is in medical science, I like to deal with facts when making decisions.  The facts clearly show Hillary was and is corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, and phony to the bone.  That made Trump the "least worst" choice.  As a suggestion I'll recommend you not use MSNBC as your only information source.

I can relate with your concerns about Hilary Clinton, but do you still think today that voting Trump was a good decision?

Clinton is certainly corrupt (all politicians in the US by design since the law allows their funding by private parties), dishonest and phony, but there is zero doubt that she is way more competent than Trump.

Heck, I am pretty certain I would do a better job than Trump as a President.

You calling her incompetent makes me wonder if you are objective about her abilities.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:36:36 am by BernardLanguillier »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #866 on: November 03, 2019, 08:36:20 am »

I'm baaack!  Well, Sunday's a good day to catch up.  I see not much has changed.  Nobody's changed their minds.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #867 on: November 03, 2019, 08:41:58 am »

...  do you still think today that voting Trump was a good decision?..

Hell, yeah!

Not just was, but will be as well.

Competence!? Who cares about the competence? Especially since just being “competent” would make even you* the president. It is policy that matters, as stated many times so far, not personality.

* since even your competency (at stitching 100 Mpx files into gazillion Mpx ones) doesn’t matter, what exactly are your policy proposals that would make me vote for you? So far, I heard only whining. Not really an attractive campaign platform (than again, it has worked for Bernie splendidly, but I wouldn’t vote for him either)

Two23

« Reply #868 on: November 03, 2019, 08:42:57 am »

Trump is president because the other choice was Hillary.  Very relevant.

Kent in SD
miserere nobis.

Two23

« Reply #869 on: November 03, 2019, 08:48:43 am »

I can relate with your concerns about Hilary Clinton, but do you still think today that voting Trump was a good decision?

1.  Clinton is certainly corrupt (all politicians in the US by design since the law allows their funding by private parties), dishonest and phony, but there is zero doubt that she is way more competent than Trump.

2.  Heck, I am pretty certain I would do a better job than Trump as a President.

You calling her incompetent makes me wonder if you are objective about her abilities.

Cheers,
Bernard

1.  Yes.  Trump is still better.

2.  Nothing in Hillary's past suggests she did a good job at anything other than collecting wealth for herself while in public office.  As Colin Powell noted, "She manages to screw up everything, usually a result of her own hubris."

I was for Kasich in the last election.  He has real political skills as evidenced by his ability to successfully govern a divided state.  Unfortunately none of the people in the lead for the next election give me any confidence.  Not one has much political skill or has shown an ability to compromise to get something done.

Kent in SD
miserere nobis.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #870 on: November 03, 2019, 08:50:37 am »

Clinton is certainly corrupt (all politicians in the US by design since the law allows their funding by private parties), dishonest and phony, but there is zero doubt that she is way more competent than Trump.

Heck, I am pretty certain I would do a better job than Trump as a President.

Cheers,
Bernard
I originally prefered Bush but he only got 3% of the nomination vote after spending $100 million on his campaign.  How is Hillary competent?  She rode her husband's coattails to become senator in NYS even though she's from Arkansas.  The Democrats who run democrat NYS got her the job.  She became Secretary of State with Obama again as a payoff to keep the Clintons quiet and so she wouldn't run against Obama in his re-election.  As Secretary of State, she handled the disaster in Benghazi, the overthrow of Gaddafi, almost got us into war with Russia and North Korea.  Meanwhile she sold influence to foreign leaders due to her position.  Her husband was able to make $100 million off of it for the same reason.  She never ran anything in her life.

Similar to Elizabeth Warren who's a phony as well.  She sold her race faking a minority to get ahead and never ran anything either.  Now she wants to spend America down into bankruptcy lying that the middle class won't have to pay higher taxes for government health care.  A liar, a faker and a phoney all the way through. 

PS:  I don;t know your qualifications, but I doubt if you ran 500 companies and made $3.5 billion like Trump did. 

Finally, giving money to people running is not corrupt.  You ought to familiarize yourself with the American Constitution before making such a claim.  Being able to support your needs and desires in a person who represents you and to petition them for redress in Congress is part of our free speech guarantees.  It takes money to get those ideas out.  And since all candidates need money, it evens itself out.  For example, corporations make a pitch, but so do unions as do environmental organizations.  They all take contributions from people to get their points across. 

jeremyrh

« Reply #871 on: November 03, 2019, 08:52:38 am »

I'm baaack!  Well, Sunday's a good day to catch up.  I see not much has changed.  Nobody's changed their minds.

How did that "getting a life" work out?  How long till the next flounce?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #872 on: November 03, 2019, 08:55:28 am »

How did that "getting a life" work out?  How long till the next flounce?
Ask my wife.  :)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #873 on: November 03, 2019, 08:55:51 am »

Yes, I was in college.  I note you had to go all the way back about 45 years to find anything even close to an example. At that time there were many fewer producers, and eventually the market did correct the problem.

Kent in SD
That was before the huge consolidation of the petroleum industry.  there were many more refiners and integrated petroleum companies.  Were it not for the fracking revolution and new approaches such as horizontal drilling, the US would not be in the self-sufficient state regarding petro energy that they are today.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #874 on: November 03, 2019, 08:58:01 am »

That was before the huge consolidation of the petroleum industry.  there were many more refiners and integrated petroleum companies.  Were it not for the fracking revolution and new approaches such as horizontal drilling, the US would not be in the self-sufficient state regarding petro energy that they are today.
The Democrats want to shut down fracking and make as dependent on the Middle East again.  That will open us up to more war there.  Are you in favor of fracking? 

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #875 on: November 03, 2019, 09:27:35 am »

The Democrats want to shut down fracking and make as dependent on the Middle East again.  That will open us up to more war there.  Are you in favor of fracking?
Absolutely but I'm also cognizant of the issues that it raises.  Look at all the earthquakes that are taking place in Oklahoma right now.  there are environmental issues but as with anything they can be managed.  There is no free lunch and never has been.  It did not escape my notice that there was a major leak on the Canadian side of the Keystone pipeline and a large amount of oil was spilled.  Stuff happens.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #876 on: November 03, 2019, 09:35:42 am »

Absolutely but I'm also cognizant of the issues that it raises.  Look at all the earthquakes that are taking place in Oklahoma right now.  there are environmental issues but as with anything they can be managed.  There is no free lunch and never has been.  It did not escape my notice that there was a major leak on the Canadian side of the Keystone pipeline and a large amount of oil was spilled.  Stuff happens.

See! There are things we can agree on  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #877 on: November 03, 2019, 09:52:10 am »

Al three of us agree.  Pretty impressive.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #878 on: November 03, 2019, 10:02:45 am »

Fracking also produces natural gas in huge amounts.  While not directly related to ME oil, it's a major fuel used in heating especially.  I use gas and there's no smell like oil burning furnaces.  It's also cheaper than oil for the same Btu's.  No trucks have to deliver it.  Cleaner than oil. Also, when you use more natural gas, you're less dependent on foreign oil as well and it lowers oil prices since it's a competitor to oil.  Trump is a heavy supporter of fracking but I don't know how much that will affect the upcoming election. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #879 on: November 03, 2019, 10:19:40 am »

It seems that neither Hilary, nor “Russian Collusion” can go away. Facebook just reminded me of my post from three years ago:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 196   Go Up