Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using an Epson SC-P7000 in a cold garage  (Read 610 times)

picturesfromthelow

• Luca Setti - Fine Art Photographer
Using an Epson SC-P7000 in a cold garage
« on: September 21, 2019, 09:25:00 am »

I'm planning to create a small print studio in my garage, printing with an Epson SC-P7000. The garage has no heating and is usually quite cold all year long. While the temperature is ideal during Summer, in Winter it can get really cold inside, with temperatures as low as 9°C. I will purchase an oil filled radiator heater but I would prefer not to keep it on all day, becuase it's very expensive to operate. I checked the printer's manual and read that the working temperature range is 15-35°C.
Do you think it will be an issue if the printer stays in a room at 10°C during the day which I will then heat up to at least 15° before printing?

Luca

Paul_Roark

Re: Using an Epson SC-P7000 in a cold garage
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:51:25 am »

I have found that my Epson 9800 will skew prints slightly if my inside (largely un-heated) room is not within what I'd call a normal inside temperature range.  An image that should be a perfect rectangle will be a slight trapezoid.  I was using a roll of satin paper when this happened (more than once).

www.PaulRoark.com

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 12:10:54 pm »

My printmaking and photo mounting studio is quite large, about 3000 sq feet. We are in se Pa. so the winters get pretty cold here.The heating system has 4 zones. The studio gallery and printing area are kept  at 50 degrees at night and 60 for working during the day with no problems the last 10 years. Spray booth and large framing workshops are kept at 40 and raised to between 50 and 60 when working in those zones.
The printers work just fine at 50 degrees. Keep yours no lower then 10 C-50 f at night and you will be fine.
It would be much better to have a small heater that has an accurate thermostat you can set to 10 c at night.

picturesfromthelow

• Luca Setti - Fine Art Photographer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 02:44:48 pm »

I must say I was a bit nervous about the temperature issue but now, especially after reading Dan's reply, I feel relieved. I was worried I could have run into troubles.
Thank you so much for your help sirs! :)

Cheers,
Luca
Pages: [1]   Go Up