Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a Thank You to those who helped me with this...  (Read 1242 times)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Just a Thank You to those who helped me with this...
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 06:56:39 am »

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Re: Just a Thank You to those who helped me with this...
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 10:44:41 am »

Wow!  I just logged back in to find all of these thoughts. It is great to see how each of you think about these images and the submission. I have lots to think about and learn from here. Thank you!

These images were submitted to a call for images that fit into the theme. Aside from hope that they would evoke memories or feelings of "forgotten" they don't fit together. After reading all the comments and questions I now realize that I did not even consider them as working as a body but as individual images which may, or may not, fit into the juror's vision for the show; as well as images he thought would "play well with others" selected to be the whole..

For this little exhibition I don't think there is even an option of having more than one, or maybe two, images accepted. I gave up trying to guess what each juror is looking for. I just submit what think might fit into the juror's stated theme. And who knows what that really is? I always attend the juror's talk (accepted or not) when I can and am always surprised by how different and individual the decision making processes are for each. And even more interestingly, to me anyway, when I am accepted it is rarely the image(s) I thought stood the best chance going in.

Anyway, Thank You again for taking the time to give me your thoughts. I love learning to understand how each of you think about your work, and how I should (could) be thinking about mine. -t
One Day At A Time
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up