Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1profiler OBC profiling error  (Read 502 times)

Stephen G

i1profiler OBC profiling error
« on: July 08, 2019, 10:05:53 am »

The head on my Epson P9000 was recently replaced so I'm re-profiling my various media. I have a canvas that is rich in OBAs, so it needs the OBC profiling feature of i1Profiler.

I've profiled this canvas previously, with no trouble at all. Today i1Profiler is throwing out an error. I got through the measurement process, and saved the data, without a hitch. On the OBC tab it reports "An error occurred while generating the gray values. There may be a problem with the measurement data. Please check the logfile for details."

The logfiles that I can find are empty. No joy here.

I still have the measurement data from when I profiled this canvas last year. i1Profiler is able to load this and generate the gray patches successfully. If I compare the two measurement files (superficially in Notepad), they are very similar. No truncated data that I can see. File sizes almost identical. Headers and footers the same, except for dates and a few text fields like 'paper type'

I'd really rather not measure everything again. I'm hoping someone here has encountered this and can offer suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:48:04 am by Stephen G »

Stephen G

Re: i1profiler OBC profiling error
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:20 am »

OK, I re-measured the patches and got the same error. What's interesting is that i1Profiler allows me to create a profile from the measurement data, through the regular, non-OBC pathway. So it can't be completely 'bad'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up