Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dorian  (Read 882 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Dorian
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 05:11:55 am »

The Bahamas are so flat they flood easely with a storm surge. The good thing is the houses are strong and are anchored on limestone.
The images are truly horrible to look at... some parts also got 89cm of rain....
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49574900

I'm not so sure about the housing situation. Earlier reports mentioned something lik 45% of homes being  severely damaged or destroyed. But such early information is understandably not that reliable.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 09:12:18 am »

This video of Abaco show a pretty bad picture of the destruction.  The cars often seem like they held up the best.  I wonder if people would be better off staying in their cars for protection during the storms although high water could cause drowning situations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv08_dzb_Xw

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 05:15:45 am »

This video of Abaco show a pretty bad picture of the destruction.  The cars often seem like they held up the best.  I wonder if people would be better off staying in their cars for protection during the storms although high water could cause drowning situations?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv08_dzb_Xw

Well, they might get driven into the ocean.

Boats, on the other hand, get driven onto the land.  Better be rich like Trump, and get onto your jet and fly somewhere else. Maybe for a few games of golf until things settle down? (Hell if you are he, your country would pay to fly you somewhere else.)

Rich solves everything, often even health. Certainly saves you from political reality that only affects the rest of us, the drones.

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 09:51:49 am »

...Rich solves everything...

The very reason people strive to become rich, which, in turn, helps even the drones.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 10:37:09 am »

Well, they might get driven into the ocean.

Boats, on the other hand, get driven onto the land.  Better be rich like Trump, and get onto your jet and fly somewhere else. Maybe for a few games of golf until things settle down? (Hell if you are he, your country would pay to fly you somewhere else.)

Rich solves everything, often even health. Certainly saves you from political reality that only affects the rest of us, the drones.

;-)
Man can't live by bread alone.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 11:31:40 am »

Man can't live by bread alone.

Of course... a healthy dose of macho vanity is also needed ;)

"No solo de pan vive el hombre"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up