Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P6000 can't install Printer driver for MacOS Mojave 10.14.3  (Read 556 times)

BrianWoolf

Needed to upgrade my 2011 iMac 21.5' model as the start button does not work very well, was solving that problem by leaving the computer on all the time. A lightning strike shut off the computer and had a hard time starting back up, of course I was in the middle of a rare job. I am retired.

Put up a newish 27" iMac that came with Mojave, tried to print and nothing, went to Epson's site and downloaded the Mojave combo for my P6000. There were only two choices one had a date from 2018 and the "SCP6000_Lite_La.dmg" from 8/15/19, so I downloaded that and attempted to install it. It seemed to say that it was installed but the next screen took me to the "Please Wait" dialog box (see pic below) and the computer got hung up, the wheel in the upper right keep spinning, after about 6 hours of that nonsense, I had to pull the electrical plug to shut off the computer, as there was no way out. After starting back up, I tried to print in case the printer driver was install but the epson utility said that there was a "communication error", this was on thursday.

Tried again on friday, starting with throwing away the driver that I downloaded thursday and doing everything over and got stuck again on he please wait screen again, after 1 hour i pulled the plug again.

Contacted epson via email and they got back with a real dumb solution that I should download the exact same file that I had done and that might solve my problem. The stupid part of that is it is the only file to download, there aren't any other options.

I thought we were out of the dark ages of computers where things might actually work.

So does anyone have any solutions on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 and printing to an Epson Sure Color P6000. I can't imagine if I was running a business with this printer - what would I do?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter. Note: that the buttons on the bottom of the Please Wait dialog box are grayed out and don't work
Brian

I.T. Supplies

Re: Epson P6000 can't install Printer driver for MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:42:54 am »

You may want to try another data cable.  The one you are hooked up with may be bad unfortunately.  Ethernet is usually a good method (unless you're already using it).  If the setup was all affected by the lightning strike, it "may" have killed the cable upfront.

Hopefully that resolves the issue.  Are you plugging the printer (printer to computer) when it states to or is it already plugged in the during the start of installation?  You'll want to plug it into the computer when the installation process requests otherwise!

BrianWoolf

Re: Epson P6000 can't install Printer driver for MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:54:08 pm »

Fixed The Problem: the only thing I had left to do was update the MacOS from 10.14.3 to the current 10.14.6 and the Epson new Mojave Printer Driver installed with no problem.

I. T. thanks for the idea about a new data cable but I find all iMac's short on ports, so I only have one USB port left open, for flash drives, hard drives and my printers. So I only plug in the printer that I am using and it is never connected when off - that is when I had the Lightning strike. Never had a problem with any cable so far, but Thanks,
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up