Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getty, beyond Evil, stay or go?  (Read 538 times)

kevs

Getty, beyond Evil, stay or go?
« on: July 11, 2019, 01:35:00 pm »

I came on board via Tony Stone years ago...  I only make a few hundred $ a year, with about 200 images on Getty. Some lifestyle, some celebs stuff.

Their vileness is so flagrant in their abusive ticket contact hall of mirror system; just surveying, would other stay or just bag it?

(I say that with understanding that most the is a basket case as well)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:55:30 pm by kevs »
Canon 5D2/ Profoto D1s

KLaban

Re: Getty, beyond Evil, stay or go?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:46:14 pm »

I came on board via Tony Stone years ago...  I only make $300 to $500 a years, with about 200 images on Getty. Some lifestyle, some celebs stuff.

Their evilness is so flagrant in their abusive ticket contact hall of mirror system; just surveying, would other stay or just bag it?

(I say that with understanding that most the is a basket case as well)

There are those who would say that by placing 200 images with Getty and earning a pittance you are a part of the problem.

I'd say, please, don't feed the monster.

kevs

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 02:54:39 pm »

Thanks KL, that's why I'm posting, you are probably right...
Canon 5D2/ Profoto D1s

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 07:19:28 am »

Thanks KL, that's why I'm posting, you are probably right...

I was with Stone from back in the late 70s. He invited me aboard due to a calendar printer down in England who did some bespoke calendar printing for me and used to use Stone for his stock calendars.

It was fine at first, but as Stone grew and grew I became increasingly relatively tiny. Then, all sorts of changes happened and it became hardly worth the bother and certainly not worth risking a model trip's cost.

We parted company. Then digital came in and fucked everything, just as I'd moved into 6x7 to make my stuff more marketable (I was told).

I know other stock shooters, and none that used to float trips does it anymore. Hell, magazines don't most of the time!

It was going to be my pension... instead, it's the egotripper's wet dream.

:-)

P.S.

In the good years, Stone was amazing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:41:54 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up